Packers vs Bears 12.25.05

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone going? We are going to be up in WI visiting for the holidays so my wife suggested we take in a game. Anyone else planning on heading up to Lambeau for this one?

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan,

I don't know your budget but my company has club level seats for that game that we will obvioulsy not be using. I don't know what your budget will withstand but they are great seats, you would have access to heated bathrooms and a private bar and not have to sit on the cold bench seats.

The tickets are $225 each and we have four of them. If you are interested let me know.

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's cool chick, we have season tickets. I will face the cold, always has been part of the fun for me growing up and going to games at lambeau. Just wanted to see if anyone else was going to give up the family and fireplaces and what not to come out and watch the Pack.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I plan on going to another game this year but I'm not sure if it will be the Bears game or Saints. I'd like to see McKenzie get torched for a couple TD's! :jumpflame:

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali that is an awesome pictures lol

ND I am with you on the saints game, that would be fun. Then again I would like to go to a vikes game and watch sharpers over rated @$$ get lit up too.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
ND I am with you on the saints game, that would be fun. Then again I would like to go to a vikes game and watch sharpers over rated @$$ get lit up too.

I hear you on watching Sharper. He's going to get booed right off the field along with his loserville teammates. Money can't buy happiness and I'm almost sure it can't buy team chemistry either. Another disappointing, underachieving season for the Viqueens!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread gives me the perfect opportunity to see if some of my fellow Packer fans can help me out with a dilemma. As you can tell from my forum name, I live in North Carolina, specifically Charlotte. A number of years ago, I met, through my work, a Packer fan that had moved to NC, but had control over his families 4 season tickets. We started flying up for one game a year starting in 1999 (we're going to the Saints game this year). The last couple of years, I've been thinking about bringing my wife and two daughters, ages 6 & 9 up to a game so they can experience the thrill that a game at Lambeau can be. As it turns out, my wifes brother is getting married in Minneapolis New Years weekend so I got this bright idea to bring my family up for the Bears game on X-mas day and then stay in Wisconsin the following week before the wedding. What I'm concerned about is, with the game at the end of the season, the Packers could struggle this year and basically be out of any playoff chances by week 15 and worse yet, Brett Favre could finally get banged up enough during the season to cause him to miss the game. One of the other reasons I want to come to this game with my family is that this could be Favres last year and I'd really like for them to see him play in person. My only other option is to gamble that he will come back next year (2006) and then bring the family up to an early season game when we could enjoy the great early fall weather up there and stand a better chance of seeing Brett under center. I wouldn't be agonizing over this if we lived within reasonable driving distance of Green Bay, but to fly a family of 4 up there is going to be expensive. My gut says "Go for it", you can't control what happens this year, but then I think "what if the Packers are something like 5-9 going into the game". The atmosphere won't be the same, even though Packer fans are known to support their team in good times and bad, and I really want my family to experience a positive atmosphere since we would be coming such a long way. I would be curious as to what the people in this forum would do if you had this decision to make.

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go. "The atmosphere won't be the same". You can bet it will. When I was younger and used to HAVE to go to games with my family because we were stuck with our season tickets (i.e. xmas eve game with the dog in the van, snowmobiles on the trailor in the parking lot on the way up north to visit for the holidays) and the crowd was still crazy. There is no way to tell what is going to happen, where the pack is going to be sitting heading into that week. The only for certain is you will have a damn good time either way and so will your family. I am driving up to visit the fam with my wife, two kids and two dogs (well maybe not the dogs) from Omaha NE to the Milwaukee area and that's not a small commute either, I feel your pain there. But the game will be worth it. They always are. People bawk at pre season tickets just the same as being worried about the pack losing, it's STILL a Packers game at Lambeau field, it doesn't get any better. On top of that, it will hopefully be snowing! GO PACK!

Members online

Latest posts