Official Niners studs n duds

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they showed it during the game. Am I remembering wrong?
They may have. They showed so many shots from behind I may have missed it. I never really thought they jumped kinda figured Watt lined up offsides and they just called it on the wrong guy. Every critic is focused bon the movement of the ball and the timing that they may be missing the real culprit.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may have. They showed so many shots from behind I may have missed it. I never really thought they jumped kinda figured Watt lined up offsides and they just called it on the wrong guy. Every critic is focused bon the movement of the ball and the timing that they may be missing the real culprit.
It looked like Watt lined up offside. Just hard to tell from the back.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why nobody is talking about our basic mistake with lining up. Tonyan should not have a two on one against him in the most vulnerable spot on the field goal attempt. And SF almost blocked from the same spot. So we did not learn. It just seems like our ST coach does not make adjustments. He looks better because of our punter and Crosby but they don't have much to do with him...except if the kicks get blocked.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why nobody is talking about our basic mistake with lining up. Tonyan should not have a two on one against him in the most vulnerable spot on the field goal attempt. And SF almost blocked from the same spot. So we did not learn. It just seems like our ST coach does not make adjustments. He looks better because of our punter and Crosby but they don't have much to do with him...except if the kicks get blocked.
Good point. The blockers ran right around Tonyan, to either side. They didn't need the advantage of being off sides. And because Tonyan didn't know who to block, expecting help, he blocked no one. Ugly, ugly, ST play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, the fact that it is a subjective call and the fact that it can be such a huge penalty, are exactly why I would prefer that if its questionable, other eyes look at it in slow motion. Too many times we have seen a ref throw his flag when there wasn't enough to warrant it or it was actually offensive PI. All in all, I totally dislike PI in the NFL.

The league made pass interference reviewable in 2019 and it was a disaster. Other eyes taking a look at those plays definitely didn't result in any improvement.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The league made pass interference reviewable in 2019 and it was a disaster. Other eyes taking a look at those plays definitely didn't result in any improvement.
stop repeating yourself and ignoring what others have already said. It was pretty evident that the refs decided to ignore the league in 2019 and simply not overturn pass interference calls. The refs knew it was a trial and clearly didn’t like it, so they sabotaged it. We learned nothing from that year except that the refs have too much power in this game.

D

Deleted member 6794

stop repeating yourself and ignoring what others have already said. It was pretty evident that the refs decided to ignore the league in 2019 and simply not overturn pass interference calls. The refs knew it was a trial and clearly didn’t like it, so they sabotaged it. We learned nothing from that year except that the refs have too much power in this game.

I'm not ignoring what others have said but disagree with it. Subjective calls should not be subject to be reviewed.

Members online

Latest posts