2024 draft discussion thread

scheeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind Morgan - I like him better than Guyton. I think WR and OL are going to be heavy the rest of this round - there is a chance DeJesn slides to round 2.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we got our future left tackle and we needed O-line. I thought Morgan would go a little later, but still a lot of talent left on the board.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to say I'm pretty surprised and pretty disappointed. But I have a lot of trust in Gute, so I'm going to play the long game and wait and see. Betting that Morgan is moved inside to guard. Unless they trade up to get DeJean or Mckinstry, I don't know what they're going to do about corner but I feel like they will have to get Simmons at safety.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan was actually rated as a late first round, early second round pick. Gute reached again but not by a lot. He was similarly compared to Graham Barten in that he's an OT that can potentially move to guard if he doesn't work out. I don't love the pick but am OK with it. Bolstering the o line is priority number 1 but I would've preferred Barton at pick 25 to anybody but Mitchell.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they got an F for the 1st Rd. What the **** was that? Even trading up back in the round at this point is a **** trade wasting draft capital when this guy was a 3-4th rounder at best.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't lie. I am disappointed. GPG.
I won't lie either. I don't understand this.

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to say I'm pretty surprised and pretty disappointed.

I'm not sure anyone should be surprised. Disappointed? Sure.. but surprised? Nah. This is Gute's M.O. (I even called it in the other thread earlier today on the type of player that would be selected)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they got an F for the 1st Rd. What the **** was that? Even trading up back in the round at this point is a **** trade wasting draft capital when this guy was a 3-4th rounder at best.
You know Gute loves to reach in the early rounds. It's what he does. He knows better than everybody else apparently.

Reaction score
No Morgan is our starting RG I bet.
I was just going to say that.

Although I think he eventually gets moved outside as our #2 option at LT. I don’t think he’ll give the job back either.

It’s tough because he’s probably gone at 41. They could’ve chanced a mini trade back and snatched a 4th etc.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
See what I mean now, -13??? LOL.
Every dang year is like this!

Members online