Panthers studs n duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Wagner play RT on Saturday? Can Runyan play G?
Yes he did. Problem being that is really Turner's best position. Good backup though. Runyan had been playing L guard and looked good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I believe Jenkins was a center in college and a lot of scouts said that was his position.

Yup and Jenkins is probably going to be the Packers best choice at any OL position other than LT if Bahk is healthy. The good news for the Packers is that they have had enough shuffling on that OL this season due to injuries to know what works and what doesn't. Patrick had a bad game against the Panthers but so did Bahk and a few others. I actually really like our OL and its depth this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary and Keke
I think Gary could play there. He does sometimes, doesn't he? But he is going to be a lot more valuable in the future when he gets an inside move and a spin move at DE/OL. I still cannot get into calling a player like him an outside linebacker. Though he may actually be able to play a "real" outside linebacker (like in a 4-3) with his speed and quickness. But I may be mixing him up with the 2nd coming.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have watched a few Bear games this year and have really been paying attention to Akiem Hicks and his role in their DL. They are a completely different defense when he is in the game. He went down with a hamstring injury in the second half of the November game against the Vikings and the Bears defense suddenly became soft. He also didn't play against the Packers the following week. I know everyone likes Kenny Clark, as do I, but he has crap playing next to him. I envision lining up a guy like Hicks up next to him and I think our defense vastly improves. Hell, even our ILB's might start looking better.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have watched a few Bear games this year and have really been paying attention to Akiem Hicks and his role in their DL. They are a completely different defense when he is in the game. He went down with a hamstring injury in the second half of the November game against the Vikings and the Bears defense suddenly became soft. He also didn't play against the Packers the following week. I know everyone likes Kenny Clark, as do I, but he has crap playing next to him. I envision lining up a guy like Hicks up next to him and I think our defense vastly improves. Hell, even our ILB's might start looking better.
Hicks is a handful and I think he is the heart of that Def.

That game will be hard..wont be a cake walk

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hicks would be very welcomed on this team by me that's for sure. Or someone like him :)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean idk what to say outside out Jones balling out. Even if they get the #1 seed I’m still not convinced this is a SB team. In fact I don’t think home field would even matter. They better get this one half of football crap out their system.

Home field absolutely matters until it doesn't, I was at the 2011 game against the Giants...man was that terrible

But in all seriousness if Rodgers says it matters to him, then it matters on some level...and they are definitely talented enough to win in the playoffs and sb

Members online