Official studs and duds Seattle

D

Deleted member 6794

Also, as a side note. On the play where we did get to the Seattle 2-yard line. The original play that took us there, and then someone, I'm not 100% sure who, maybe someone can help me out, but they got an unsportsmanlike penalty flag for running over and getting in the face of one of the Seahawks players who was on the floor. I understand passion and I understand emotion, but do these guys not understand the consequences of such? We're at the Seattle 2-yard line...reel it in, compose yourself and punch in the TD. I know we got a first down eventually at the 1 but that isn't the point; stupid, unnecessary flags cost games.

It was Mike Daniels, stupid penalty. Instead of starting at the four yard line we got the ball on the 19.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
this was a win and McCarthy handed it to Seattle with his ****** play calling. We had these jokers on the ropes and handed them the game.

I'm actually ashamed of the team at this point. Rodgers picked a hell of a time to start throwing interceptions, didn't he?

This conservative playcalling is a joke. Kick a field goal on the 6 inch line?

And he has the audacity to say he will not question his playcalling? Arrogance for him not to accept his part in this fiasco.

I've seen Belichick question his playcalling publicly after a bad loss. If he can be humble enough for it then MM sure ought to be.

Pathetic display.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Bostick screwed up I have a lot of respect for him for being honest and owing up to his debacle. Now I wish others on the team especially coaches would follow Bostick's honesty and humility. It would be very interesting to know how much time the team devoted to practicing onside kicks. Can't really blame Bostick if they don't practice enough.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game was the ultimate kick in the nuts. To dominate a game for 56 minutes and lose in such spectacular fashion is hard to swallow. The Packers should be getting ready for a trip to Arizona right now.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Bostick screwed up I have a lot of respect for him for being honest and owing up to his debacle. Now I wish others on the team especially coaches would follow Bostick's honesty and humility. It would be very interesting to know how much time the team devoted to practicing onside kicks. Can't really blame Bostick if they don't practice enough.

Doesn't matter how much they practice the on-side kick, the issue was that Bostick was supposed to be blocking. So even if they practice it a ton, he is only going to be practicing blocking and not catching the ball, so yes, we really can still blame Bostick for that mistake. He even admitted that if he had done his assignment like he was supposed to they probably would have won the game.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playcalling in the end was atrocious. I know this team is big on sportsmanship, but come on. It's the NFC Championship. Shove it down their throats until it's the last second of the game. There's a reason why Brady and Belichick are going to their 6th Super Bowl together. You think they care how much they run the score on someone? No, because winning is what matters and they do whatever it takes.

Old hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that call cost you the game. What cost you the game was your team, players and coaches attitude in the last 5 minutes... Like clay left the game because he was fatigued or jordy joking around, smiling. The pack refused to be serious with the game on the line. Where was the killer instinct? It was more like "can they come back from here?" No they can't come back from here, woah wait a minute they, well, maybe , hey woah...tottally reactionary in your thinking. I would be real pissed off at whoever was supposed to keep your team "up".

Where are your leaders?

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one's saying that decision on the INT did cost us the game, I just confirmed it was missed by the referees...losing the game was entirely our fault, absolutely.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that call cost you the game. What cost you the game was your team, players and coaches attitude in the last 5 minutes... Like clay left the game because he was fatigued or jordy joking around, smiling. The pack refused to be serious with the game on the line. Where was the killer instinct? It was more like "can they come back from here?" No they can't come back from here, woah wait a minute they, well, maybe , hey woah...tottally reactionary in your thinking. I would be real pissed off at whoever was supposed to keep your team "up".

Where are your leaders?

Yo Hawk fan. No it didn't cost them the game but Rodgers says that's exactly why he took a chance to throw it deep. it was, or should have been, a free play. Instead it's a turnover.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

Where are your leaders?

Listen, troll.

Try and read for comprehension.

Nobody says that's why the game was lost. You didn't beat the Packers. They handed you the game on a silver platter. They kicked your invincible team's ***** up and down the field for 3 and a half quarters.

The game was a complete failure by a handful of Packers and their head coach. MM is greatly flawed and that is compounded by his sheer arrogance.

To start wondering about calls and refs and blah blah blah is to completely miss the point. I don't know when exactly in the game you saw Nelson smiling but I'll wager it wasn't after the lead went away. Nor was it as the game was practically given away.

So let me suggest something anatomically impossible for you. How's that suit ya'?

I'll never follow the Packers with anything near the intensity after that debacle. It's just is NOT worth the emotional investment.

I may or may not drop in from time to time on this message board but I have my doubts.

It's all a bunch of pointless bickering.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy and the coaching staff = duds

The fake FG TD toss.
The flop after the interception. Run around for 10 seconds and kill the clock and Seattle can't use the 2:00 minute warning as a free time out.
On a heave into the end zone on a 2 point try...don't worry about tackling the receiver who's standing in the end zone...go for the ball.
On the onside kick, get the ball. But of the goofs listed. ...this is the most understandable one.

1. On a fg attempt....if you see a guy running down field before the kick....follow him.
2. Kill clock if we're ahead and you intercept. Run around, make them chase you.
3. 2 point time ....knock the ball down.
4. It should have been Jordy Nelson, cobb, quarles, lacy, mastay, on that side. All "hands" guys.
Coaches gotta coach. The Packers were mystified those last 4 minutes.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy and the coaching staff = duds

The fake FG TD toss.
The flop after the interception. Run around for 10 seconds and kill the clock and Seattle can't use the 2:00 minute warning as a free time out.
On a heave into the end zone on a 2 point try...don't worry about tackling the receiver who's standing in the end zone...go for the ball.
On the onside kick, get the ball. But of the goofs listed. ...this is the most understandable one.

1. On a fg attempt....if you see a guy running down field before the kick....follow him.
2. Kill clock if we're ahead and you intercept. Run around, make them chase you.
3. 2 point time ....knock the ball down.
4. It should have been Jordy Nelson, cobb, quarles, lacy, mastay, on that side. All "hands" guys.
Coaches gotta coach. The Packers were mystified those last 4 minutes.

First of all, how does running around for 10 seconds prevent Seattle from using the 2:00 warning as a free timeout? The 2 minute warning happens at the end of the game no matter what. Running around for 10 seconds after the int wouldn't have killed the clock as there were still 5 minutes left in the game. While I agree he should have kept running until someone was close to tackling him, it didn't have that big of an impact on running out the clock. It's not like Seattle took the lead in the last few seconds, they still had plenty of time as there was still 1:43 left in the game. So if he ran around for 10 more seconds, then what, they would have scored at 1:33 instead of 1:43? It was the 2 possessions with less than 7 minutes left where we went 3 and out both times that really hurt.

As far as having all those players on that side, you don't understand how to defend against an onside kick. You don't put all your hands players on one side. First off, the team will just kick to the other side if you do that. Secondly, you need a few blockers to keep the defenders off your 'hands' guys so they can catch the ball. Bostick was a blocker who just didn't do his job. If he had just blocked like he was supposed to, Jordy would have had an easy catch. So that gaff was on Bostick, not the coaches.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
A lot of people were under the impression that Bostick would be that guy, for reasons I never understood. I think that ship has sailed once and for all. I would be surprised if we didn't get another TE in the first 2 rounds next year.
Bostick I'm of two minds. I feel sorry for the dude for messing up on that onside kick. I am also FURIOUS at him for.........missing that onside kick.

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've not been on here since Sunday, i've avoided my usual Podcasts and NFL tv shows, i'm truelly p*ssed off still. Put me into the duds category.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, how does running around for 10 seconds prevent Seattle from using the 2:00 warning as a free timeout? The 2 minute warning happens at the end of the game no matter what. Running around for 10 seconds after the int wouldn't have killed the clock as there were still 5 minutes left in the game. While I agree he should have kept running until someone was close to tackling him, it didn't have that big of an impact on running out the clock. It's not like Seattle took the lead in the last few seconds, they still had plenty of time as there was still 1:43 left in the game. So if he ran around for 10 more seconds, then what, they would have scored at 1:33 instead of 1:43? It was the 2 possessions with less than 7 minutes left where we went 3 and out both times that really hurt.

As far as having all those players on that side, you don't understand how to defend against an onside kick. You don't put all your hands players on one side. First off, the team will just kick to the other side if you do that. Secondly, you need a few blockers to keep the defenders off your 'hands' guys so they can catch the ball. Bostick was a blocker who just didn't do his job. If he had just blocked like he was supposed to, Jordy would have had an easy catch. So that gaff was on Bostick, not the coaches.
On a kick off, the kicking team is not allowed to have their players running all over the field before the kick. They must be set. Just as with any offensive play. When the kicker starts to move forward to the ball, ..then they can move....but there won't be tine to swarm to one side of the field. Defenders CAN move. When you see them stack one side of the line...you DO put your "hands" people there. Two years of football at UW under John Jardine taught me that.

D

Deleted member 6794

On a kick off, the kicking team is not allowed to have their players running all over the field before the kick. They must be set. Just as with any offensive play. When the kicker starts to move forward to the ball, ..then they can move....but there won't be tine to swarm to one side of the field. Defenders CAN move. When you see them stack one side of the line...you DO put your "hands" people there. Two years of football at UW under John Jardine taught me that.

There´s no rule in the NFL preventing the players on the kicking team moving before the ball is kicked:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/9_2013_Free_Kicks.pdf

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is no rule saying the kicking team's players must stay set. Yes, you do put 'hands' people on the receiving team, but they are not all necessarily supposed to catch the ball, you still want some blockers. Bostic is a tight end so technically he is a 'hands' person, but his primary responsibility was to block, not catch.