Official Pack vs Viks studs n duds

D

Deleted member 6794

The biggest duds were the coaches. How many eggs have they laid under MLF now?

I think we're going to be in for a loooong season of ugly offense. The D needs to step up in a big way.

I'm surprised how many fans overreact to a loss in week 1 considering the Packers found themselves in the same situation last year.

How many eggs? You'll have to explain yourself further because typically that means when you put up zero...which under MLF we have never done in regular seasons or playoffs....we've only scored less than 10 twice before this past Sunday (Week 12 in 2019 losing 37-8 vs 49ers..and Week 1 2021 vs Saints losing 38-3).

If you mean just losing in general....which I doubt, it's been VERY few times. As you no doubt know MLF has been 39-9 in his first three seasons, putting him now at 39-10 in regular season. Playoffs he is 2-3 of course.

Don't forget that the Packers scored less than 10 points in Love's first start at Kansas City last year as well.

In addition remember the league added another regular season game starting last year ;)

MLF has a wonderful regular season record in a bottom feeder division, congratulations.

FWIW the Packers actually defeated the eventual Super Bowl winner in two of MLF's three seasons.

They just weren't able to play up to potential in the playoffs for some reason.

Everyone is well aware of the failings in the Playoffs....TERRIBLE all around game against the 49ers at home last year and the collapse against the Buccs before that, however it appeared we were talking about regular season and not playoffs.

I don't agree the Packers played ann all around terrible game against the Niners in the playoffs last year. The defense was excellent in that one.

No the National Football League is no place for woosies. The players earn a ton of money and each one needs to do His job week in and week out. Yes it’s a tough business but they are being paid to do their jobs! Matt’s job and the rest of the coaches jobs are to have them ready to do their jobs. They sure DIDN’T look ready against the Vikings. Plenty of blame to go around and now since I live on the border with MN I have to listen to all the bragging from the Viking fans!!!

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers getting blown out week 1 last year has nothing to do with this season. Let's not forget that last year's team was extremely fortunate getting to face 8 backup or rookie QBs. They'd go 8-0 in those games. And a measly 5-5 against teams with their starting QB.

And now this year we're missing two elite OL, and an elite WR. I'm keeping my expectations low.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Black Earth is near Madison. My dad used to play BBall games on the road in the small town of LaCrosse. A different one then.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers getting blown out week 1 last year has nothing to do with this season. Let's not forget that last year's team was extremely fortunate getting to face 8 backup or rookie QBs. They'd go 8-0 in those games. And a measly 5-5 against teams with their starting QB.

Those numbers aren't correct. The Packers faced a total of five rookie or backup quarterbacks last season (Fields twice, Heinicke, Huntely and Mannion).

And I actually expect my highest paid, 4X MVP to make a couple plays when the season was on the line to score a few more points.

While Rodgers didn't play up to potential by any means he can't score points on his own.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Black Earth is near Madison. My dad used to play BBall games on the road in the small town of LaCrosse. A different one then.
The Black River runs through the north side of LaCrosse.

Edit: Black Earth is the hometown of former MLB pitcher Gene Brabender made famous by Jim Bouton's book, "Ball Four" which incidentally is the funniest sports book I've ever read. It created a total $hitstorm throughout MLB.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with the disagreement, however the OL played bad, no other way to put it. As I said Tom should be a starter, I don't care if that means you sit Hanson, Newman or Runyan. Tom IMO is one of our best 5 even with Jenkins and Bakh in there.
I'm beginning to think Back isn't going to make it back.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Black River runs through the north side of LaCrosse.

Edit: Black Earth is the hometown of former MLB pitcher Gene Brabender made famous by Jim Bouton's book, "Ball Four" which incidentally is the funniest sports book I've ever read. It created a total $hitstorm throughout MLB.
I guess I was thinking of Cross Plains. It is the Black Earth Creek that goes through Black Earth. My uncle flyfished the whole thing many times.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't use Deguara as the FB there on the goal line if they were gonna go for it.
MLF just has not done enough with goal line offense. We saw this even in his first season.

Reaction score
MLF just has not done enough with goal line offense. We saw this even in his first season.
I agree. There’s a few other questionable calls also. In Qtr4 we had driven all the way down to about the 20 yard line to score. It was 3rd and 1 and we threw a split sec pass to Watson but he didn’t turn in time. That left 4th n 1 with just over 4 minutes from the 20 yard line. I’d go for the 1 yard play there even if it cost me a Timeout.
We Went low probability 20 yarder. Game over.

That’s a play worthy of burning 23 sec to advance the chains. Give yourselves 4 tries from inside Redzone

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts