Official Niners studs n duds

Reaction score
The defense actually played pretty well. If it wasn't for some phantom calls by the refs they would have given up only 14 points.
I was about to Pat you on the back I was practically in the clouds seeing this!
While the run defense was solid it definitely helped the Niners were short of an NFL caliber running back for the game.
Until I scrolled down and you ruined my buzz! :roflmao:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, and just like I said, I know what the stats say about going for it on 4th down. Just noting I didn't like it.
It is totally dependent on who you are playing, the tempo of the game, the score, and a miriad of other things. Anyone who looks at a stat sheet and says "well I guess we have to go for it" does not have much upstairs nor understands the game well. imo

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Buck is awful. In every sport.
I used to enjoy listening to the radio e.g., when I was in my car. I could certainly understand what was going on and a lot of the play by play announcers were good. I tried listening on you tube Sunday. All you can get are feeds from TV and I soon realized they don't explain the actual play so that you can really understand what is going on, and they talk about so much extraneous BS that it is almost worthless. Just so whoever can make the extra bucks that so few of us would actually use i.e., listen to the radio. Not always happy with the new society.

Reaction score
I used to enjoy listening to the radio e.g., when I was in my car. I could certainly understand what was going on and a lot of the play by play announcers were good. I tried listening on you tube Sunday. All you can get are feeds from TV and I soon realized they don't explain the actual play so that you can really understand what is going on, and they talk about so much extraneous BS that it is almost worthless. Just so whoever can make the extra bucks that so few of us would actually use i.e., listen to the radio. Not always happy with the new society.
Funny. Same here. I did that exact same thing. Some of the live feeds are just ridiculously bad. Total amateurs just rambling on. One SF guy drank various forms of alcohol to raise money? He’d chug a beer for $50. Heck there’s 50,000 people in WI that would do that for free!

My wife told me I could do a better job than these live feed hosts and I’m not sure if that was a compliment or not. :sneaky:

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, maybe his arm was being hit as he threw? I'm not sure how it all works. I know they used to have "in the grass" years ago. I'd think if a QB just spikes a ball right in front of him it's grounding vs throwing and getting hit and having his arm trajectory change and it goes right in front of him. But I honestly don't know if they have anything in the rules for that anymore or not?
Who is in the grass?! Some Englishman are stoned to the bejeezus....

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I was just looking at the box score and I know that stats do not tell the whole story, but I think Gary might have to be added to the "duds" column.

He had zero tackles and 0.5 sacks. What am I missing here? Did he not play almost the entire game? I mean, Ty Summers had 3 tackles for crying out loud.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just looking at the box score and I know that stats do not tell the whole story, but I think Gary might have to be added to the "duds" column.

He had zero tackles and 0.5 sacks. What am I missing here? Did he not play almost the entire game? I mean, Ty Summers had 3 tackles for crying out loud.
I believe towards the end, 2 plays in a row he disrupted Jimmy G...sometimes stat column doesnt tell whole story

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Like Longtime said, Gary was pressuring Garrapolo. It times I was amazed that the guy didn't get sacked. Seemed like the rushers were closing in on him a lot and he would magically get away.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I suggest you watch the game next time. Gary was disrupting Garapolo all night.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I strongly recommend never place judgement on anyone based solely on box score.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Guys, for crying out loud. I said that I know stats do not sometimes tell the whole story. I said he might and then I asked questions. I did not get to watch the 2nd half of the game due to having to work at 4:30 in the morning. I was being inquisitive.
I suggest you watch the game next time. Gary was disrupting Garapolo all night.
I strongly recommend never place judgement on anyone based solely on box score.
Thanks to those that were civil and answered the questions and gave feedback.
I believe towards the end, 2 plays in a row he disrupted Jimmy G...sometimes stat column doesnt tell whole story
Like Longtime said, Gary was pressuring Garrapolo. It times I was amazed that the guy didn't get sacked. Seemed like the rushers were closing in on him a lot and he would magically get away.
Jeepers, I just like talking football. What's with poking at people?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was doing a stellar job all game.

I've had many tell me Preston is not doing well at all this year....honestly outside of Jaire, I don't believe we have had a better week in and out defensive player performing as well as Preston. For being tasked with much higher snap count as Z is out, he is delivering in big ways albeit not on the stat columns.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the game, Gary was moving the LOS, holding the edge and putting pressure. SUmmers was flying all over, usually trying to get back into a play he ran himself out of.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to the official box score Gary was credited with two quarterback hits as well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the game, Gary was moving the LOS, holding the edge and putting pressure. SUmmers was flying all over, usually trying to get back into a play he ran himself out of.
Gary must have sucked. Collinsworth was praising him and we all know that he doesn't know anything.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collinsworth is good, and until Romo came along, he was probably the best color commentator. That said, I think Michaels/Collinsworth are getting old. My guess is NBC will replace Michaels with Tirico in the next few years. They'd probably replace Collinsworth at the same time.

Members online

Latest posts