Official Pack vs Viks studs n duds

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just copy and paste my comment from last years *** kicking from the Saints. Idk but this feels like a season where we got 10-7 and miss the playoffs. Yes it’s only week 1 but we do not have any dynamic players on offense outside of Rodgers and the o line is a mess. Throw in the fact Rodgers didn’t like rookie wrs and yea. 10-7

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
O-line
Watson dropped touchdown was inexcusable. Didn't this guy hold out for more money? Haha
The rest of the receivers.
Secondary
Matt LaFleur

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just copy and paste my comment from last years *** kicking from the Saints. Idk but this feels like a season where we got 10-7 and miss the playoffs. Yes it’s only week 1 but we do not have any dynamic players on offense outside of Rodgers and the o line is a mess. Throw in the fact Rodgers didn’t like rookie wrs and yea. 10-7
Holy crap..you avoid all off season then come to spout?

Lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hard to pick studs in a lopsided score like that but I'll start with those.
Preston and Clark I though played hard all game. Lowry even showed up a few times but not enough to be a stud IMO. But good game.
Offensively Dillon and Jones played hard all game, they were about the only thing keeping this offense going. Maybe not stud worthy, but at least noteworthy.
Nobody else qualifies for even consideration on offense.

Duds?
DB's in general were poor. Alexander played well, but overall guys were running free all over back there. Too much miscommunication. I think Stokes in particular had a bad game, I think he was responsible for first TD being flat footed on a receiver in motion at the snap. Maybe it was the LB'er that was supposed to take him, I don't know for sure.

Oline, particularly the right side was rough today. Got their ***** handed to them snap after snap in pass pro.
Watson, could have started with a bang, instead he dropped a perfect pass for an easy TD. You better go 9-190 and 2 TD's after that or you're a dud.

Too many mistakes by someone on too many plays leaving MN with some easy football. Good news is, when we played well, we were pretty good. We'll be ok but they have work to do.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
All except Dillon and Jones and maybe Clark.

Studs:
None

The O-Line was horrible.
ARod held the ball too long. There's no chemistry.
Play calling was dreary.
D-Line was ineffective.
Secondary was crap.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn’t expect much from the offense so today’s outcome wasn’t too big a surprise. They looked flat, unprepared and defeated as soon as the first pass was dropped.

O-line was particularly disappointing. Hate to see Rodgers take that kind of beating so early in the season.

Dillon and Jones were good.

Defense was for the most part bad across the board.

Play calling, especially on 4th down, was not impressive.

On the bright side, our ST wasn’t awful.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs. Gee I don't know. I'm sure there was one or two guys that had good games. Dillon and Jones. Run defense was ok.

Duds. MATT LEFLUER!!! I'm losing my patience with this guy. Has them completely unprepared to play Week 1 for the second year in a row and has the audacity to question the effort and execution of his players in the first half. Play your starters some in the preseason!!!

Savage: Remember when we all thought he was good?

Defensive game plan: Maybe it would've been smart to put Alexander on Jefferson from the start and not wait until the second half.

Offensive line: This unit is going to get steamrolled until Bakh and Jenkins come back, and I have doubts Bakh will come back at all.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Dillon, Gary, Clark, Walker

Duds: Rodgers, Newman, Hanson, secondary as a whole, run defense, Watson

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe those are our best 5 linemen even w/o Jenkins and Bach.
Pass rush was sporadic. Savage could not have done much.
Doubs did OK and Jones had a really nice run. Not sure why Lafleur seemed to want to go to Dillon all the time.
Q looked good on a bunch of plays. Did he get hurt or something?
But I'm just here right now because I'm a *********.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds. MATT LEFLUER!!! I'm losing my patience with this guy. Has them completely unprepared to play Week 1 for the second year in a row and has the audacity to question the effort and execution of his players in the first half. Play your starters some in the preseason!!!
He has his team unprepared in the playoffs, too.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to see much positive out of that game. Best hope is that it's a one-off and they bounce back like last year.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Ty what do ya tink of da place?

Its really...awful.

Studs: Our two and only RBs on the roster

Duds:

Paddlehands Watley - way to open up the offense with a drop 6.
Hanson/Newman - lots of patty cake and very little pancake.
Stokes - looked like he wasnt sure which zone pick ups were his.
DC - lets play zone and let Jefferson run wild. beautiful.
Savage - dont know what is going on w him, caught flat footed on a few of these intermediate coverages.

All in all, that was a predictable flat 4th preseason game. Barnes gone for the year and Q hurt, and chicken voila now have ILB issues if McDuffie isnt ready for prime time.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOW YOU PRACTICE IS HOW YOU PLAY.

This fear based mentality of take it easy in preseason and don't play starters, tip toe around because you could get injured HAS TO STOP.

Injuries are unpredictable and can happened anytime. You can't fk.. go around every day thinking Imy players going to get injured so I won't play em or we practice half speed no talking etc..

Ypu keep preaching this **** sooner ir later they all walking around believing that **** and find a way to get injured as a result of it.
Go fkin.. practice like there is no tomorrow or like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Are O-line is a disaster. O-line coach who knows might not be the same genius we had last year.
Receivers old, or young and playing without any fk.. confidence.
D# WTF

I know it's 1 game but j expected more then this from out D# offense was a question mark, we all knew.

If for any reason this season goes sideways its time to Fire the fruitcake of a coach and hide something with some fk.. toughest or promote Bisaccia to replace pretty boy and kick thus guys ***.

Over all I'm fk. Pist off.

I can support a team that fights and l9ses but tonight they played like a bunch of bitc...s devoid of any confidence and passion.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
HOW YOU PRACTICE IS HOW YOU PLAY.

This fear based mentality of take it easy in preseason and don't play starters, tip toe around because you could get injured HAS TO STOP.

Injuries are unpredictable and can happened anytime. You can't fk.. go around every day thinking Imy players going to get injured so I won't play em or we practice half speed no talking etc..

Ypu keep preaching this **** sooner ir later they all walking around believing that **** and find a way to get injured as a result of it.
Go fkin.. practice like there is no tomorrow or like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Are O-line is a disaster. O-line coach who knows might not be the same genius we had last year.
Receivers old, or young and playing without any fk.. confidence.
D# WTF

I know it's 1 game but j expected more then this from out D# offense was a question mark, we all knew.

If for any reason this season goes sideways its time to Fire the fruitcake of a coach and hide something with some fk.. toughest or promote Bisaccia to replace pretty boy and kick thus guys ***.

Over all I'm fk. Pist off.

I can support a team that fights and l9ses but tonight they played like a bunch of bitc...s devoid of any confidence and passion.
Just extended MLF. Going no where.

Sleep it off

Reaction score
I’m just going to say

Stud: Dillon.
AJ Dillon was our lead receiver today.
That pretty much said it all.

We’re already light in experience at WR and we lose our most Experienced Perimeter guy (Lazard) the week of the season starter.

Truth be told they did give up a couple big plays, but otherwise the D gave our O multiple opportunities to get in the game also. 7 points? Even 14 points would’ve been meager. Listen. This MN are not slouches. They are likely a 10-11 Win team. We were stale on D and only gave up 23 points to a pretty good Offense. Had we had another legit veteran WR and a couple regulars at OT?
We probably squeak out a Win

Last edited:

Latest posts