Official Niners studs n duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game. We played really well. Barnes getting hurt ... hurt. Just wanted to say that I think King will be playing for us this year and playing well. I think we kind of need everybody. Stokes has the corner position locked up now and that is good. I'm getting stoked about Stokes.
Don't want to give a dud to anyone. The refs did pretty much suck though.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - The officiating crew

The non-call on the intentional grounding before the end of the 1st half was outrageous. Completely inexcusable unless the refs are on the take.

Did the SNF announcers ever come back to that egregious non-call? Did they run that by their in-house official? I skipped the halftime and missed the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Collinsworth knew it was a bad call but the 49ers scored and then NBC went to break before he could say more. It 100% cost the Packers 7 points and needed to be discussed. Outrageous!

D

Deleted member 6794

Most of the things I wanted to come up have been posted by now but there's one thing I haven't read so far.

I don't know who is to blame for it but there's absolutely no excuse for taking the field with 7:48 left in the game, up by three points, with a chance to put the game away with a drive eating up a lot of time but instead throwing deep three times in a row to give the Niners the ball back with only 30 seconds off the clock.

Overall, the Packers played a pretty good game but in my opinion are throwing the ball too deep on too many occasions.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Crosby, Adams, Jones, J. Alexander, whoever caused the fumble

No one did...Clark coming down on him made him try and tuck it but essentially spiked it backwards making it a fumble and not a pass - Clark never touched him till after the ball was on the ground.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the things I wanted to come up have been posted by now but there's one thing I haven't read so far.

I don't know who is to blame for it but there's absolutely no excuse for taking the field with 7:48 left in the game, up by three points, with a chance to put the game away with a drive eating up a lot of time but instead throwing deep three times in a row to give the Niners the ball back with only 30 seconds off the clock.

Overall, the Packers played a pretty good game but in my opinion are throwing the ball too deep on too many occasions.

One time I got, but I agree unless Rodgers canned a run to a pass at the line I struggle with the playcalling there as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dud on MLF for leaving 3 points on the field.

I understand that fans might have preferred the Packers to kick a field goal on that play but the Niners having to start from the 4-yard line instead of possibly at the 25 contributed to them not being able to attempt a field goal on their next drive.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Adams
Jaire
Crosby
Mason
Rodgers

Duds
Defense
Special teams kickoff coverage

Man our defense Cant be trusted. Ive run out of things to say about that side of the ball. They are going to cost us a couple games we should have win until they add some better pieces in key spots. Like slot corner and lb

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I struggle mightedly with anyone listing studs and excluding OL. I cannot get over how impressed I am of how that line held up when I would have bet serious money Rodgers was gonna be running for his life at times, if not often.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No hands will be raised

I told wife, 31 to 10
Sounded like crap to me. Announcers these days are instructed to always make the officials look good when they can. Looked like lazy officiating.
My understanding is that by league decree, the back judge is no longer positioned behind the play which as we saw opens up this type of situation where the play is not seen by all angles. Too many plays of this type will bring that change into serious review or they will need to allow a post play review allowing a penalty to be called after camera review.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bosa started the game on fire, but whatever adjustments the Packers made… it worked. Didn’t hear his name much after the first quarter.
They isolated a play where Tonyan took him out. Did just enough so Bosa couldn't get to the play.

It's been a while since I saw a Packer defense and I thought, great game plan. So hats off to Berry. Maybe the whole not playing starters in preseason thing required some time to get them to play better together.

True stars last night, was the Offensive Line. 2 rookies, a first year player, a 2nd year player making his first start, and 1 experienced vet. They did very well and the play calling/game plan helped. Another tip o the hat to our oline coach.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I understand that fans might have preferred the Packers to kick a field goal on that play but the Niners having to start from the 4-yard line instead of possibly at the 25 contributed to them not being able to attempt a field goal on their next drive.
I was one of them. I immediately said, "take the 3". For me, and I know that stats can argue my point, I'm tired of the "new, young, fresh" coaches constantly going for it on 4th down. I get it occasionally, and sure, it would have put the 9ers in a huge hole. However, it was early in the game and it was off a turnover. Basically free points. Take the stinking points! To come away with nothing off a turnover just doesn't jive with me.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud- Yosh Nijman. My bar was super low for him going against Bosa. Much better than expected.
Dud- Me. I thought this would be the same Packer team to fold in California/Florida 38-17. Had a lot of heart tonight.
Dang I felt that. I was one of the folks who thought we was going to take a pounding as well. This team has a lot of resiliency

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
There really hasn't been anything said that I could add. Regardless, I'm going to say it anyway because I like talking football.

Studs:
Oline: They won the night for me. I thought they were going to get eaten alive.
Defense: They put way more pressure on Jimmy G. than I thought they would. Preston Smith was a big part of that.
Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Crosby...

Duds:
Kick coverage again. It gets old watching big returns against us. I just don't get why we can't figure that out.
That's really all I have. I know we gave up 28 points, but I thought it was a well played game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don’t tell Wimm…
I think this Crosby performance should add at least another year onto Captain having to keep his signature, which currently reads:

"@Pokerbrat2000 was right, Mason Crosby is one of the top kickers of all times. I love him, worth every penny. UDFA Kickers, what a nightmare!"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one did...Clark coming down on him made him try and tuck it but essentially spiked it backwards making it a fumble and not a pass - Clark never touched him till after the ball was on the ground.
I was worried they might call a tuck rule. Maybe they changed that?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they got to midfield in a heartbeat.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was one of them. I immediately said, "take the 3". For me, and I know that stats can argue my point, I'm tired of the "new, young, fresh" coaches constantly going for it on 4th down. I get it occasionally, and sure, it would have put the 9ers in a huge hole. However, it was early in the game and it was off a turnover. Basically free points. Take the stinking points! To come away with nothing off a turnover just doesn't jive with me.
There is so much pressure on them from fans and press to go for it. But that three points would have been nice later on.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They isolated a play where Tonyan took him out. Did just enough so Bosa couldn't get to the play.

It's been a while since I saw a Packer defense and I thought, great game plan. So hats off to Berry. Maybe the whole not playing starters in preseason thing required some time to get them to play better together.

True stars last night, was the Offensive Line. 2 rookies, a first year player, a 2nd year player making his first start, and 1 experienced vet. They did very well and the play calling/game plan helped. Another tip o the hat to our oline coach.
Adam Stenavich is proving once again that he possesses the midas touch. Give that man a raise!!!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Crosby-so reliable
Rodgers-1st half/final drive, some shakiness between
Adams-He's different
MVS-developing hands
O-line-I expected the youngsters to get devoured
Quick passing game to protect them
Preston Smith/Dean Lowry/Clark-Pass rush?
Campbell had a solid game
Stokes-some really tough calls, technique looked solid

Duds

Letting the play clock run down, wasting timeouts. Play with some tempo/get them on their heels

Throwing three straight incomplete bombs with a lead in the 4th to go 3 & out. Run once? Or at least a quick high-percentage rhythm throw?

Zone coverage

Me for this comment...
This will be another slaughter. Don't get your hopes up. There has been no indication thus far that we will win this game, or even compete.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great game for the Pack, but I can see why the 49'ers have basically given up on Garoppolo. He missed some wide open targets last night and really seems to have pretty poor pocket presence. All that said, the Packer defense also played much better for most of the game, so that's a good sign.

Also, have to say that its nice to finally have a punter that is doing his job and nobody is talking much about him because of it.

Corey Bojorquez Game stats:

GamePuntsLNGAVGNet AVGIN20TB
Sep 26
@
49ers
Sep 20
vs
Lions
Sep 12
@
Saints
Regular Season106348.0-4-

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Throwing three straight incomplete bombs with a lead in the 4th to go 3 & out.

Agreed! That would have been what everyone pointed to, had we lost last night. I just don't get that mentality of "go for broke" in that situation...even worse....3 times in a row! I have to think Rodgers audibled into at least 2, if not all 3 of those, thinking he had a homerun. Yes, the first throw to Adams should have gotten a personal foul penalty, but that still didn't make it the best play in that situation.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Crosby (obviously) Rodgers, Jones, offensive line, Campbell, Preston Smith.

Duds: Officials, special teams, run defense, red zone play calls
I'd add Davante as a stud. He literally took a beating out there last night and came thru, especially those last 2 catches.

ST was only a dud on that kick return. Yesterday was an epic day for Wisconsin sports!

Members online

Latest posts