Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Buccaneers 11/8: LOSE 38 - 28

Travis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta think after watching another disappointing performance by Rogers and McCarthy, that someone besides me realizes things have to change. Rogers doesn't seem to be equipped mentally to win a college game, let alone an NFL game. I question McCarthy's decision to keep playing him every week when he obviously can't make a decision or move his feet, in the pocket.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I gotta think after watching another disappointing performance by Rogers and McCarthy, that someone besides me realizes things have to change. Rogers doesn't seem to be equipped mentally to win a college game, let alone an NFL game. I question McCarthy's decision to keep playing him every week when he obviously can't make a decision or move his feet, in the pocket.

LOL at your assessment on rosgers

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was just a depressing game. There were 3 plays that I can think of where Rodgers had plenty of time to throw it away, but was sacked. The O-Line was horrendous. Special Teams were terrible and usually we're pretty good with that part. I don't know if it would've mattered(it might have) , but there was that BS call on Hawk when he was called for illegal contact when he intercepted the ball. A very ticky-tacky call.

Our D-Line barely got to Freeman. A QB starting his first regular season NFL game ever was sacked once or twice(don't remember which). It was insane how many times he got out of a tackle.

bklynzwhitestrican

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i can say is TT better not be afraid to step into the free agent market next season. the packers can't waste entire seasons trying to develop players who have backup ability

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bye, Bye TT & MM

I'm so disgusted with this loss. Sure, we are still .500, but we lost to a 0-7 team? The OL was horrible again. Rodgers held the ball too long again. I'd can MM right now and TT at the end of the season. This loss falls squarelly on the shoulders of MM. I'm gonna puke.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single week we see Rodgers get trounced by that crappy OL and lots of penalties. On that last drive, Rodgers scrambles for the 1st down and colledge get penalized with a holding call...

We are on week 9 and MM doesn't address this kinds of problem. C'mon!

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single week we see Rodgers get trounced by that crappy OL and lots of penalties. On that last drive, Rodgers scrambles for the 1st down and colledge get penalized with a holding call...

We are on week 9 and MM doesn't address this kinds of problem. C'mon!

Don't worry after he looks at the film he will address it this week in practice...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he doesn't. This team, more than anything, lacks fire. He just cannot get the best of his players. And he can't even scheme anymore. We're just a total mess...

mitchdigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team lacks discipline and fire - a direct
reflection of the coaching and upper management.

Does anyone really believe we'll make the playoffs?

We have some talent but no direction.
I am disgusted

Travis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disgusted too, week after week we see the same disappointment. When you look at McCarthy you certainly don't see "fire". No wonder Rodgers looks like he'd rather be someplace else. He sure plays that way. They need some new blood. The Packer's winning tradition is quickly becoming a memory.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't get to see the game here (friggin' FOX affiliate showed "Godzilla" instead of NFL today). Rodgers got outplayed by the crafty vet last week & a greenhorn rookie today? My how far this team's collective heart has slipped.

How does this team not keep a 28-17 4th quarter lead? 4-4 now means playoffs are fading quickly. ATL is hot now & so is PHI & DAL. There's little margin for error in the homestretch. Get it together gentlemen.

Go Pack GO!

Ted just go. Please. MM is our coach & I repsect the position he holds in GB to the utmost. He's only a small part of this problem. Coaches can only coach. Players that need more motivation to play aren't worth having for let's not fault MM for some of the players not being "up" for these games.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't get to see the game here (friggin' FOX affiliate showed "Godzilla" instead of NFL today). Rodgers got outplayed by the crafty vet last week & a greenhorn rookie today? My how far this team's collective heart has slipped.

How does this team not keep a 28-17 4th quarter lead? 4-4 now means playoffs are fading quickly. ATL is hot now & so is PHI & DAL. There's little margin for error in the homestretch. Get it together gentlemen.

Go Pack GO!

Ted just go. Please. MM is our coach & I repsect the position he holds in GB to the utmost. He's only a small part of this problem. Coaches can only coach. Players that need more motivation to play aren't worth having for let's not fault MM for some of the players not being "up" for these games.
As you didn't watch the game, let me portrait it to you: Bad playcall. Stupid penalties. Better running game, but against the 30th running defense.

BAD QB PLAY. Rodgers started by nailing James Jones on a perfect 78 yards td pass, but then started throwing off and into coverage. Bad feeling for pressure, but sometimes he had a great feeling, but nobody was open, so he had to scramble, with 2 bad feet.

There were 2 or 3 short passes called. The rest was all 10 yards routes or deeper.

And the lack of pass rush was abismal. They simply didn't have the motor. they tried to make a move, and then nothing.

It's not on the players, when a clearly better team loses. It's on the coaches, that didn't held them accountable for their mistakes, that let them underestimate the opposing team;.

It was not because of a single player, everybody played terribly. And that's on the coach.

It's also on the GM, that hired the coach, but I think ultimately Green Bay doesn't lack that much talent. They lack the consistency, the discipline, the motivation, the scheme. That's on the coaches.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams play is killing you guys and for some reason your receivers were not getting open. I was shocked to see Rodgers have time and nowhere to throw it. I think McCarthy has lost this team and i don't see it being fixed with him as coach

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post for me - pressure is on

I can't take it anymore - just have to bust. Favre is not the answer. Both losses to the Queens would have happend if we swapped QBs. The problem is not at the QB position. You don't fit personnel to the defensive scheme - you fit the scheme to the defense. You don't run a zone blocking scheme - Rosie O'Donnell said "if executed properly the zone blocking scheme is impossible to stop." He should have added, "it's almost impossible to properly execute a zone blocking scheme." You don't ignore of deminish the value of the offensive line. You don't deminish the value of special teams. You don't allow your team to be undisciplined. You use scren passes and play action to slow down an aggressive defense. You design plays with short, 2 step drops and slant passes if your offensive line is offensive. This I learned in 8th grade football.

Bottom line - TT and MM must be shown the door. IMO, Favre didn't want to come back to GB and forced the Packer's hand. This had been brewing since Sherman was shown the door and TT refused to acquire Moss. I can't blame Favre but the way he handled himself was class-less and showed no respect for the team. I don't know how any true Packer's fan can still want to lick the sweat from his jock. Those fans disgust me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore - just have to bust. Favre is not the answer. Both losses to the Queens would have happend if we swapped QBs. The problem is not at the QB position. You don't fit personnel to the defensive scheme - you fit the scheme to the defense. You don't run a zone blocking scheme - Rosie O'Donnell said "if executed properly the zone blocking scheme is impossible to stop." He should have added, "it's almost impossible to properly execute a zone blocking scheme." You don't ignore of deminish the value of the offensive line. You don't deminish the value of special teams. You don't allow your team to be undisciplined. You use scren passes and play action to slow down an aggressive defense. You design plays with short, 2 step drops and slant passes if your offensive line is offensive. This I learned in 8th grade football.

Bottom line - TT and MM must be shown the door. IMO, Favre didn't want to come back to GB and forced the Packer's hand. This had been brewing since Sherman was shown the door and TT refused to acquire Moss. I can't blame Favre but the way he handled himself was class-less and showed no respect for the team. I don't know how any true Packer's fan can still want to lick the sweat from his jock. Those fans disgust me.
I have to say I agree with everything you said. Glad to have you in the forum, BTW...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This had been brewing since Sherman was shown the door and TT refused to acquire Moss.

What If it comes to light that Ted wante dMoss but was over ruled?

In fact what if it comes to light that Ted was over ruled on more than a few things?

Just asking a honest question

And WELCOME

Members online

Latest posts