Snacks Harrison claimed by the Packers

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing a veteran shows zero faith either direction on what Slaton could and May become. He is a rookie, raw with immense talent.
On the contrary, it may just give them the comfort, that we aren't throwing them off the deep end. And they can expect a smoother settling in time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys I’m for getting a veteran, folks expecting too much from a raw talented rookie

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d love a good playing veteran, I don’t think snacks is it at this point

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am for, no matter the position, getting a better player than the player who is currently doing the playing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
After reading this article about the Saints offense VS the Panthers today. I can't help but wonder just how long Joe Barry will last as DC. Granted, the Panthers may have better guys up front on defense, but the Packer defense made Winston and the Saints appear to be pretty decent. I won't even mention how many points Sam Darnold and the Carolina offense scored on a Saints defense that held the Pack to 3 points.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe Snacks is looking for too much money, but there is also probably a reason why the guy isn't on a 53 man roster. That reason is why the Seahawks and Packers didn't keep him around too long, he isn't as good as he once was. Big man, will be 33 in November, I doubt he has much left in his tank and I would rather see the snaps go to Slaton or Keke.

I agree that Slaton should receive snaps over Snacks but Keke isn't capable of filling thst role.

Lancaster or him? HIM.

Lancaster plays a different position than Snacks though.

They should probably hire one guy to just do in depth research on everybody on any Practice Squad.

The Packers definitely have several guys doing just that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They should probably hire one guy to just do in depth research on everybody on any Practice Squad.
I would think one of these people have that in their job duties (https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/):

Football Operations​

Coaching Staff​

Player Personnel​

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would think one of these people have that in their job duties (https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/):

Football Operations​

Coaching Staff​

Player Personnel​

Great now some smart*** is going to create a "Fire __________" for each of those names.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Football Operations​

Coaching Staff​

Player Personnel​

Yeah, maybe it's the two dieticians. One for the NFC and one for the AFC

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like many have said, I highly doubt Snacks is close to what Slaton is now....and if he is it's only for probably 20 snaps a game at best.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to stop bringing in people with names like "Snacks" and "Taco." I want players with names like "Bruiser" or "Bonecrusher."

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers need to stop bringing in people with names like "Snacks" and "Taco." I want players with names like "Bruiser" or "Bonecrusher."

You wouldn't like them though, most of them have long hairs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jack Heflin wasn't even active last night. I would rather see what the other rookie has before calling an over-the-hill has-been that never really was in Snacks Harrison. What did he even do while on our roster in 2020? Nothing as I recall, but maybe somebody will point out a play or two where he did something.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jack Heflin wasn't even active last night. I would rather see what the other rookie has before calling an over-the-hill has-been that never really was in Snacks Harrison. What did he even do while on our roster in 2020? Nothing as I recall, but maybe somebody will point out a play or two where he did something.

I'm not in favor of bringing Harrison back either at this point in his career but you're fooling yourself if you don't believe he was a great run defender for most of his career.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not in favor of bringing Harrison back either at this point in his career but you're fooling yourself if you don't believe he was a great run defender for most of his career.
I dispute calling him a great run defender for most of his career. He had a real good stretch for a few years when he went from the Jets to the Giants (2013-16), but a great run defender for most of his career he was not - great for 3 season, good for the season or two on each side of that window. He is a great inspirational story though. I agree with you that we shouldn't bring him back.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Snacks from 2012 to 2020 produced gradings (per PFF) of:

2012 - 66.0
2013 - 90.8
2014 - 79.1
2015 - 90.1
2016 - 90.1
2017 - 90.9
2018 - 92.0
2019 - 63.2
2020 - 66.9

Dude for his job was a STUD. There is zero other way to slice it. 6 straight years he was operating well above the average of all interior DL, and very few in his role were better.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR 90s+ that many straight years, really rare class of guys have done it - Aaron Donald is best one to come to mind. Kenny Clarks years' have been 67.3, 87.3, 90.2, 79.9, 73.8

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kenny Clarks years' have been 67.3, 87.3, 90.2, 79.9, 73.8

You know how I feel about Kenny ;)

No doubt Snacks was an above average player in his hay day, but so were a lot of guys that are now his age (33 in Nov.) and out of the league. Seems like some of those big interior guys just don't make it that long.

I am glad the Packers had Taco Charlton in for a tryout, could have been a decent signing, but either they didn't offer or he liked the Steelers offer better.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know how I feel about Kenny ;)

No doubt Snacks was an above average player in his hay day, but so were a lot of guys that are now his age (33 in Nov.) and out of the league. Seems like some of those big interior guys just don't make it that long.

I am glad the Packers had Taco Charlton in for a tryout, could have been a decent signing, but either they didn't offer or he liked the Steelers offer better.

Honestly, I'd love to see Gute work his trading magic before deadline. I don't care if it takes a 4th or a 5th as Linsley is going to get us one or the other back in compensatory for sure. Get us some decent iDL help - we need that help, and our OLBs will benefit from it too!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd love to see Gute work his trading magic before deadline. I don't care if it takes a 4th or a 5th as Linsley is going to get us one or the other back in compensatory for sure. Get us some decent iDL help - we need that help, and our OLBs will benefit from it too!
Agreed. They really should have addressed the DL in Free Agency or with higher draft picks the last 2 years. I watch other teams getting QB pressure with 3 or 4 guys up front. The Packers can't seem to do that. Blitzing is definitely an option, but the good QB/OC's are going to really exploit that and have a field day hitting quick routes.

Members online

Latest posts