February Mock...Flipping The Script "Kinda"

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are probably going to have a need for more defensive backs because of free agency, but I think defense is an ineffective use of first round capital. They have four first round players in the front seven if you count Gary, Smith and Van Ness as linebackers. If they run a 4-3 front, those players are D-ends not linebackers. Alexander and Stokes are the first rounders in the secondary. That's a lot of bang on defense without a great return. I wish the Packers would publicly state why they don't draft offensive skill players in the first round. I think there will be receivers at the 25th pick and the Packers should draft one of them or draft an offensive lineman. Boosting the depth and youth in the offensive backfield will make the offense more powerful. I would also like to see the Packers draft two more young tight ends.

I will go on record saying drafting a first round wide receiver this year is arguably more a waste (or luxury depending on opinion) than any pick in Gutes time.

Zero reason to waste premium draft capital when you are five deep solidly…and that leaves Heath, Toure and Dubose out there still.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go on record saying drafting a first round wide receiver this year is arguably more a waste (or luxury depending on opinion) than any pick in Gutes time.

Zero reason to waste premium draft capital when you are five deep solidly…and that leaves Heath, Toure and Dubose out there still.
In the event Harrison or Adunze drop to 25, it would be a great pick. If only Watson was more reliable health wise. Anyone else, I agree.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Heath is a Top 5 on this team. I will catch it for this but I think Watson is #6 due to his availability issues

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Heath is a Top 5 on this team. I will catch it for this but I think Watson is #6 due to his availability issues

I think it's likely that by the end of next year's off-season, we'll have traded away at least one of our young receivers. We almost have to; there's no possible way we could even begin to pay all these kids, and we may as well start a year earlier than we absolutely have to rather than wait until it's the only smart move. I think Heath will step in nicely to replace the first one we trade.

Members online

Latest posts