Game 1 - Bears - Studs and Duds

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? The only penalty JA had was a 5-yard Illegal Contact penalty. He was definitely not a dud in any way.
I'm sorry, there was multiple issues in more than the first quarter where he reached "Dud" in my eyes. JA may have looked different in your opinion, but that's only a difference in opinion, if you feel differently, that's cool. I saw it differently, I saw offsetting penalties, a defensive hold, and many more instances of him trying to "act up". Thing is, it was just early on that it looked that way, he cleared it all up afterwards. Honestly, there were almost zero "Duds" in my eyes.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't have a third one honestly.
Dud: Myers was getting blown up on running plays from the first snap. There is a reason the Packers don't run up the middle very often.

STUD: Chicago post game analysis was like shell shocked. They just couldn't believe how bad and inept the team looked in the 2nd half. A lot of criticism for the GM stating the rebuild is only 75% complete. Talking heads say it sent a bad message to the team.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, there was multiple issues in more than the first quarter where he reached "Dud" in my eyes. JA may have looked different in your opinion, but that's only a difference in opinion, if you feel differently, that's cool. I saw it differently, I saw offsetting penalties, a defensive hold, and many more instances of him trying to "act up". Thing is, it was just early on that it looked that way, he cleared it all up afterwards. Honestly, there were almost zero "Duds" in my eyes.
That's fine. Your opinion and all, but he didn't commit any personal fouls, yet you say he did for some reason.

Reaction score
-Across 10 drives the Packers started 9 of them from their 25 yard line or beyond

-The average starting field position was
our 32 yard line.

We started in Chicago territory 3X including the closing onside kick (Bears 40,43,44)
Started at Packers 25,25,31,44,25,39,7
With ZERO holding penalties on ST

Stud: Master Sargent Rich Bisaccia

Dud: Tonyan stopping Reed in Chicago territory

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Myers was getting blown up on running plays from the first snap. There is a reason the Packers don't run up the middle very often.

STUD: Chicago post game analysis was like shell shocked. They just couldn't believe how bad and inept the team looked in the 2nd half. A lot of criticism for the GM stating the rebuild is only 75% complete. Talking heads say it sent a bad message to the team.

Don't disagree with the Myers thoughts, he did better than I thought he would, but then again I had low expectations so maybe he was what I figured.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan Love - In a game where the weight of the world was on his shoulders...pressure beyond what most will ever know - dude was chill and smart almost throughout
Hopefully if there's one thing Love picked up from watching Rodgers, was how to avoid the INT. Maybe not to the same obsessive extent, like not throwing to receivers he doesn't trust, but nobody likes turnovers.

Reaction score
When my Lions whooped on the Bears last year at Ford Field, the Bears lost their spark in the 3rd quarter. They basically let us do whatever they wanted from that point. Eberflus was not a guy that they'd run through a wall for, but that's ok. Their season was lost and maybe Eberflus is just not a rah-rah guy but still can win in the right situation.

But this game yesterday... it looked the same to me. Same old Bears, lol. Quay on that pick-6 ran through a lot of guys making business decisions in week 1???

I'm just as eager to know what GB has in Love as y'all are. But I think if Jamarcus Russell was taking snaps, the result would've been the same. Fields cannot read coverage, he is not an NFL QB and it looks like he never will be. I saw no flaws in Love's game, but saw nothing special because the Bears did not force him to be special. I will be watching the Atlanta game under a microscope.

Good win fellas, enjoy 1st place.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw no flaws in Love's game, but saw nothing special because the Bears did not force him to be special.
His second TD to Doubs was something special. It was perfectly thrown in both placement and timing and it was a throw 90% of QBs don't dare try. If Rodgers threw that people would be gushing over it. But for some reason, it almost seems downplayed with Love throwing it. Almost as if the sentiment is, well, the last guy threw those so we expect the same from you.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His second TD to Doubs was something special. It was perfectly thrown in both placement and timing and it was a throw 90% of QBs don't dare try. If Rodgers threw that people would be gushing over it. But for some reason, it almost seems downplayed with Love throwing it. Almost as if the sentiment is, well, the last guy threw those so we expect the same from you.

I've seen and heard nothing but praise for Love and that is one of the primary passes they pinpoint of the whole game.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That pass and catch reminded me of Rodgers and Adams.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game overall. Love played very well except for his overthrowing his receivers twice. But I think that will come in time. Practice, practice, practice.

I am hopeful that the defense has turned a corner and will be much more consistent than last year. I thought that they were agressive and for the most part I thought they did well. Except there were several times when they had trouble keeping Fields contained.

It's hard to know how things will go. Although we played well IMO. Did we just play that well or are the Bears still a mess?

Time will tell.

Now on to Atlanta.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one good thing is Barry was more like the second half of last season in how he had the secondary play....if we've truly witnessed him change some, that is incredible news.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: 31 pts on offense, without their top wr.
7 pts scored on defense, lots of pressure..all while using their best pass rusher sparingly.
Excellent special teams!

Dud: Allowing 20 pts to the worst team in the NFL
The last 6 was garbage time. They could have chosen to put more heat on but were trying use clock. If we had cleaned up the personal fouls and other penalties for 80 yards I doubt the Bears have 20.

Reaction score
I am hopeful that the defense has turned a corner and will be much more consistent than last year. I thought that they were agressive and for the most part I thought they did well. Except there were several times when they had trouble keeping Fields contained.
Yeah. The best thing to do is mitigate his impact and we did that by bringing a Safety up regularly. Savage was often seen around LOS and I think Fields was the reason why.
Love does need to learn to throw the ball away and not take a sack.
Amen to that. In particular in Down and Distance. When we’re near their 30 yard line he just can’t take a sack as that can negate points there. Give it 2-3 reads and throw it to your Momma in the stands

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe @Cornelius Weems was watching another game on rerun?
To be fair… Greg Olson tried to Blame JA for the penalty on the opening kickoff because the official pointed at the Packers direction and called the Penalty on number 23. The penalty was actually on the Bears’ number 23 and Alexander was (of course) not even on the field.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offsetting penalty was not on JA… he drew the penalty on Moore, but the offsetting penalty against Packers was against a different Packer player entirely. (I can’t recall who… but I’lll try and go find it and report back).

Edit… Ok I went back and watched the whole play. The penalty on the Packers was against number 93 Tj Slaton. His transgressions occurred in the scrum out of bounds. JA was not penalized.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts