Official studs and duds Seattle

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They weren't directly his fault....but he is the special teams coach...the hammer will fall on him....the defense was in no way,shape or form ready for that fake FG and that falls on Slocum

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to turn in my Packers fan card for now, and think about reclaiming it next year. I've never been more humiliated and utterly disgusted by one game.

All those sacks, all those turnovers, all those penalties, and in the end our team single handedly makes Seattle look like the most heroic come from behind team in the history of the NFL.

Studs

Oline for outstanding protection
Lacy for a pretty good game
Starks for cleaning up
Clinton Dix

Duds

Onside recovery team.
Coaching
Pretty much everyone else

I went in this game thinking we could win, and if nothing else make it a close game. What we did all game long was destroy a very good football team, and then for some reason decided to implode. No offense at all, and **** poor defense when it counted.

Could never turn in my Packer fan card. My ownership of this team isnt revocable

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This loss will sting for every true Packer fan forever. As great as they looked in the first 3 quarters,it's amazing how scared and pathetic they looked at the end. Hindsight is always right,but there were SO many times the Packers and their coaching staff looked bad...real bad. The FG's put some points on the board,but who really thought that was going to be enough? I really think Eddie needs to be lined up where Kuhn is in the backfield and /or James Starks(who's quicker to the hole)needs to be in on goal line situations. The 3 man rush was an epic bad call by Capers,Wilson cannot throw accurately unless he's standing in the pocket...he had ALL day to find someone. 6 points on 5 TO's? A surefire recipe for disaster. The talk at my house was all about the conservative(maybe too weak of a description)play calling when they needed to get some first downs. Why take the ball out of the best player in football's hands and try to hang on instead of going for the throat? The 2 point conversion Seattle converted was embarrassing. That pass looked like a punt and we seemed to be helpless against it. Selling out for the run on what turned out to be the last play of the game was a sorry way for the season to end. No safety help left Tramon on an island and Wilson made a helluva throw. Bostick made a very undisciplined attempt for the onside kick when his job was to keep people off Jordy to make the catch. That alone will probably get him sent down the road. When you screw up your assignment and it costs you a Super Bowl appearance I would think it's curtains for him. Slocum is probably gone also because two special teams ****** in the NFC championship is hard to overlook. I love the Pack with every fiber of my being,so this one will never be forgotten. The Packers are as good as any team in the NFL,they're just not better than every team in the NFL.

I agree. If the "Fail Mary Game" wasn't bad enough this one hurts even more and to a whole different level. All we heard all week is how the Seahawks Pass rush was gonna kill Rodgers and our run game was going to have "tough sledding" against the Seahawks defense. We had answers for both.

Nobody gave our defense any credit all week long and they responded with intercepting Wilson 4 times. For most of the game we held there "read option" in check. The defense did enough to win this game.

I am a MM supporter and I think he had a really good game plan but at the end I don't know why he didn't throw Cobb in the backfield and throw against a crowded Seahawks box to get some first downs and "close the deal."

You had to figure at some point the Seahawks were gonna make some plays on offense while MM was playing "Tick Tock" that put the whole thing resting on an onside kick. The Seahawks made gambles going for a fake FG and "taking shots downfield" while we ran Lacy against a "stacked box" late in the game and kicking a FG on there goaline earlier.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bostick will get the hate but we shouldn't have even been in that position. Bostick dropped a catch...Jordy Nelson dropped at least two. Morgan Burnett took a knee when, I believe, he had two men to beat. There was 5 minutes left on the clock with effectively four TO's remaining...you do not do that.

I'm shell shocked...it doesn't feel like it happened. We dropped our concentration, we were already thinking about the Superbowl. The fake FG was shocking. When you're 16 points down late in the third, you simply have to be alert to that possibility.

Shocked. Just shocked.
Pretty sure Burnett took direction from the coaching staff on taking that knee

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Kuhn usually gets the yard and if he had gotten it this time you wouldn't be on here *****ing about it. There was nothing wrong with the play. It was the execution.

I don't have a problem with the call to Kuhn numbskull! I'm talking about the play to Lacy! Read what I said for goodness sakes!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy: "I'm not questioning my playcalling." But it seems like many other are:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460359/article/mike-mccarthy-packers-o-not-aggressive-enough

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/18/7777479/seahawks-packers-mike-mccarthy

Bill SimmonsVerified account
‏@BillSimmons
This was an incredible bad coaching performance by Mike McCarthy. We're gonna be telling our grandkids about it.

Like I said coaches scared and can't adjust on the fly. If you watch the drive where Lacy carried three times in a row for like 2 yards you see vintage MM. I don't have a problem trying to run the clock out but how about a play action screen to the tightend? or something other than that weak *bleep* dive play ?? His sorry play calling near the end of the game can't be overlooked either! I'm quite frankly tired of MM. I've said this before.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Those 3 run plays that went negative were the killer. We dident play to win we played not to lose.

We were one 1st down away from the SB.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those 3 run plays that went negative were the killer. We dident play to win we played not to lose.

We were one 1st down away from the SB.

That's your boy calling the plays haha. Urban Meyer would've drew up something creative to win the game! He should coach the Packers haha he sure wouldn't coach scared .

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fail to see how either the onside kick or the FG TD was his fault.

Seattle FG holder/punter Ryan said the Seahawks noticed the Packers recklessly attacked on the outside leaving it wide open. Considering the Packers have never, ever that I can recall blocked a kick from the outside, there was no life in the stadium in the middle of the 3rd period, and a FG would have only made it 16-3, I would argue that the fake field goal was by far the BIGGEST PLAY as far as momentum goes in the game.

That Slocum entrusted perhaps the least athletic player on the team (Hawk) to be the safety on that field goal and the brain-dead Bostic to stand right in front of Jordy on the onside kick also indicates he has no clue about who should be manning what position.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is 10xs worse than the fail Mary game. I feel sorry for Rodgers bug time..played the best he could on one good leg to have the defense blow another playoff game yet again.

So red zone failures do not count?

smh

just like the Frisco game, refuse to give any blame to the offense...

The def gave them 5 extra chances with turn over an they got 6 points?
smh

how many turn overs is the def suppose to get?

how many points on turn overs??? Red zone failures dont count, so only logical answer is blame the def

smdh

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So red zone failures do not count?

smh

just like the Frisco game, refuse to give any blame to the offense...

The def gave them 5 extra chances with turn over an they got 6 points?
smh

how many turn overs is the def suppose to get?

how many points on turn overs??? Red zone failures dont count, so only logical answer is blame the def

smdh

Oh go re-read some of my comments, the red zone defense was atrocious. But even with all that it was still enough to win had the defense not stop playing on Seattles final drives period. But yea MM is an idiot I still strongly stand by that statement.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh go re-read some of my comments, the red zone defense was atrocious. But even with all that it was still enough to win had the defense not stop playing on Seattles final drives period. But yea MM is an idiot I still strongly stand by that statement.
So are you and I strongly stand by that one.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shut up? Who do you think you're talking to man . Woosah.....I'm just going to be nice. Woosah...
So are you going to get a head-start on your annual "Packers won't make the playoffs" predictions or are you going to hold us all in suspense?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So---the def was expected to not allow a td at the end..

But if the highest scoring offense in the league this year gets a free pass for not scoring more..

if they score ONE td and not a fg, the game is over

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So are you going to get a head-start on your annual "Packers won't make the playoffs" predictions or are you going to hold us all in suspense?

he has said the will make it, but lose in the playoffs..

As he stated--- to shut up the haters who run their mouths

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First off please show me besides this year where I've said that? since it's "annual" I'll wait...And furthermore I actually already said they will make the playoffs next yr. but get bounced again as I don't see them recovering from this at least not next season.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle FG holder/punter Ryan said the Seahawks noticed the Packers recklessly attacked on the outside leaving it wide open. Considering the Packers have never, ever that I can recall blocked a kick from the outside, there was no life in the stadium in the middle of the 3rd period, and a FG would have only made it 16-3, I would argue that the fake field goal was by far the BIGGEST PLAY as far as momentum goes in the game.

That Slocum entrusted perhaps the least athletic player on the team (Hawk) to be the safety on that field goal and the brain-dead Bostic to stand right in front of Jordy on the onside kick also indicates he has no clue about who should be manning what position.

A TE shouldn't have been on the hands team?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So---the def was expected to not allow a td at the end..

But if the highest scoring offense in the league this year gets a free pass for not scoring more..

if they score ONE td and not a fg, the game is over

Bro, I'm agreeing with you. I don't know how much more blatant I can be in saying MM is idiot play caller. Had he actually called something near the goal line besides that predictable dive play to Kuhn and score yea we would've won.. I'm not giving this sorry red zone offense any love. We can move past that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bro, I'm agreeing with you. I don't know how much more blatant I can be in saying MM is idiot play caller. Had he actually called something near the goal line besides that predictable dive play to Kuhn and score yea we would've won.. I'm not giving this sorry red zone offense any love. We can move past that.

I guess this doesnt count???

Red zone also includes Rodgers, so when I say red zone was bad once again it does fall on Rodgers and ot ust MM
He did have some bad plys and over throws again...Nelson had drops too...

This is 10xs worse than the fail Mary game. I feel sorry for Rodgers bug time..played the best he could on one good leg to have the defense blow another playoff game yet again. /QUOTE]

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess this doesnt count???

Red zone also includes Rodgers, so when I say red zone was bad once again it does fall on Rodgers and ot ust MM
He did have some bad plys and over throws again...Nelson had drops too...

The ENTIRE Offense has stunk in the red zone!!! EVERYONE! ALL 11 players on the field!! The guys trying to score!! Whoever doesn't play on defense!!! Hope that helps.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Sea Hawks,(they were beat but did not quit) Mason Crosby was the only Packer who did his part and kept us ahead until the knuckle head juice kicked in for the rest of team......
Duds: Packers (Crosby not included)

Members online

Latest posts