Panthers studs n duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones
Amos
Crosby for bailing out Rodgers after the sack
Where the hell was Rodgers tonight, anyway?
Duds:
Rodgers
O line
Special teams is just a constant on the Duds list

Running for his life in the second half.

Why did Dillon only get one stinkin' carry?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We had several games with Turner at R tackle and he did really well. I liked that combo. But you are right that they have been good all year with whatever players.
My point was mostly this isn’t norm this was them coasting

Matt said at half time they need to keep it up ( not word for word but he wanted to keep up the pressure )

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was mostly this isn’t norm this was them coasting

Matt said at half time they need to keep it up ( not word for word but he wanted to keep up the pressure )
I saw it more as intensity from Carolina. They just got beat. You believe they are going to coast with their QB back there? That just happens sometimes when momentum swings. I still like Turner at R tackle.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw it more as intensity from Carolina. They just got beat. You believe they are going to coast with their QB back there? That just happens sometimes when momentum swings. I still like Turner at R tackle.
Intensity panthers

coasting packers

same thing

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bill Michaels big unit

The Green Bay Packers get the win but here are some of my thoughts;
* The offensive line, not a stellar moment.
* The D played well. Gave up a total of 115 yards rushing. Only 1 score via Bridgewater
* With the 91.6 QB rating, the 2nd worst of the season for Rodgers. He was sacked 5 times and pressured 7. The O line lost in the trenches.
* JK Scott is so inconsistent.
* Is there a returner on this team? Are they allowed to return the ball?
* Williams injured and didn't return.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitiful pass protection in the 2nd half.

Amos was MVP.

Special teams narrowly avoided another blocked punt.

Get a new punter already.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’ve had some stinky second halves, I wonder if LaFleur’s inexperience has a little to do with that and not responding well to second half adjustments by opposing teams

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A Jones, A Amos, K Barnes

Dud: L Patrick

Patrick seems much more comfortable on the right side than the left. I don't know enough about technique in OL play (despite the snarky username) to know if that's atypical for guards. Obviously I know it's true at tackle.
I‘m with you. Patrick was so bad I was calling for Runyon.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: Amos, Jones, Barnes, Z?
duds: LaFleur, Rodgers, O-line.

They play like this again next week against Henry and not only will we be embarrassed, we'll also lose home-field advantage. Rodgers needed to elevate his play today to blow them out, couldn't do it. Either they were better than advertised, or the team just stunk it up.
I fully expect Henry to run wild on us and have this game chalked up as a loss already, but this is not going to cost us HFA. You do know if the Saints lose to the Chiefs today, which I fully expect, all we need to do is beat the Bears to clinch the #1 seed.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect Henry to run wild on us and have this game chalked up as a loss already, but this is not going to cost us HFA. You do know if the Saints lose to the Chiefs today, which I fully expect, all we need to do is beat the Bears to clinch the #1 seed.

I don't know about that. We'd likely be back into a three-way tie with the Saints iandeither the Rams or Seahawks, and the tiebreakers could cost us.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill say it tonight for the 4th time or more play like this in the playoffs like you did against a 4-10 team and it will be 1 and done, and well deserved

Team got too conservative with the lead, if a defense loads the box and starts squatting on the run and short routes while bringing pressure start hucking 3 step and pop loft passes deep down the sidelines, that will back them off. They forced Rodgers to basically hold the ball which in turn led to sacks and lots of them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense didn't execute jack in the 2nd half. Same as TB. They ran OK, but not well enough. The quick passes were sat on and when they did have something set up they missed a block. there was a nice close up of Rodgers and explicative, explicative Bobby after missing a block and I think Lazard only went for 2-3 instead of 8-10 or more. And we couldn't really go deeper because the oline was atrocious by that time. All of them.

If a defense is putting that much pressure on in terms of crowding the underneath and getting to the QB the only way to stop them is to break it by perfect execution. We didn't, they did. You only have to hit 2-3 of those plays and it's likely you get points because you just busted a big play if not a TD when you do. But you MUST hit them. We didn't do jack squat to get them out of it.

There should have been a 15 yard penalty on one of those sacks that could have helped get something going. But Carolina was desperate. They knew they couldn't just play regular defense or they'd get destroyed, like they had been. They stayed close and aggressive as that was their best chance to get back in the game and all we had to do was hit a couple plays and the game would have been blown wide open and we'd have seen Boyle for the 4th quarter. Our offense failed.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had several games with Turner at R tackle and he did really well. I liked that combo. But you are right that they have been good all year with whatever players. And I thought Patrick played very well at R guard also.

Patrick had problems at LG last night. We need to get Linsley back at center and Jenkins back at LG for the playoffs.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense didn't execute jack in the 2nd half. Same as TB. They ran OK, but not well enough. The quick passes were sat on and when they did have something set up they missed a block. there was a nice close up of Rodgers and explicative, explicative Bobby after missing a block and I think Lazard only went for 2-3 instead of 8-10 or more. And we couldn't really go deeper because the oline was atrocious by that time. All of them.

If a defense is putting that much pressure on in terms of crowding the underneath and getting to the QB the only way to stop them is to break it by perfect execution. We didn't, they did. You only have to hit 2-3 of those plays and it's likely you get points because you just busted a big play if not a TD when you do. But you MUST hit them. We didn't do jack squat to get them out of it.

There should have been a 15 yard penalty on one of those sacks that could have helped get something going. But Carolina was desperate. They knew they couldn't just play regular defense or they'd get destroyed, like they had been. They stayed close and aggressive as that was their best chance to get back in the game and all we had to do was hit a couple plays and the game would have been blown wide open and we'd have seen Boyle for the 4th quarter. Our offense failed.

There was one play in the second half that I thought deserved a flag. It was a late tackle on Rodgers at the Panthers' sideline. Aaron landed awkwardly and I'm glad he didn't get hurt.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Defenses playing close and aggressive is what we are going to see from here on unless we start beating it. If LaFleur doesn’t figure it out, we’ll lose the last three.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was one play in the second half that I thought deserved a flag. It was a late tackle on Rodgers at the Panthers' sideline. Aaron landed awkwardly and I'm glad he didn't get hurt.
I was talking about one of the sacks. they guy put his hand right under Patricks chin and snapped his head back all the way to the QB. He was having enough trouble in the 2nd half, but if you're going to allow that it's not hard to beat anybody on the offensive line doing that. There's a reason it's illegal.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about that. We'd likely be back into a three-way tie with the Saints iandeither the Rams or Seahawks, and the tiebreakers could cost us.

I just don't see the Seahawks getting in.
I was talking about one of the sacks. they guy put his hand right under Patricks chin and snapped his head back all the way to the QB. He was having enough trouble in the 2nd half, but if you're going to allow that it's not hard to beat anybody on the offensive line doing that. There's a reason it's illegal.

Oh man, I missed that one. :tdown:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defenses playing close and aggressive is what we are going to see from here on unless we start beating it. If LaFleur doesn’t figure it out, we’ll lose the last three.
I thought we'd see it after the Tampa game. Good news is, most defense can't play that that well and our oline is usually a bit better. Teams don't generally want to start that way, because if we do beat it, it's usually not just first downs, it's huge chunks and easy scores. But if I had a good defense, I'd start that way against them. They can move the ball with ease against traditional defenses it seems. Put the pressure on early and completely take them out of their game, until they prove they can play that game too.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention Z Smith gets held often and no calls.