Studs and dud bears official

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice work by the defense. They made key stops and played aggressively at the end.

Rodgers is the difference between a victory and a blowout. Greatest player of all time

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Stud- Every player (besides CM3) in the second half and JK Scott in the first half.

Dud- Every single player in the first half besides JK Scott.

Rodgers, Bahkitari, Cobb, Dline and CBs get my nod.

Bulaga, McCray, CM3, And Brice need work.

I want to see Aaron Jones out there.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud: Chris Collinsworth for stating that "even Bear fans don't like seeing Aaron Rodgers being carted off the field". Come on Chris, who are you trying to fool? I wonder if he asked some Bear fans after the game how they felt about #12 coming back to play.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was an absolute stud, so was Cobb. Kizer, Matthews, really MM we're duds. If Rodgers hadn't come back. This may be his final season. I will never forget his "confidence" in Hundley. He was so sure he was good enough QB. He was awful, Kizer fumbled, and threw a pick six, but at least he didn't look as scared as BH. Great job Rogers, you definitely deserve that contract, even before tonight's win.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To all of those who doubted.......enjoy your landing!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all of those who doubted.......enjoy your landing!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lol this is funny in hindsight, but when Rodgers when down, and Kizer came in, coughed up a pick 6, a fumble and put us in a 20-0 hole at home against the bears, the season certainly was over had Rodgers been seriously injured. Thank heavens for our resilient god, Aaron Rodgers had ligaments of steel tonight though, just like his balls.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lol this is funny in hindsight, but when Rodgers when down, and Kizer came in, coughed up a pick 6, a fumble and put us in a 20-0 hole at home against the bears, the season certainly was over had Rodgers been seriously injured. Thank heavens for our resilient god, Aaron Rodgers had ligaments of steel tonight though, just like his balls.
Come on, Kizer was just getting warmed up with his fumble and pick 6.....we weren't done yet! ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I totally understand people overreacting in-game. My advice is just maybe don’t post your emotional overreaction? I mean, it makes no difference to me. But it does end up making people look stupid.

First games are hard to assess. They often end up being outliers when you look back on the full season. This one is especially weird, given the circumstances.

I thought the receiving corps played amazing. Rodgers was himself, which is to say unstoppable, but Allison, Cobb, and Adams all made individual plays that were super impressive to me.

The defense looked lost early and really clamped down late. They gave up a mere 16 points, and that’s with the offense punting or turning the ball over for the first half+. So will they be inconsistent, or was it first game jitters, or just the lack of familiarity with Nagy? Probably some combo of the three. But I saw Pettine’s influence in some of those mug fronts and zone blitzes, and they were effective. I was pleased with the young DB’s.

Trubisky is a slippery fellow, but still looks pretty bad to me. The Bears supposed emergence hinges mostly on him and it wasn’t a great start.

Mack was an absolute freak show until our quarterbacks stopped holding the ball so long and got a drive going and wore him out.

Kizer was predictably impressive on a couple throws and prone to make huge mistakes. I still wish they had a veteran #2 but his upside is still interesting.

H

HardRightEdge

Credit where credit is due to the Bears best two defenders: Khalil Mack and DeShone Kizer.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Dud: Chris Collinsworth for stating that "even Bear fans don't like seeing Aaron Rodgers being carted off the field". Come on Chris, who are you trying to fool? I wonder if he asked some Bear fans after the game how they felt about #12 coming back to play.
Chris Collinsworth needs to shut up a lot more often. His pre-snap mouth-running is darn near intolerable. He can't find his way clear to set up a play. His post play is equally bad where an 8 yard swing pass is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

The only thing he's good at is after-the-fact breakdowns with the telestrator. He'd be good on one of those mid-week breakdown shows where the pay is lot less.

When is his contract up?

H

HardRightEdge

...the season certainly was over had Rodgers been seriously injured...
No kidding. That had the look of an ACL. He's got something there...an MCL, meniscus, ?

I wonder who has the record for most consecutive losses as a starting QB to start a career? I would not want to see Kizer challenge that record if he doesn't hold it already.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No kidding. That had the look of an ACL. He's got something there...an MCL, miniscus, ?

I wonder who has the record for most consecutive losses as a starting QB to start a career? I would not want to see Kizer challenge that record if he doesn't hold it already.

It looked bad watching it on replay, like acl. I was hoping for mcl sprain, but when he got up and then layed back down I thought for sure we were doomed. I just hope it’s nothing that’ll linger past a few days because the Vikings are legit both offensively and defensively. We’re going to need a healthy Rodgers.

H

HardRightEdge

It looked bad watching it on replay, like acl. I was hoping for mcl sprain, but when he got up and then layed back down I thought for sure we were doomed. I just hope it’s nothing that’ll linger past a few days because the Vikings are legit both offensively and defensively. We’re going to need a healthy Rodgers.
Well, look on the bright side. Rodgers is awfully good in ball control mode getting the ball out fast, then taking shots selectively. He's got a full complement of possession receivers who run good routes. Nobody's better whipping through a progression of short routes. I'm not often disappointed when they go into "metriculation" mode.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fairness even Rodgers looked like he thought his season was over. He was shaking his head as he was carted off.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Only time I was in doubt was when I thought Rodgers tore an ACL or something in his knee and would be done for the season then at that point its safe to say season is over.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah really. Bears fans were probably wetting themselves when Rodgers was carted off.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, look on the bright side. Rodgers is awfully good in ball control mode getting the ball out fast, then taking shots selectively. He's got a full complement of possession receivers who run good routes. Nobody's better whipping through a progression of short routes in short order. I'm not often disappointed when they go into "metriculation" mode.

I just do not understand why MM chooses not to start the game with that way. He also never does. The offensive play-calling in the first half was offensive in the extreme. Then finally at halftime they make an adjustment. It happens like, eery other week.

Rodgers is a great pocket, ball-control passer. I hate seeing him hold the ball for 4+ seconds on every passing play.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
  • Nothing more I can say about AR.
  • Pettine -- yes we have a defense
  • WRs -- Cobb was on fire, Allison is legit. Davante good as always.
  • Jamaal Williams -- decent running, great blocking
  • Left side of the OL -- didn't hear their names called all night.
Duds:
  • F--k Clay Matthews.
  • Packer tackling. Too often it was just awful.
  • MM and the first half play - calling. The same old thing every week with him. Completely predictable plays that put Rodgers in danger because he holds the ball too long.
  • Jimmy Graham -- was pretty invisible
Honorable Mention:
  • That punter guy
  • The DBs -- some good, some bad.
  • Montgomery -- he had some good catches and played decent, injury free football for once
Add: I forgot to mention Kenny Clark. Double-teamed all game and was dominant in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of my list has already been mentioned, so I'll just add some points so I feel important while I let my coffee cool.

Rodgers probably has an MCL sprain and maybe even tear. maybe Meniscus involvement, but you can practically find a damaged one on anybody at any time. It will be an interesting season for us in the least. One bright spot, it might actually get us out of starting the games looking for big plays. A HUGE DUD in that game was drop back and look, drop back and look, drop back and look. Linsely and McCray were getting their ***** handed to them, Bulaga was working into form, but wasn't terrible, but the pass protection was bad. Instead of getting the offense going, they just lined it up and did it again. It's like I could smell and injury coming. When he couldn't move, it was back to running a real offense and what do you know, it worked. Adams made plays, The line blocked, Cobb made plays, Gmo made plays and Rodgers put the ball where it needed to be. Quit making it so difficult.

a fast start can be 4 first downs and a FG. It doesn't need to be a 40 yard pass play. those big plays will become regular plays with Rodgers and Co. when you establish an offense, move the chains and set things up. Rodgers will be in the training room if you keep starting games looking for big plays. Cripes, we had run, run 1st down. Then I swear we passed the ball 15 times in a row on 3 and outs. I'm probably exaggerating, but only slightly. extending plays and moving around is an excellent quality to have in your QB and offense, but it can't be the entire offense. It's as bad as a running QB.

those big 3 pass catchers made some great plays for him too. Adams, Cobb, Gmo, not sure what to say that needs to be said, everyone who saw it knows what i'm talking about. Williams in his pass protection, he picked up a couple guys that allowed some of those to happen as well. best last line of defense we have back there for Aaron on the team, by far.

on to the defense I think part of it was a lot of unscouted looks combined with getting their legs under them, etc. Once they got a feel for what they were doing they shut it down. and some of those 1st quarter passes, great catches, not perfect coverage, but pretty good. Those are plays that happen sometimes and unlike other years it was because they had to make a good play, not some busted coverage giving up 15,20,30 yards. I liked the combination of letting big guys go after them and then lining everyone up it seemed on the line and some stay, some go and it seemed to confuse them a bit. It's a read and react league, so we'll see how this grows or gets sniffed out as the season progresses. So far I like what I see. I'm not expecting a shut down defense out of the gates. I expect we're only going to get hints of what they'll be capable of here and there, and by weeks 6-8 there will be enough familiarity in game situations this defense can start playing more aggressively. I thought the young guys did very well in their first real action. I thought Alexander had a phenomenal play beating a blocker and stuffing a receiver down at the bottom of the screen.

None of them were real super studs off the top of my head, but a lot of guys made some good plays. Clark maybe, he routinely is beating 1-2 guys or holding the point and making the play. Or forcing it. Very disappointed in Matthews. He's supposed to be a leader and he almost cost us the game with practically the only play he was involved in all night. It's not his first time either. I've defended him enough in the past, but he's on my short list. Had we lost that game I wouldn't have cared much if they cut him by this morning. I know, emotional overreaction, but if you're going to make that much and not help much, you better damn well not hurt us either. He did, and now he has the rest of the season to try and atone for it

oh and Dix. Finally makes a play on a 3rd down, a pretty tough one to get Simm? I think down before the 1st down. But then he leaves an "out" wide open to the RB on the Bears last scoring drive giving up a huge run. Didn't hurt so bad because they were probably in FG range anyway I think. That just made it a chip shot and took some more time, which in the end didn't matter. But they could have stopped it right there. Matthews had contain, the line had the middle stuffed up and Dix went right to the mass of people rather than keep his position and squeeze the runner. and he shot right thru that vacancy for a big run. He's a push for me this game. Some good, some not so good. About like normal

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts