1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official studs and duds Seattle

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 18, 2015.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    who

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    bostick super dud

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +602
    the entire team and coaching staff was a dud. There was not a single stud in the entire game because if there was we would not have lost that game all it took was one stud for us to win that game but one didn't exist.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    I'm so disgusted with this game but I'll give my list

Studs-
    Lacy
    Starks
    Cobb

Duds
    2nd Half defense
    Red Zone offense
    Bostick

Just....wow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Baked

Baked Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    lmao at this stupid *** thread.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    HaHa was my MVP for the game... until he literally just stood there and watched Wilson catch that 2-pt conversion. Was like someone pushed a pause button on a remote just for him. So bizarre.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Brandon

Brandon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I'm going to turn in my Packers fan card for now, and think about reclaiming it next year. I've never been more humiliated and utterly disgusted by one game.

All those sacks, all those turnovers, all those penalties, and in the end our team single handedly makes Seattle look like the most heroic come from behind team in the history of the NFL.

Studs

Oline for outstanding protection
    Lacy for a pretty good game
    Starks for cleaning up
    Clinton Dix

Duds

Onside recovery team.
    Coaching
    Pretty much everyone else

I went in this game thinking we could win, and if nothing else make it a close game. What we did all game long was destroy a very good football team, and then for some reason decided to implode. No offense at all, and piss poor defense when it counted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    I dont know but only stud I know of is

Crosby.. Hes the real MVP...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Football is over for this year. I will pay attention again next year but have no interest in anything anyone has to say about the Packers any more this season. On to baseball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. JacobInFlorida

JacobInFlorida Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    Burnett was the biggest dud IMO. Not running after the 4th pick was a huge bonehead move. That was the turning point. You don't go to the ground at the 30 something with almost 5 min left and the other team having 3 timeouts (4 with 2 minute warning) and only down 2 scores. He could have at least crossed midfield and had us in great shape to get a FG and really seal it.

That was the biggest play of the game. The rest was just football.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Baked

Baked Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    lol at clinton-dix as a stud.

12. Circa1919

Circa1919 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    I don't even want to give anyone a stud award. I would say D, but they floundered and failed. No one on O did anything. Truly disgusting.

13. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Plenty of disappointing performances in the last five minutes. Bostick will join Leon Lett, Garo Yepremian, and a few others on the NFL's all-time epic failures list on video. But the real culprit seemed to be that they R-E-L-A-X-E-D much too early. That's a team failure, especially the coaches. They played right into the Hawks hands at the end and handed them the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Yep, that is what happens when you lose intensity for 5 minutes against a good team at home like Seattle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Studs: Its the NFC Championship and you have a lead with 5 minutes to go. Damn near everyone is a stud for that reason.

Duds: Slocum and Bostic: Its the NFC Championship and you have a lead with 5 minutes to go and you 2 are responsible for Seattle still having a chance. Slocum not having that FG defense ready for a fake is a joke. They had no idea what was happening and were not prepared. His hands team made a bone headed play and that falls back on him and it should be his ***.

Temporary Dudliness: MM for turtling and Burnett for taking a knee like there was no time left. Those 2 run plays were pathetic on 1st an 2nd down. There was no though or effort put into those. You play to win the damn game...not to run the clock and give them the ball back. That kind of attitude with that much time left resonates to the entire team and it sure as hell showed. Good game except for that. That is just a sickening move. I don't even care if they ran the ball all 3 times but put an effort out there into the play calls. That was taking a knee without taking a knee.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. JacobInFlorida

Ratings:
    +37
    I really don't hate bostick. Yes, he should have caught the ball but it's one of those football plays that happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LionsFan

LionsFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Look at the 1 positive thing to come out of today, somewhere, in some impoverished nation some lucky kids are getting their Green Bay NFC champs hats and shirts.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    Yeah, to go with the Lions jerseys they put in their outhouses two weeks ago.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. HaHa'sRightGlove

HaHa'sRightGlove Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Bostick will get the hate but we shouldn't have even been in that position. Bostick dropped a catch...Jordy Nelson dropped at least two. Morgan Burnett took a knee when, I believe, he had two men to beat. There was 5 minutes left on the clock with effectively four TO's remaining...you do not do that.

I'm shell shocked...it doesn't feel like it happened. We dropped our concentration, we were already thinking about the Superbowl. The fake FG was shocking. When you're 16 points down late in the third, you simply have to be alert to that possibility.

Shocked. Just shocked.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    No
    You must be his Mom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    So haha not knocking the 2pt conv wasn't the biggest non play??

right def was called --- had it stopped, haha decided not to knock the ball down..

He does that, we win

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +521
    Studs: Burnette, HAHA, Crosby, Aaron for keeping us in this game while limping around the field.. big heart
    Duds: Whoever is responsible for rushing 3 on 3rd and 19 should take lashes

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    Can't help but feel the team was a big dud. BUT it wouldn't have been this close without some studs. This is hard...but here we go..

Studs:
    A-rod - He's our leader...on. one. leg. ..I know he looked good but he was still hurting i'm sure.
    lacy - I thought when he ran... he ran hard, and made that scary defense look pretty average.
    cobb - He was in the hospital the day before...and got a touchdown. overall nice day
    o-line - A-rod had all day for the most part..and run game was solid.
    Ha-Ha - He showed why we drafted him in the first round. glad he'll be a packer for years to come.

duds:
    a certain player who's name begins with Bo and ends with stik. Hopefully we cut him cause you can't cost a team a trip to the super bowl and come back..unless you're a star player who kept the team in the game to begin with...which i'm pretty sure bostik has never or never will do.

hawk - always too slow.
    Ha-Ha - made my studs list but he's gotta be a dud for that two point conversion. If he just tips the ball we win on a last minute field goal.
    nelson - maybe not a real dud...but he dropped a few and never played to his "star" ability in the two playoff games this season.
    the greed bay packers - ultimately a loss like this is on everyone. Players and coaches blew this game. It will sting forever... and much more than the fail mary. It will personally haunt my dreams. UNTIL we win another Super Bowl.

I'm sure there were more duds in this sad and pathetic loss but thats what came to my mind.

24. HaHa'sRightGlove

HaHa'sRightGlove Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Oh and HC-D...that 2 point conversion was unbelievably poor. Wilson is on his back foot, being chased back to his 25 yard line and lobs a Hail Mary for anyone to make a play on....and they convert, unreal.

There are so many mistakes in the last 5 minutes of normal player it's unbelievable. Looked more like a high school game than an NFC Championship game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. JacobInFlorida

Ratings:
    +37
    Exactly. Burnett's play changed the game. Seahawks have no hope if he returns the ball to FG range. He gave them hope.

• Agree Agree x 2