Week 1 Packers @ Saints (game thread)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with the thought that the blame isn't on #12.
Oh, I'm definitely not saying he's blameless. He certainly didn't bring his A game. I'm just saying he wasn't the whole reason for the loss, it was a team loss.

But it does bug me that it seems like when you put Rodgers up against a stout defense, they seem to shut him down as often as not. I guess that's just the nature of the game though.

Watch coach did we have that wouldn't allow the term "Super Bowl" spoken anywhere,
Holmgren or McCarthy??

So far this preseason that's mention a lot, maybe we're jump'n the gun here.
Expectations can be dangerous, but it's no big surprise people have been talking about the Super Bowl. We've spent the last two years getting to the NFCCG, it's only natural we want to take the next step. It doesn't seem unreasonable to think we should be contenders. And with all this talk about this possibly being Rodgers' last year, this could be our last chance for awhile.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with the thought that the blame isn't on #12. To be sure, the defense is defenseless. It was gassed by the 2nd quarter. It looks just as bad as it ever has. Here's why I put the blame on #12 though. He had a chance to take the offense on long drives at least a couple of times. Long drives accomplish a couple of things. Clock dominance and giving the defense precious resting time especially when it's 100 degrees. The problem is that this defense is so bad that it probably wouldn't have made a difference. We will never know.

Yeah, this was an issue with 12, but man the D never showed up. Can win games if you can't stop the other team from scoring.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, this was an issue with 12, but man the D never showed up. Can win games if you can't stop the other team from scoring.
I don't care who the quarterback was, we weren't winning that game. Which doesn't excuse the fact that Rodgers stunk it up out there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s probably been said 14,372 times in the past couple seasons but it is a week to week league.

It’s difficult to draw comparisons especially in the first 4-5 weeks of the regular season.

We played like dogs hit against the Saints last week. That’s all I’d conclude from that game.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, not expecting much this year. A wildcard birth would be acceptable. I think Vikings win the division.

Might be the Bears we have to worry about. I'm watching the Vikes and Cardinals game and just had to laugh at them giving up that big TD before the half

Game is going off the chain wild

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every game I flipped on for brief periods had big excitement, crazy INT's, fumbles back the other way, big TD's etc. Not sure if all the games were that way, but busy doing stuff and playing with kids I was very intermittent for the games and every time I saw it big plays were happening each way. That tells me there's some sloppy football being played early. at least it's my initial impression

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think the Saints' game yesterday demonstrates what I said a week ago about the Packers' performance.

1) They are vastly superior to the Saints in their personnel.

2) This makes that pitiful performance even worse.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a major beat down to say the least. Totally unexpected. Did the Packers feel they were in a higher bracket of favorites because the Saints didnt have Drew Brees on their side? Well, no matter what the feelings were, it was not how the Packers wanted to start the season. Yes, its only one game, but if they continue to lose, then much more concerns about this team will rise above everything else.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a major beat down to say the least. Totally unexpected. Did the Packers feel they were in a higher bracket of favorites because the Saints didnt have Drew Brees on their side? Well, no matter what the feelings were, it was not how the Packers wanted to start the season. Yes, its only one game, but if they continue to lose, then much more concerns about this team will rise above everything else.
Don't even suggest anything negative here! What's wrong with you? LOL

Members online

Latest posts