Snacks Harrison claimed by the Packers

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and yes. He wants to be here:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The packers have claimed Damon snacks Harrison, off waivers after he requested to be let go by Hawks. This is awesome, not only we stop a contender from getting him, he’s a legit run stuffer, he can help this resurgent defense as well

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's motivated to play, this could be a nice boon heading into the post season. If not, not much risk at this point.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope Snacks shows up in shape and ready to stuff the run. Great low risk, high reward (possibly) move.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Merged 2 threads. [/moderating]

Hope at minimum Howard Green level of contributions. Forced a pick 6 in the Super Bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They must of felt he wants to play and will fit into the locker room. Could turn into a great pickup or a nothing burger.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the pickup it could really be a great move if he can still be a dominate force against the run and if not it doesn't cost us much

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a post or article he wanted to be with family because of covid? Has kids with his wife and it was about that?

At work and internet is spotty, have to look later

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can replace Lancaster’s snaps at probably a better level and allow Kenny Clark to move around a little.

Will be really nice to have for the playoff stretch.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, of 64 interior defensive linemen to play at least 200 run-defending snaps, Harrison finished ninth in ProFootballFocus.com’s run-stop percentage, a metric that essentially measures impact tackles. He ranked No. 1 in five consecutive seasons from 2014 through 2018

I legit LOVE what this allows us to do with Kenny, if this gives Kenny more freedom and at times a little fresher dear LORD watch out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I saw a post or article he wanted to be with family because of covid? Has kids with his wife and it was about that?

At work and internet is spotty, have to look later
I read the same or a similar article. It actually made me feel better about Snacks as a person. He has like 7 kids and has always been a community guy and well liked. Glad I saw the article, made me feel better about his motivations for playing or not playing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm guessing Gute did not want him playing for any other NFC team

You do realize that the Packers were the last NFC team to have a shot at him on the Waiver wire right? Which means, every other NFC team passed on putting a Waiver claim in for him.

Shouldn't you be preparing for the Bears game anyway? ;)

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Very excited about this for two reasons. 1- Dude can still stuff the run effectively. Basically useless against the pass, but he is solid for 25 snaps a game. Him, Clark and Keke are an epic 3 man front. 2- He has some insight to Seattle, whom the packers may see in Lambeau during playoffs.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very excited about this for two reasons. 1- Dude can still stuff the run effectively. Basically useless against the pass, but he is solid for 25 snaps a game. Him, Clark and Keke are an epic 3 man front. 2- He has some insight to Seattle, whom the packers may see in Lambeau during playoffs.
I see Keke DNP due to a concussion so...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
2- He has some insight to Seattle, whom the packers may see in Lambeau during playoffs.
I saw a lot of comments online from whinny Seahawk fans pointing this out as well as some saying "Snacks quit and the Seahawks didn't want him around anymore so they cut him". The funniest one was "Snacks said he wouldn't play again, yet he allows himself to be picked up off waivers by the Packers." Correct me if I am wrong, but Snacks asked to be released and stood by that even after Pete Carroll tried to convince him to reconsider. The waiver process is an NFL thing, not Snacks calling the shots on how its done.

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the Seahawks, maybe Pete should as for an instant replay on this one?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that the Packers were the last NFC team to have a shot at him on the Waiver wire right? Which means, every other NFC team passed on putting a Waiver claim in for him.

Shouldn't you be preparing for the Bears game anyway? ;)
working on it,,,,have to go to our Sports bar today to see what the seating/eating arrangements are as the game is not televised here. It's take out in this effed up state, unless you know the health Inspector. Otherwise, I'll watch it on my computer

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a lot of comments online from whinny Seahawk fans pointing this out as well as some saying "Snacks quit and the Seahawks didn't want him around anymore so they cut him". The funniest one was "Snacks said he wouldn't play again, yet he allows himself to be picked up off waivers by the Packers." Correct me if I am wrong, but Snacks asked to be released and stood by that even after Pete Carroll tried to convince him to reconsider. The waiver process is an NFL thing, not Snacks calling the shots on how its done.

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the Seahawks, maybe Pete should as for an instant replay on this one?

According to Pete, Snacks told him he was done playing football. Wanted to quit.

So, if one of the GB players pulled that, we’d probably be a little ticked. I don’t care though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't he let it be known that he'd only play for a select few teams? Thus not everyone even bothered if they weren't on his approved list. Sort of how Rison fell to the Packers in '96.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
working on it,,,,have to go to our Sports bar today to see what the seating/eating arrangements are as the game is not televised here. It's take out in this effed up state, unless you know the health Inspector. Otherwise, I'll watch it on my computer
Remember this crap next time you pull the voting lever. And remind your friends, neighbors, and workmates also.