Official Niners studs n duds

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot help but think the refs were biased.

On one play, they completely miss a helmet-to-helmet spear hit on a helpless receiver called Adams. Then they call a roughing the passer that wouldn’t have been considered out of line at a Pee Wee touch football game between 8 year olds. Garapallo was barely touched by Alexander’s hands. Alexander couldn’t have stopped in mid-air. Nor did Garapallo even fall to the ground.

Then there was the missed intentional grounding of the ball right before half.

Take the bad performance by the refs away and the 49ers don’t come close.

Good game Packers. You beat the 49ers and the refs.
You forgot the bogus PI on Stokes. Simply touching a guy isn't PI if it doesn't impede the receiver's movement. It was a bail-out call and it gave SF 7 points eventually. We outplayed them by a much bigger margin than the score would suggest. Should have been about 30-17.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

On one play, they completely miss a helmet-to-helmet spear hit on a helpless receiver called Adams. Then they call a roughing the passer that wouldn’t have been considered out of line at a Pee Wee touch football game between 8 year olds. Garapallo was barely touched by Alexander’s hands. Alexander couldn’t have stopped in mid-air. Nor did Garapallo even fall to the ground.

The on air ref expert claimed the way the refs are sitting hurt the adams play.

He claims the back judge couldnt see..I think it was something about how they are positioned now? As compared to before?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

He claims the back judge couldnt see..I think it was something about how they are positioned now? As compared to before?
After I watched it for the 4th or 5th time, I see what he was saying. Still unacceptable.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot the bogus PI on Stokes. Simply touching a guy isn't PI if it doesn't impede the receiver's movement. It was a bail-out call and it gave SF 7 points eventually. We outplayed them by a much bigger margin than the score would suggest. Should have been about 30-17.
There were so many bad calls and no calls it's hard to keep track

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounded like crap to me. Announcers these days are instructed to always make the officials look good when they can. Looked like lazy officiating.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs were impossibly bad in this game. This was a classic Packers game where they should have won by like 3-4 scores but it came down to the wire and they pulled it off, and that's been rare in the LaFleur era.

Massive win.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounded like crap to me. Announcers these days are instructed to always make the officials look good when they can. Looked like lazy officiating.
those on air ref do a good job..I dont think they stick up for anyone.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Ok, I didn’t know that.

Its just that, in general, it seems to me that the refs have been very good at calling those types of hits and getting the defenders to modify how they tackle (I.e. not by leading with the crown of your helmet).

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what a job by the offensive line and the kids up front.They won the battle against the 49ers front in both the run and pass. physical in the run game, and good job pass blocking. Rogers only sacked once and not under much pressure all night.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
what a job by the offensive line and the kids up front.They won the battle against the 49ers front in both the run and pass. physical in the run game, and good job pass blocking. Rogers only sacked once and not under much pressure all night.
The coaches deserve credit. Robert was blocking Bosa, as was Lazard

PFanCan

Reaction score
The key was Gary and Smith containing.
the 49ers couldn't get their signature pitch-wide runs going
I noted the same thing. Both ends did an excellent job of forcing the runners to go inside. In week one, we couldn’t contain all game.

PFanCan

Reaction score
my wife is a bit of a psychic. when the packers gave up the td at the end of the first half and i was griping about it, she told me that the packers would win but it would be a very close game.
Take her to Vegas. Roulette.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Honestly, I thought we were in for one of those horrible ref jobs in SF, per usual. We were well on our way to one of those jobs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts