Official studs and duds Seattle

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The ENTIRE Offense has stunk in the red zone!!! EVERYONE! ALL 11 players on the field!! The guys trying to score!! Whoever doesn't play on defense!!! Hope that helps.
of course...this all started because you were contridicting your self..
I feel sorry for Rodgers bug time..played the best he could on one good leg to have the defense blow another playoff game yet again

Trying to find out if you placed any blame on off since you said the def blew it

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back.....

I was wondering why Rodgers woulent toss one pass that way and see how Sherman was. Test the waters a bit but meh... Doesnt matter now
Someone else said same thing...

Not sure how many they threw his way, but they did complete one to Nelson who was on sherman...3rd down that went for few yards right before mason made fg to tie it

sometimes people think they see something but in realitity they miss critical parts

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off please show me besides this year where I've said that? since it's "annual" I'll wait...And furthermore I actually already said they will make the playoffs next yr. but get bounced again as I don't see them recovering from this at least not next season.
And how exactly is it that they won't "recover" from this? On the contrary, I think they will learn a great deal. Morgan Burnett and the entire secondary learned to never slide on a INT return with 5:00 left in the game. Brandon Bostick (if he's still here) learned to stick to his assignment and let the WRs catch the ball on onside kicks. And the whole team learned to not take ANY lead for granted. They also learned that they're every bit as good as anyone else in the NFL. Contrary to your prognostication, I'm confident that this team will come into next season with a great deal of confidence that they can win in anyone's house. If anything, this team is primed to be dominant next year.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s just no way to sugar-coat this. It was one of the worst chokes I have ever seen by a team in the playoffs, and there is certainly plenty of blame to go around but I can’t let Mike McCarthy and the offense, including AR off the hook.

McCarthy’s conservative playcalling in the 2nd half and decisions to go for FGs on 4th and less than 1 are a major reason we lost this game. And all McCarthy does is to utter a few odd comments about not regretting his game plan at the presser. Yes, I think overall McCarthy is a fine coach, but his tendency to turn conservative with a lead has come back to bite this team before and it sure did yesterday. When you have the other team down you bury them, but McCarthy just doesn’t seem to have learned that lesson. Instead, he talks about his “script” to run the ball 20 times in the 2nd half. Forget your damn script, you’re not up 21 points or more, put the other team away! Instead of giving his MVP QB a chance to put the game away, we get a bunch of running plays and the Packers go 3-and-out twice in a row giving the Hawks a glimmer of hope. Look at the Pats by contrast, they went out with a big lead and never took their foot off the gas. They crushed Indy without mercy. McCarthy needs to give up the play-calling duties, period.

As for AR, I guess I just expect more from an MVP QB. For 55 minutes this defense gave them all they needed not just to win this game, but to blow the Seahawks out. There shouldn’t have been any chance for Seattle to work a miracle in the last 5 mins, but between poor execution in the red zone, taking FGs rather than going for TDs inside the 1, and less-than-MVP play by Rodgers, a lead that should have been around 20-0 or more wasn’t. With all that the defense gave him, it’s depressing to me that Rodgers couldn't do any better than he did. Hate to say it, but for as poor a performance that RW had for 3+ quarters, he's the guy who came up big in the end.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I look at this game I see all GB had to do was stop Seattle from going down the field and scoring one last time.

That's it pure and simple.

Seattle was the Dud for 55 Mins The Packers were the Dud the rest of the game.

Can't even name studs in a game like I saw today.

It was just like I was watching the Lions play but worse....

D

Deleted member 6794

I really don´t have any explanation for what happened in the last five minutes of regulation and in OT. The Packers dominated the defending champions at their place for 55 minutes but because the red zone offense was terrible we left a small door open for the Seahawks and they took advantage of it.

Bostick should have been fired before the Packers took the plane back to Green Bay.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the only real special teams gaff today was the Bostic play. The fake fg for a touchdown was completely on AJ hawk chasing Ryan and letting a guy run wide open behind him when Ryan wasn't going to outrun anyone for a first down. That's just AJ hawk being clueless.

Remind me. Where did Hawk go to college..?

Reading your posts, I'm sure you were real proud of the way the Buckeyes ran up the score on Oregon. Real classy...Lucky their running back didn't get his knee blown up going for that last "rub it in your face" TD.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Second half coaching was the biggest DUD. McCarthy played not to lose instead of playing to win. He has done that in the past so it's no surprise.

Yup. No killer instinct. Went for field goals when the team was right at the goal line in the first half.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remind me. Where did Hawk go to college..?

Reading your posts, I'm sure you were real proud of the way the Buckeyes ran up the score on Oregon. Real classy...Lucky their running back didn't get his knee blown up going for that last "rub it in your face" TD.

I was more proud of them finishing the game and playing like champs. Then winning the championship unlike our beloved Packers. Knee blown out? Running up the score? Kinda like how they did against florida state? Yea you sound like a salty "bleep" Oregon fan get outta here with that garbage haha

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a fan of either team, although I did want Oregon to win the game. That being said, I thought Ohio State earned the championship by outplaying the Ducks. I just thought the victory was tainted by their lack of sportsmanship at the end.

I've only been on this board a couple of years, but I've noticed a trend where you only seem to make an appearance after losses. It gets a little old reading about how worthless the Packers are, especially after a loss as painful as yesterdays.

It may not seem like it now, but the Packers have a lot to be proud of. We will be back.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk was the only one there. Ryan didn't have to outrun anyone other than him. Unless I was missing something from the tv angle it looked like Hawk was in no mans land with no help on either end.

Yeah. Do people not remember Ryan? I seem to recall he played some WR earlier in his career? Wasn't that in the Canadian league? He also ran some fakes for us.

Hawk was in a lose-lose position. Honestly, playing up was probably better. You have to hope the punter just throws a bad ball and the backup lineman can't make a catch. That's the odds play.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's going to haunt Bostick for the rest of his life, not that I'm going to forget about it either. :confused:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This clearly shows that if Bostick was doing his ****ing job and blocking, Nelson would have caught the ball. OUCH! This really hurts.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah. Do people not remember Ryan? I seem to recall he played some WR earlier in his career? Wasn't that in the Canadian league? He also ran some fakes for us.

Hawk was in a lose-lose position. Honestly, playing up was probably better. You have to hope the punter just throws a bad ball and the backup lineman can't make a catch. That's the odds play.

I´m not sure anyone would have been able to stop Ryan from getting a first down but under all circumstances Hawk has to stay with the "receiver" until Ryan has passed the line of scrimmage.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Notice Peppers was signalling Burnett to take the dive. Very poor clock awareness, and the "game over" sideline celebration that ensued was a bad omen. My wife was laughing when I yelled, "what are you doing?"

But it was one false step after another down the stretch, with the defense going flat after a stellar first half, giving up nearly 350 yds. in the second half + OT.

My recommendations:

1. Put Bostick on suicide watch.
2. Fire Capers.

3. Provide an explanation as to why our best player on defense wasn't even on the field for Seattle's last two drives in regulation. I was practically screaming "wtf is Matthews" at my tv, he certainly didn't look hurt when he was in during OT. It's a lot harder to run the hurry up offense when you have to constantly account for a player like Matthews, why he wasnt out there is baffling to me.

H

HardRightEdge

3. Provide an explanation as to why our best player on defense wasn't even on the field for Seattle's last two drives in regulation. I was practically screaming "wtf is Matthews" at my tv, he certainly didn't look hurt when he was in during OT. It's a lot harder to run the hurry up offense when you have to constantly account for a player like Matthews, why he wasnt out there is baffling to me.
That would be a question for Dom Capers.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy’s conservative playcalling in the 2nd half and decisions to go for FGs on 4th and less than 1 are a major reason we lost this game.

So you would prefer an incomplete pass or a stuffed run attempt and to walk away with no points? Touchdowns on the goal line are not a given.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the better than 50% chance to get 7 points? Yes. Even if you fail, you pin the other team back on their 1-foot line.
I don't know. You have to take the points when you can get them on the road against good defenses, especially early in the game.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you would prefer an incomplete pass or a stuffed run attempt and to walk away with no points? Touchdowns on the goal line are not a given.
I was surprised we didn't go for it to be honest. The chance of us getting to the Seattle 1 yard line is rare, where as getting within field goal range is way more likely. I thought we should have gone for the 7 while the opportunity was there. This isn't even a reactive opinion based on what happened in the last five minutes either, I genuinely thought at the time that we could live to regret not converting those 3 FG's in the first half into TD's, even though we had the lead we had.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, as a side note. On the play where we did get to the Seattle 2-yard line. The original play that took us there, and then someone, I'm not 100% sure who, maybe someone can help me out, but they got an unsportsmanlike penalty flag for running over and getting in the face of one of the Seahawks players who was on the floor. I understand passion and I understand emotion, but do these guys not understand the consequences of such? We're at the Seattle 2-yard line...reel it in, compose yourself and punch in the TD. I know we got a second down eventually at the 1 but that isn't the point; stupid, unnecessary flags cost games.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts