Official Packers vs Chargers

G

GhostofCurly

Easy to negatively judge a player you don't see very often. What Rivers has been able to do with the rag tag mix and match assortment of offensive linemen has been nothing short of spectacular. But you have to see the games to realize that.
So you're saying he is on the same level as Brady/Rodgers?

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
So you're saying he is on the same level as Brady/Rodgers?

Level doesn't matter very much unless you are collecting fantasy points or negotiating salary. Rivers has a fantastic arm. He can hit a target the size of a bread basket from fifty yards away. I remember at the beginning thinking, holy crap... Brees would have never made that throw. The problem is he runs like a wounded moose.

Make Brady or Rodgers a San Diego Charger right now... the results don't change much.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Level doesn't matter very much unless you are collecting fantasy points or negotiating salary. Rivers has a fantastic arm. He can hit a target the size of a bread basket from fifty yards away. I remember at the beginning thinking, holy crap... Brees would have never made that throw. The problem is he runs like a wounded moose.

Make Brady or Rodgers a San Diego Charger right now... the results don't change much.

I agree that rivers is a fantastic qb. Easily top 10 in the league, arguably top 5. But Rodgers and Brady are on a whole other level. It's not really arguable at this point to say rivers is in the same tier as Brady n Rodgers as far as being a qb. This is coming from a guy who lives in San Diego and watches more charger games than I would like. And I'm a big fan of rivers, I always defend him, even against charger fans.

G

GhostofCurly

Seriously? Rodgers succeeded for years with a poor oline. Brady and Rodgers both get rid of the ball quickly. Sorry but Rivers is not on the level of Brady or Rodgers.

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rivers is not worthy of Rodgers/Brady comparisons. Heck...not even Brees. He's a great QB no doubt, but not the top tier elite.

G

GhostofCurly

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Having entered your halls of worship, perhaps it may be more prudent to make comparisons to the level of Favre. :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Brett Hundley
Davante Adams
Morgan Burnett
Alonzo Harris
Nick Perry
Lane Taylor
B.J. Raji

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Seriously? Rodgers succeeded for years with a poor oline. Brady and Rodgers both get rid of the ball quickly. Sorry but Rivers is not on the level of Brady or Rodgers.

You don't read the memos. Apparently that was all Norv Turner's fault. :roflmao:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're wearing our "new" throw backs I believe. I saw them and they're sick imo. You guys/gals agree? We look like a college team Lol.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/28/9059873/packers-alternate-throwback-jerseys-nike-2015-season
Everyone hates them, I don't think they're that horrible.
I like them too.

Fan #4! I think they look really good. Pants look a little diarrheay, but not that bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

Look no one is saying that Rivers isn't a good QB but to say he is on the same level as Rodgers'Brady is a bit foolish.

He's capable of playing like an elite QB which he proved yesterday, he hasn't been able to do it constantly though.

Last edited by a moderator:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't quite put my finger on what's going on with GB right now. The running game is almost non-existent, but I can't tell if it's a running back problem, or an O line problem. Without a running game, the O has basically become one dimensional, and the only reason they're doing as well as they are is because of our phenomenal QB. The D has saved the last 3 games for us, and I'm afraid to find out how poorly the O will be on the road. They weren't good on the road when they were killing teams at home, but now the O will probably struggle to score at all if they go up against a good D. I really can't tell what's going on with the team right now, but they should be killing teams like SD at home....

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of Rogers' "mistiming" has to do with the revolving door of receivers. We were outplayed yesterday and won, which is hard to complain about. But unless we learn to control the LOS on both sides of the ball week after week, it will be a short playoff run.

Members online

Latest posts