Snacks Harrison claimed by the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Didn't he let it be known that he'd only play for a select few teams? Thus not everyone even bothered if they weren't on his approved list. Sort of how Rison fell to the Packers in '96.

Not really 100% sure what he said VS what others said he said. This seems to be the case with a lot of things when it comes to the internet and media. I think one has to do a lot of "reading between the lines" to figure it all out and even then, who knows right?

Bottom line, if he wants to still play, he will show up in Green Bay soon and start prepping for the first playoff game as a Packer. If he decides he doesn't want to play, not much lost by claiming him. Not sure of how long the Packers have the rights to him due to that claim, but I imagine its for awhile.

If I was to guess what happened in the last week:
  • The return of Bryan Mone from the Seahawks IR, pushed Snacks down the depth chart and on to the inactive list for the Rams game.
  • Snacks came to Seattle to play Football and finally see what the Playoffs were all about, he didn't want to do that sitting on the inactive list.
  • Snacks asked for his release, but didn't want to make waves in Seattle. Wished his teammates and fans all the best. Wasn't sure of his future plans, but didn't want to stand in the way of a younger guy playing. Did he say "I don't want to play football?" or did he tell Pete Carroll that "he was done playing football for the Seahawks"? If he told people that, maybe he is done and we never see him in GB.

The more I have read about Snacks, the more I like about him. At first this looked kind of like a **** move on his part and he wanted to force his way out of Seattle. I think it was just a guy that said "Hey, I wanna play football, which is what you told me I would be doing when I came here in Oct. if you don't need me, release me and let me decide my fate." Kudos to Pete, he didn't have to release him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How does voting effect what games are broadcast in certain areas of the country?
It affects the availability and capacity of his chosen sports bars. Some political leaders are letting their citizens make their own safety and health decisions with guidance while others are making many of the choices for them with no recourse to legally object.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Some political leaders are letting their citizens make their own safety and health decisions with guidance while others are making many of the choices for them with no recourse to legally object.

Ahhh, I see and how is THAT working out in those States?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember this crap next time you pull the voting lever. And remind your friends, neighbors, and workmates also.

It affects the availability and capacity of his chosen sports bars. Some political leaders are letting their citizens make their own safety and health decisions with guidance while others are making many of the choices for them with no recourse to legally object.

Lets assume you want to watch the Vikings/Lions game. What are you going to do?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Infections trending down for the last month for the most part. Total infections 6-10% of population, Deaths around 1% of those infected. Infection rates 10-20% higher than total lockdown areas, but those areas recently or haven't quite peaked yet for this latest wave.

Lets assume you want to watch the Vikings/Lions game. What are you going to do?
Personally Sunday ticket. Otherwise B-dub or some other bar. Since I don't care to search it out, I haven't researched all my options.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Infections trending down for the last month for the most part. Total infections 6-10% of population, Deaths around 1% of those infected. Infection rates 10-20% higher than total lockdown areas, but those areas recently or haven't quite peaked yet for this latest wave.

Trending down for the last month? What month did you read that and what State? Huh?

Coronavirus Update: Maps And Charts For U.S. Cases And Deaths : Shots - Health News : NPR

Since this could be a very long discussion and probably not one for this thread, people should look at their own States Restrictions. Also important, one should study the last 9 or so months as to the evolution of each States restrictions and the corresponding results from such changes. Making note of why things changed, who was involved in the changes etc. After that, there is a nice article that talks about the results of certain States, ones with and some without many restrictions. I'm sure various people will assume its all fake news and incorrect stats and continue to thumb their noses at this. Be that as it may, if you have been paying attention, those who do very little in the way of Restrictions and hope to rely on the "good judgement and common sense" of the people around them, aren't really having a lot of good luck with that.

BE safe....Back to Football.

State by State Coronavirus-Related Restrictions (aarp.org)

States With Few Coronavirus Restrictions Are Spreading the Virus Beyond Their Borders — ProPublica

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really a whole lot different than in states that have cinched their fingers around the throats of citizens all year like MI, CA, MN, IL, NY. It’s kind of funny that WI was the whipping post of the national media.

The states where they really have rules for you and me and not for thee.

read past policy statements and propagandized “media”

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is in Green Bay. LaFleur says he will practice today, might play Sunday.

I really hope he does. DT, is probably the only position on defense where you can literally play for anyone on any given day. It's just a matter of knowing stunt/alignment calls mostly. Snacks could have learned all that on the plane. Serving mostly as a NT, that stuff doesn't really change from scheme to scheme.

Plus I'd love to see Clark/Gary pancake Trubisky at least 4 times.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he gets a sack or a big time TFL...I would love to see a gravedigger. Nod to Gilbert Brown would send chills down my spine LET'S GO!!
One of the best moves of all times!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little of that dreaded T word going on, not that it will likely ever come to light or even be a big deal.

My guess is Snacks knew exactly what he was doing, and it's possible Green Bay did as well. He was pretty cryptic and non-committal about what was next for him -- he obviously can't specify that he wants to go to another team. But he was always between us and Seattle, he chose Seattle, and I would guess that for whatever reason (lack of opportunity in Seattle?) he changed his mind and wanted to come here. There's really no other logical explanation; obviously he didn't intend to just go home after being cut.

The "I'm not doing the waiver thing" seems in retrospect like a warning to any other team that might claim him that he wouldn't come, expect for Green Bay, who he was on the same page with.

That's pretty much my theory. Doesn't bother me as a Packer fan, but I'd be a little annoyed if I was a Seahawks fan.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From diff articles, it appears he wasn’t getting enough playing time and went to coach. Asked to be released if the time didn’t improve.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers claiming Snacks is a low risk move which might result in an improved run defense in the playoffs. In my opinion there's no reason to not like the move. Let's see if he's in shape on Sunday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 13 vs the jets he has 6 asst tackles and one forced fumble

Sounds like he is ready to go!! Ty Seattle for the Xmas gift

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers claiming Snacks is a low risk move which might result in an improved run defense in the playoffs. In my opinion there's no reason to not like the move. Let's see if he's in shape on Sunday.

As LTF just stated, his last game against the Jets might have been his best one. It sounds like he had to get back into playing shape when he arrived in Seattle in early Oct. but he was finally there. I can imagine how disappointing it was for him to put in all the work and then being informed he was inactive for a game.

D

Deleted member 6794

As LTF just stated, his last game against the Jets might have been his best one. It sounds like he had to get back into playing shape when he arrived in Seattle in early Oct. but he was finally there. I can imagine how disappointing it was for him to put in all the work and then being informed he was inactive for a game.

Just for the record, Snacks played 30 snaps vs. Washington after the Jets game as well. It seems he's in game shape taking a look at those numbers though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected more snaps but I'll take his 12 against the Bears as a "priming the pump" for the playoff push.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I expected more snaps but I'll take his 12 against the Bears as a "priming the pump" for the playoff push.

I hope I am wrong, but I watched him on a few snaps, meh. Wasn't that impressed, he seemed to get pushed right out of the way on those couple of plays. Still early and time for him to fit in better or maybe I just saw things incorrectly and he was a stud?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts