Official Niners studs n duds

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs were impossibly bad in this game. This was a classic Packers game where they should have won by like 3-4 scores but it came down to the wire and they pulled it off, and that's been rare in the LaFleur era.

Massive win.
rare?? back to back 13-3 regular seasons…

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what a job by the offensive line and the kids up front.They won the battle against the 49ers front in both the run and pass. physical in the run game, and good job pass blocking. Rogers only sacked once and not under much pressure all night.
Lots of solid young OL talent. No doubt. And big guys too.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Adams: all over the place and exposing the sham of a D in SF.

Stokes: kid got called on phantom PI but he is a sticky quick covering machine. Huge upgrade over his predecessor.

Crosby: clutch is clutch!!

Wijman: comes in and does a good job at LT

Gary: got great pressure and really was a nice force at times today.

Campbell: thought he played pretty well outside.

Duds -

Officiating - missed intentional grounding(TD), ball hitting the ground and moving as a result as complete, helmet to helmet blind man ignorance, phantom PI on Stokes due to breathing on a WR on a desperation deep throw, Tripping joke call, George "Mike Irvin Push Off" Kittle OPI blind mice. Some of the worst homer striped :poop: I have ever seen...get this officiating crew out of the league - pathetic!

Berry - calling zone on 2 straight 3rd and long plays and not sending someone to finish Jimmy Statue.

Overall, I thought the defense was ok. The short yardage 3rd and 1 calls have got to improve. Playing zone in crunch time doesnt prevent anything. Our dline needs to start getting their hands up - there were opportunities today. AR12 was locked onto 17 too long but for the most part they were very good. I like the look of Stokes - wow - nice impression he is making actually covering!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I thought we were in for one of those horrible ref jobs in SF, per usual. We were well on our way to one of those jobs.
They tried. Surprised there wasn't a phantom false start on the last play.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rare?? back to back 13-3 regular seasons…
Should have clarified that they've rarely been in the position to do so, but besides the Bucs NFCCG and the Eagles game in 2019, all of La Fleurs' losses have been blowouts. This was nice.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Crosby, Adams, Jones, J. Alexander, whoever caused the fumble and Packers recovered. I am surprised and kinda excited about the defense. They were aggresive and they made Garappolo uncomfortable and caused at least 2 sacks...not sure how many. They also hurried Garappolo several times.

It's hard for me to designate anyone specifically as a Dud. There were some dud plays on both sides of the ball. But even if we had lost, I would have been proud of them. They played a smart game and did not give up any stupid plays that I can recall.

Wait I have a couple of duds. The officials not calling Intentional grounding on Garappolo before the half. Not flagging the hit on Davante that could have caused a concussion and the bogus roughing the passer penalty againt Alexander. :mad::mad:

I, glad to see that MVS got a TD. But I still think that Rodgers looks for Davante too much. On the last drive before they had to give the ball back to the 49ers, Rodgers over threw Adams. But on replay to the right, Tonyan was open.

All in all I thought that it was an entertaining game. So glad they won.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I actually thought it was a rare bad game for Jaire tonight. And bad for him only means 3 or 4 bad plays, because that's just how damn good he is. But he had a few rough moments.

Stokes though? The kid belongs...he and Jaire will be a hell of a duo.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to thank the Packers for proving me wrong at least for the time being. 1 regular season game win does not a SB champion make but that win gives me a real boost. I had expected to not give a damn about this season but I must admit that game got my juices stirred up again. That looked like a totally different team tonight. Gotta believe that the coaching staff is doing something right. Still a lot of questions to be answered but for now at least, very exciting. I still have to see more from #12 especially attitude wise. Maybe too many bridges have been burned for me to forgive and forget. My stubborness is a witch.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually thought it was a rare bad game for Jaire tonight. And bad for him only means 3 or 4 bad plays, because that's just how damn good he is. But he had a few rough moments.

Stokes though? The kid belongs...he and Jaire will be a hell of a duo.
Correct and correct. If they don't call that horrible DPI call on Stokes, this game would have been closed easy.

Keep playing the rook. He's a first-round pick in 2021. Keep playing him.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why that tae Adams play didn't get a call from upstairs. They installed the "ref in the sky" specifically for plays like this.

Duds: Overall, ref work was awful tonight. Lots of calls both ways, but a major lot of them were either no flags calls (tae, grounding,) and really bad calls (our pi when tae was not catching it, that tripping, the roughing on JA... The not overturned challenge when the ball bounced off the ground).

****** work tonight from refs all around.

Studs: I'm gonna call on our D coordinator. Way better gameplan than I expected.
Oline- amazing considering situation.
Punter is step one in fixing our ST play. Good signing.

Good game tonight. Going to bed happy.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Stud: 37second Rodgers offense
Major Stud was Crosby’s, 51 yard facial, of the 9ers and their friendly REFS
Duds:Blowing a 17 pt lead, the replacement Refs, wasted time outs

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I have had my share of ref gripes, but to not call that penalty on the Adams hit, which IMO should have been flagrant,and unsportsmanlike, and then call one of the most ticky tack roughing the passer calls on Stokes, is one of the main reasons I believe the league should consider challenges to certain calls like that

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still lol at @OkieCheesehead for saying run Def is a dud
The stat line looked good, but I think they can be a little misleading at times. Look at the time of possession. Packers dominated the TOP and the Niners offense was hardly on the field. Simple dive plays, power, stretch concepts were eating up the front 7. Primary force defenders were rushing way too far up field (Gary). Secondary force was hardly seen against outside running concepts. They stepped up big time, but just little things like that is what I noticed. Maybe I’m being too critical lol. Just glad we got the win!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot help but think the refs were biased.

On one play, they completely miss a helmet-to-helmet spear hit on a helpless receiver called Adams. Then they call a roughing the passer that wouldn’t have been considered out of line at a Pee Wee touch football game between 8 year olds. Garapallo was barely touched by Alexander’s hands. Alexander couldn’t have stopped in mid-air. Nor did Garapallo even fall to the ground.
The Tae hit was abusrd. He's arguably the best WR in football. If anything, those players GET calls. Makes no sense.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The stat line looked good, but I think they can be a little misleading at times. Look at the time of possession. Packers dominated the TOP and the Niners offense was hardly on the field. Simple dive plays, power, stretch concepts were eating up the front 7. Primary force defenders were rushing way too far up field (Gary). Secondary force was hardly seen against outside running concepts. They stepped up big time, but just little things like that is what I noticed. Maybe I’m being too critical lol. Just glad we got the win!
3.2 yards per carry

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburg can't run the ball. it'll be all about getting pressure on Big Ben.
Absolutely. Hoping to see Barry dial up a fair amount of 5 man pressure and get to the QB. It’s been disappointing that we haven’t seen more stunts so far this year. 4 man rush has looked awful

Latest posts