2024 draft discussion thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams and Oladapo tell me there is a strong chance Bullard could be our Nickle a lot cuz he is that good. We have so many moveable pieces now on the back end it isn’t funny.

Oladapo can do deep, slot, box or behave as a weak side LB.

Gute is hammering that backside

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Gute is going to play rock-paper-scissors, uh I mean Rock-Ya-Sin in free agency.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great breakdown of Gute's 1-3 round picks. Are there any tendencies 4-7?
Thanks.... yeah; here's what I came up with for the 4th (prior to this year, of course)

===========================

ROUND 4

The 4th round is where Gutekunst gets focused again and looks for reliable rotational players and depth; players who can sit on the practice squad and/or special teams for a year or two and see if NFL level coaching can turn them into NFL level players. His 4th-round formula has generally worked out very well; he's gotten some good and even excellent players with that pick - 3 out of 5, in fact. That's pretty good for a 4th round, very much better than the league average. And he's back onboard the "elite athlete" train - average 4th round RAS is a solid 9.

He seems to look here for players from lower-profile schools who may not have attracted a lot of attention from scouts - Nevada, Wake Forest, Missouri, Auburn... good schools, but not a lot of prime time exposure. No Ohio States or Georgias in his 4th rounds.

============================

Early impression for this year is a little uncertain.... in terms of athleticism, Williams is an outlier - 7. By far the lowest RAS he's ever drafted in the 4th, but otherwise seems to fit the Round 4 pattern.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Honestly.....Gute wants to go grab Michael Pratt I'm 100% behind it.
I'm going to rethink original post on Pratt....yeah, go get him in the 6th Gute!!

Round 6 (2)

- Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
- Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane
- Javontae Jean-Baptiste, DE, Notre Dame
- Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to rethink original post on Pratt....yeah, go get him in the 6th Gute!!

Round 6 (2)

- Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
- Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane
- Javontae Jean-Baptiste, DE, Notre Dame
- Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa
We already drafted Oladapo dork

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they going to draft a CB? Edge or Dt? Another OL, or does Newman have a chance to stick? A QB?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they going to draft a CB? Edge or Dt? Another OL, or does Newman have a chance to stick? A QB?
So to be fair Bullard is a slot corner - fully capable and honestly better than Nixon there. I wouldn’t be blown away to see that as a way he gets deployed often