Panthers studs n duds

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win is a win, but that was an underwhelming performance. Aaron Jones was a clear stud. I thought the defense played well overall too. But otherwise, it was a sloppy game. Dropped passes, too many penalties, too many sacks, not something we'd get away with against a better team.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Adrian Amos
Kris Bynes
Darnell Savage
Aaron Jones
Mason Crosby

Duds-
Christian Kirksey (living here)
Oline

Improvement from past games-
JK Scott
KO and P coverage

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ill say it tonight for the 4th time or more play like this in the playoffs like you did against a 4-10 team and it will be 1 and done, and well deserved

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was the definition of meh.

Huge 2019 vibes. Next week will say a lot, but if we land the 1 seed, I think we can do it this year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Our RBs
Robert Tonyan
Chris Barnes
Defense in general did pretty good aside from a few plays. And hell they probably actually were more the reason we won because of the fumble recovery play at the goal line.

Not stud or dud but a whew - special teams. Finally no big returns given up, just a very close play on that nearly blocked punt.

Super duds: Rodgers
Offensive line
Every receiver not named Adams or Tonyan

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean idk what to say outside out Jones balling out. Even if they get the #1 seed I’m still not convinced this is a SB team. In fact I don’t think home field would even matter. They better get this one half of football crap out their system.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A Jones, A Amos, K Barnes

Dud: L Patrick

Patrick seems much more comfortable on the right side than the left. I don't know enough about technique in OL play (despite the snarky username) to know if that's atypical for guards. Obviously I know it's true at tackle.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-
Jones
Amos
Barnes
O line - run blocking

Duds-
Rodgers - he looked pissed off the whole second half to the point it affected his play.

O line - pass blocking
King

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk man. I just don’t see it. It’s not like they are crushing everyone at home.
The offense has been nice against some good defenses this year.

Also, this was 1 of 3 times this year where the offense didn't deliver (Bucs game, 2nd half Colts, 2nd half Panthers)

Consistency is important in my book. If they get a bye, they will come to play.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: Amos, Jones, Barnes, Z?
duds: LaFleur, Rodgers, O-line.

They play like this again next week against Henry and not only will we be embarrassed, we'll also lose home-field advantage. Rodgers needed to elevate his play today to blow them out, couldn't do it. Either they were better than advertised, or the team just stunk it up.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones
Amos
Crosby for bailing out Rodgers after the sack
Where the hell was Rodgers tonight, anyway?
Duds:
Rodgers
O line
Special teams is just a constant on the Duds list

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Panthers were on to the offense's tendencies in the RPO game. Rodgers needed to hand it off more frequently, but he kept pulling and throwing, and played into their hands.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D really looked good out there when Barnes and Martin were in together. Barnes must have gotten hurt...huh?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
studs: Amos, Jones, Barnes, Z?
duds: LaFleur, Rodgers, O-line.

They play like this again next week against Henry and not only will we be embarrassed, we'll also lose home-field advantage. Rodgers needed to elevate his play today to blow them out, couldn't do it. Either they were better than advertised, or the team just stunk it up.

The Panthers' average scoring margin is -1.9. They haven't been winning very often in 2020, but they've been competitive in most games.

They lost to the Chiefs by 2, the Saints by 3, and the Vikings by 1.

Packers were favored by like 8.5 and they won by 8-- this was basically a chalk result.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Next week this D will face the Titans and their freight train of a running back, this will be a test of how soft the Dbacks will play, and if the offense can’t put up a lot of pts this game will get more than ugly for the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs:
  • Barnes: For the strip of the ball on Bridgewater at the Goal Line.
  • Crosby: Money in the bank on a 51 yarder.

Without those 2 plays, might have been a loss.

Duds:
  • Pretty much the entire receiving corp. for being less than average.
  • Tackling again.
  • Enthusiasm in the second half for offense, non-existent.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O line just started caving. I wonder if they have a hard time with a great big man in the middle. I also wonder if Turner should be playing R tackle.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The O line just started caving. I wonder if they have a hard time with a great big man in the middle. I also wonder if Turner should be playing R tackle.
So all year 15 (or what ever ) sacks? With 5 tonight..Now we want to juggle them ?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A Jones, A Amos, K Barnes

Dud: L Patrick

Patrick seems much more comfortable on the right side than the left. I don't know enough about technique in OL play (despite the snarky username) to know if that's atypical for guards. Obviously I know it's true at tackle.

Yes, Patrick was terrible tonight, especially in the second half. When your OL has a hole like that it is damn difficult to run your offense.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So all year 15 (or what ever ) sacks? With 5 tonight..Now we want to juggle them ?
We had several games with Turner at R tackle and he did really well. I liked that combo. But you are right that they have been good all year with whatever players. And I thought Patrick played very well at R guard also.

Members online

Latest posts