Panthers studs n duds

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Jones - he had good burst and was very productive. He looked tentative in the 2nd half due to rotten play calling.

Kris Barnes - caused a turnover and played generally well in the middle.

Amos - had several good to great pass defenses. This game couldve been uglier without him

Kenny Clark - he was getting good push in the later part of the game, good to see.

Savage - again seems to be slowly working his way to being solid.

CROSBY - major stud, the old man is 16/16 this year. His fg was so clutch.

Duds:

Matt Lafleur - the play calling on offense in the 2nd half flat out sucked. I thought the hamburglar was back calling shotgun on 3rd and 1 with Dillon sitting on the bench.

Lancaster and Lowry - these 2 are killing this defense. Lancaster has no ball or play awareness. Lowry just flat out gets punked every week on single teams - Every lineman in the NFL has owned both of em. Get them out of the base and rotate them fresh for passing downs.

Lucas Patrick - no excuses, I though it was Newhouse out there. Turnstile. Needs to stay at RG. MLF didn't adjust and try Runyan.

Rodgers - I'm sorry but the pouting was obvious and it effected the offense. Step up man up and lead. The Lazard drop was bad and yeah Patrick was a lazy susan, but Aaron makes this team go and he needs to pump them up when things get shaky. When Lafleur starts to call that garbage, audible out of it immediately - AR has the power to do so, but he didn't.

Pettine - again calling zone while up. I thought the D played well at the very end when they had to, but his calls played right into a comback. He has gotta go. I saw Smith in coverage again - that cannot happen!!

All in all, this gives everyone pause as to this team and their direction. Adjustments need to be made quickly and immediately in-game or it will cost this team dearly. Hopefully this is a wake up call...the good news is this offense is explosive and can play. The oline cannot play that way against the 31st defense in the league. The flat 3rd quarters have to stop NOW. I thought the secondary played pretty well considering no pressure from 96 and 94 which never ends...neither should be on the field. Hopefully they retool and throttle TN.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Jones - he had good burst and was very productive. He looked tentative in the 2nd half due to rotten play calling.

Kris Barnes - caused a turnover and played generally well in the middle.

Amos - had several good to great pass defenses. This game couldve been uglier without him

Kenny Clark - he was getting good push in the later part of the game, good to see.

Savage - again seems to be slowly working his way to being solid.

CROSBY - major stud, the old man is 16/16 this year. His fg was so clutch.

Duds:

Matt Lafleur - the play calling on offense in the 2nd half flat out sucked. I thought the hamburglar was back calling shotgun on 3rd and 1 with Dillon sitting on the bench.

Lancaster and Lowry - these 2 are killing this defense. Lancaster has no ball or play awareness. Lowry just flat out gets punked every week on single teams - Every lineman in the NFL has owned both of em. Get them out of the base and rotate them fresh for passing downs.

Lucas Patrick - no excuses, I though it was Newhouse out there. Turnstile. Needs to stay at RG. MLF didn't adjust and try Runyan.

Rodgers - I'm sorry but the pouting was obvious and it effected the offense. Step up man up and lead. The Lazard drop was bad and yeah Patrick was a lazy susan, but Aaron makes this team go and he needs to pump them up when things get shaky. When Lafleur starts to call that garbage, audible out of it immediately - AR has the power to do so, but he didn't.

Pettine - again calling zone while up. I thought the D played well at the very end when they had to, but his calls played right into a comback. He has gotta go. I saw Smith in coverage again - that cannot happen!!

All in all, this gives everyone pause as to this team and their direction. Adjustments need to be made quickly and immediately in-game or it will cost this team dearly. Hopefully this is a wake up call...the good news is this offense is explosive and can play. The oline cannot play that way against the 31st defense in the league. The flat 3rd quarters have to stop NOW. I thought the secondary played pretty well considering no pressure from 96 and 94 which never ends...neither should be on the field. Hopefully they retool and throttle TN.
Can you be sure Aaron didn’t audible out?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the pouting on the sidelines...and that is a fact.
Missed it?

but how is that bad leadership? (Not picking apart) curious how you see that as lack of leadership

should he have been smiling ? Cheering on guys? Huddling them up?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good leader does not show discontent for others when the chips are down and the game is still being played. I expect more out of Rodgers at this point in his career I guess.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A good leader does not show discontent for others when the chips are down and the game is still being played. I expect more out of Rodgers at this point in his career I guess.
Brady swearing and throwing helmet or Manning cussing out Saturday is not leadership? Manning was biggest whiner and we all know that

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z Smith gets a dud for the 4th down offsides at the end. Not for the offsides but standing and yelling to the ref while the play is ongoing. I am tired of players giving up on a play to lobby the refs.

I agree, but he watched the play clock expire and then jumped at that. He was fuming because the ref didn't call delay on the bad guys.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be hard not to mention it when it shows up on the film. If Mennenga doesn't mention it, he should be fired on the spot. Burks can be considered a veteran now and if he can't be a contributor on defense, then his only hope is on special teams. This is the second major screw up I have seen from him, the other one I think was on a long punt return where he took a terrible angle and totally whiffed on a diving tackle. I think most of us were high on Burks or at least hopeful, he has been a major disappointment. Actually, with the exception of Alexander, Gutes first draft is overall pretty disappointing.
That was tongue in cheek. You really could not tell that? I mean all of us being big Mennenga fans and all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packers used RPO on 28 snaps yesterday. They use it about as much or more than anyone in the league. They’ve been super efficient passing out of it. Panthers caught on to the tendency and were ready. Rodgers should have been handing off but he kept pulling it. If he just hands the ball off, the Packers probably role.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers used RPO on 28 snaps yesterday. They use it about as much or more than anyone in the league. They’ve been super efficient passing out of it. Panthers caught on to the tendency and were ready. Rodgers should have been handing off but he kept pulling it. If he just hands the ball off, the Packers probably role.
Where you hear 28 snaps?

But my point b4, If not fully aware of inside info probably cant say for a fact

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Where you hear 28 snaps?

But my point b4, If not fully aware of inside info probably cant say for a fact

That was Fennell’s count.

With RPO’s (as opposed to audibles), you can be almost 100% confident. Because you can identify them on film. So if you see passes out of RPO actions, you know the QB’s is pulling it on what could otherwise be a run play.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O line just started caving. I wonder if they have a hard time with a great big man in the middle. I also wonder if Turner should be playing R tackle.

Idk if he’s the Long term solution there...but I do know that Patrick isn’t that good. He’s a serviceable backup, but he got worked tonight. Is Runyan hurt? What about Wagner?

D

Deleted member 6794

Who do you replace Lowry and Lancaster with in base defense???

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you replace Lowry and Lancaster with in base defense???

I think Billy in the Colts and Bears games were starting to show he maybe had a shot at stealing some snaps...sadly his injury ended that dream.

Presently we got no one to put in there in their place for base defense. I strongly sense some serious draft capital will be spent on a DL - it really needs to be.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk if he’s the Long term solution there...but I do know that Patrick isn’t that good. He’s a serviceable backup, but he got worked tonight. Is Runyan hurt? What about Wagner?
For me, I like Turner at R tackle and Wagner being a capable back up. I liked Patrick at R guard and Runyan at L guard. Not sure about options there. I think Turner is key because, to me, he plays R tackle a lot better than guard.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’ll say this for Patrick, not as an excuse but as perspective— Derrick Brown is a certified butt kicker. He is one of the most purely strong, nastiest interior defensive linemen to come out in a little bit. And he’s starting to emerge here as a rookie.

Members online

Latest posts