Studs and dud bears official

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to take a mea culpa on Allison. I've been very critical of his perceived lack of athleticism and skeptical of whether he's really a good player. Not only did he make a great play on that TD catch, but he had a huge catch on 3rd & 14 to convert for a 1st down. Surprisingly, I read that advanced metrics tracked his speed on the long touchdown and it was the fastest that any Packer was measured during the entire game (19 point some off MPH). It would seem in his case that his combine measurables were not a good indicator of what he's capable of.
Thought it was funny he was running ahead of CB Marcus Cooper who ran a 4.45 40 while Geronimo ran a 4.67. If you are saying he was clocked at 19 mph, that translates to a 4.306 40. Of course that doesnt account for initial acceleration, but still seems fast.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never had a problem with Allison's speed, hands or routes. I questioned whether he has the toughness to run inside routes. I believe that's still an open question.
The short inside routes are not his forte. We should be calling plays to a player's strengths. It has nothing to do with toughness.

H

HardRightEdge

The short inside routes are not his forte. We should be calling plays to a player's strengths. It has nothing to do with toughness.
Short inside and intermediate inside. If a player does not run the full route tree defenders will know and and cheat to the player's strength. Then it might not be a strength anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just not short crossing over the middle. A bit deeper than the linebackers and posts. But not underneath the linebackers. imho The DBs still have to respect the post.