Official Raiders studs and duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Offense seemed to click better when they had Jones, Cobb and Abby on the field and Adams and Janis on the sidelines. Haven't watched the game again to be 100% sure of this, but I've seen enough of both Abby and Adams to leave Abby in at #3 for awhile.

Our D is going to get tested big time in Arizona, I like the rookies but let's hope Shields is back.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure if it's raining or cold the roof will be closed.

Yes ...

That was my thinking...We can truly see if the play calling issue is fixed since last two game sit was down pouring..Cant judge the play calling properly,

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Where was Dix today? Besides the one celebration penalty that he initiated by lifting Randall's legs off the ground after the pick 6, I rarely saw him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can be a good thing for a secondary player to not be seen.
True and False. Like seeing him and Hyde in there helping on coverage, tackles or blitzing.

Speaking of no shows, Clay doesn't even show up in the box score for anything? Was he that invisible out there?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Someone in chat kept wondering why I said def got us 14..Even Mm said def spotted them 14

He got pissed at Jason Wilde---3:50 mark....

Can you get to where you want the team to be...

He told the Jason---- we are right where we want to be..Doesnt want to hear "style" points, you can flush that talk... Im tired of talking about the negativties...

We won ten games, we lost 3 games with last play of the game..and Denver beat us..

Thats over view of our season and we go for # 11 next week.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Someone in chat kept wondering why I said def got us 14..Even Mm said def spotted them 14

We were up 14-0 and had a total of 18 yards on offense and 1 first down. Was watching the game with friends and one said "The Packers are playing awesome!" I laughed and said "yeah on Defense, but again the offense is a no show." Even one of the announcers said "with the way Rodgers is playing, the Raiders really need to get going"......I will take Joe and Troy any game over those two clowns today.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We were up 14-0 and had a total of 18 yards on offense and 1 first down. Was watching the game with friends and one said "The Packers are playing awesome!" I laughed and said "yeah on Defense, but again the offense is a no show." Even one of the announcers said "with the way Rodgers is playing, the Raiders really need to get going"......I will take Joe and Troy any game over those two clowns today.

One was Barber---not sure who other one was...I cant stand Barber..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'll take a road win any time against any team, especially a desperate team like the Raiders were today. But had Carr not thrown those 2 picks, allowing our defense to keep us in the game, it may have been a long day and quite a hole to come back from before our offense finally decided to show up. I still prefer the game MM calls, but the offense needs to clean up its mistakes and get the running and passing game more consistent for this team to beat the teams ahead of them.

Mat Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take a road win any time against any team, especially a desperate team like the Raiders were today. But had Carr not thrown those 2 picks, allowing our defense to keep us in the game, it may have been a long day and quite a hole to come back from before our offense finally decided to show up. I still prefer the game MM calls, but the offense needs to clean up its mistakes and get the running and passing game more consistent for this team to beat the teams ahead of them.
You can't look at it like that. If they didn't score points they don't win games. We'll that's how it is. Games play out the way games play out. You call plays based on score, personnel, and situation. Those things were what they were. At the end of the day the team did what they needed to do to win. The picks happened and that's the reality.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You can't look at it like that. If they didn't score points they don't win games. We'll that's how it is. Games play out the way games play out. You call plays based on score, personnel, and situation. Those things were what they were. At the end of the day the team did what they needed to do to win. The picks happened and that's the reality.

I wasn't implying removing the 14 points off the scoreboard and we lose. Of course, things may have played out differntly. We could have still won (or lost the game). What I said was "had Carr not thrown those 2 picks, allowing our defense to keep us in the game, it may have been a long day " I just don't see an offensive start like we had today winning us many games in the future against a quality opponent on the road.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I know some dont like to hear it, but our def is a stud..

They did have a lapse at some points during the game, Some rushing, but if not for them, this may have been a blow out by half time...

They do give up some yards, but again they hold them out of the endzone..Then as 2nd half went on, the def did start to get big stops..

JJ did have some good catches

With it raining Im still not sold on play calling..

Next week should be true test
So are you saying your dud was the play calling?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I will go out on a limb and say....
Stud: Was the weather it helped the Packers more than hurt them, Mason Crosby even the blocked kick did not effect game, Cobb tougher than his size
Duds: punting, Masstay needs more practice, Penaltys its week 14 guys,

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a nice return though, but overall he was a dud.

His biggest screw up was on the interception. He was with the 2 DBs and inexplicably faded back into the endzone and didn't even contend for the ball. Don't understand what the hell he was thinking.

He's definitely a special teams stud at the moment.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Bryan Bulaga
Jeff Janis
Quinten Rollins
John Kuhn
Jake Ryan

Duds:
Aaron Rodgers
Eddie Lacy
Clay Matthews
Davante Adams

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starting to think this whole Play Calling VS. Execution is becoming The Chicken and The Egg argument.

No matter what game you call, without execution of said plays you are going to have problems. But proper execution of ill timed plays doesn't work either.

IMO, besides the going for a 50 yard field goal at the end there, MM called a pretty decent game. He tried to establish the running game, which was successful last week. When that wasn't working, he put Cobb and Kuhn in the backfield together and that alone seemed to totally confuse the Raiders defense and sparked the offense.

But until the offense cleans up its mistakes and gets some consistency on the run pass game, it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh was in there calling plays.