Official Raiders studs and duds

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know some dont like to hear it, but our def is a stud..

They did have a lapse at some points during the game, Some rushing, but if not for them, this may have been a blow out by half time...

They do give up some yards, but again they hold them out of the endzone..Then as 2nd half went on, the def did start to get big stops..

JJ did have some good catches

With it raining Im still not sold on play calling..

Next week should be true test

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to say who was a stud and dud. A number of players had some really good plays, but also some bad plays. Few clear studs or duds to me.

One definite dud is the weather. I am sick of playing in the rain, third time in the last four games.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be really interesting to see if our receivers and backs look different at all in the Arizona weather.

Studs...
-I was really happy with how o-line played.
-Jake Ryan again looking pretty decent.
-James Jones carried more of the receiving load than I'd expect him to.

Duds...
-Lacy was just a slug today again.
-More WR drops... will single out Adams again, because it's a continuing source of frustration.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to be really interesting to see if our receivers and backs look different at all in the Arizona weather.

Studs...

Duds...
-More WR drops... will single out Adams again, because it's a continuing source of frustration.

Janis had a big drop too....maybe that's why they haven't been playing him. I was a little disappointed.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis had a big drop too....maybe that's why they haven't been playing him. I was a little disappointed.
He had a nice return though, but overall he was a dud.

His biggest screw up was on the interception. He was with the 2 DBs and inexplicably faded back into the endzone and didn't even contend for the ball. Don't understand what the hell he was thinking.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a nice return though, but overall he was a dud.

His biggest screw up was on the interception. He was with the 2 DBs and inexplicably faded back into the endzone and didn't even contend for the ball. Don't understand what the hell he was thinking.
You can't blame Janis on that one.
That ball was uncontestable by him.
That interception was because of a poor decision and a poor throw by Rodgers.
That interception was all on Rodgers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't blame Janis on that one.
That ball was uncontestable by him.
That interception was because of a poor decision and a poor throw by Rodgers.
That interception was all on Rodgers.
Bad throw by Rodgers and bad decision by him. But Janis can't do anything about that, he has to do all he can to make that reception. If you see the replay from along the endzone, he is alongside the 2 DBs running along the goal line. As they start to jump, he drifts back 2 yards into the endzone. If he stayed on his line and jumped, he is much taller than both of those guys, he has a decent shot of coming down with it. I guess he just mis-judged where the ball was going to come down.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers threw it up because he was throwing to janis. Who imo could've skyed over the defenders and got it. Instead he didn't and rodgers was picked........ Janis can't expect too many more opportunities like that.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad throw by Rodgers and bad decision by him. But if you see the replay from along the endzone, he is alongside the 2 DBs running along the goal line. As they start to jump, he drifts back 2 yards into the endzone. If he stayed on his line and jumped, he is much taller than both of those guys, he has a decent shot of coming down with it. I guess he just mis-judged where the ball was going to come down.
I saw his momentum taking him deeper in the end zone.
Who would think that the ball wouldn't be thrown deep in the end zone when you are trying to score.
Everybody has seen Rodgers throw to the back corner of the end zone 100 times.
This time he threw it 3 yards short of the end zone.
Bad decision, bad throw by Rodgers.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was more upset by Janis' drop on a short slant route just outside the end zone, earlier in the game...

Janis has all the physical gifts in the world, but he's a crap WR...

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pick was 100% on Rodgers. One of the most questionable decisions I've ever seen him make.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Studs...

Duds...
What weather?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall, solid game and good win.

Stud: Defense - two picks leading to 14 points and shut down the Raiders in the 4th.

Dud: Leaving points on the board with the fumble, INT, and blocked FG.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Stud:
D for most of game
JJ
Team winning? Not a whole lot of individual stars..but the team won after being down on the road in the rain..on the west coast. It's impressive to win on the road in the NFL.

Dud:
Lacy..didnt get any blocking, but it would it would be nice if he could be consistent.
Janis. Minus the good return, made mistakes.
Still waiting on Davante to show up. I'm losing hope.
as always...injuries.

This strange strange season continues. I've never felt more unsure of a 10 win team.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I said that today as well....The "play calling" last two games maybe isnt true test as it was pouring?