1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina - 9/18: Win 30 - 23

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Wood Chipper, Sep 10, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    The coaches would NEVER do it, and I'm pretty sure they'll be emphasizing Carolina all week long, but if the game starts and Carolina doesn't show much resistance, there's a big possibility they get complacent.

If it starts too easy, they could definitely be thinking that they can score anytime, and if somehow Carolina gets it together and pulls a lead, it could be too late.

But, honestly, otherwise I don't think we lose this game.

2. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    i think the packers will take care of the panthers...maybe it'll be close at first but they'll pull away. i think they're in very good shape to start 3-0.

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    I hope for an injury free game for both sides :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. OceanPanther

OceanPanther Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The Packers would never over look a "next game" to prep for another game.. Even though we're not a good team, we are in the NFC.. a conference game.. down the road games in conference mean more toward tie breakers.. You won't over look this game.

We have good skill players, Smith, Shockey Olsen, D Williams, Steward,, and time will tell if Cam is one of these.. but the others are a proven quanity.. There's not a coach on you staff that is overlooking this game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    On the one hand, I expect the Packers to win.
    On the other, they are playing a professional (Not some community college) team at home.
    I mean, the Panthers have the best team they can put together.
    So I can see it going either way even though I think the Pack will win.

6. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,304
    They probably won't over look this game too much. But you better believe they are already preparing for the Bears. Don't underestimate either the necessity of beating NFC North opponents or the deep deep rivalry between Chicago and Green Bay.

7. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    urlacher's mom died. be interesting to see how he plays the next few weeks...(and rip mrs. urlacher)

8. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Looks like Thomas Davis is hyping his team. Good for him. I am hoping the Panthers fight hard and the Packers fight harder. Though I just checked and my supervisor scheduled me to work during the game, I changed my mind of hoping for an amazing Packers game, and I hope Starks, Grant and Kuhn drive the ball down to the endzone like crazy, and MM gives A-Rod a small break from passing so much.

9. kali3

kali3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I read that in the paper today. I feel feally bad for him. Losing a parent is never easy.

10. PackersDraft

PackersDraft Draftnik

Ratings:
    +47
    I have made my official preview for the week 2 Packers Panthers game. Check it out here..

www.packersandfootball.blogspot.com

But on another note, does anyone know the status of Tramon Williams?

11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Got 3 tickets for Row 3 right behind the Packers bench!!! I'm so pumped! Can't wait to see if I can get a couple signatures!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Packersfan12

Packersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey dose any one no were I can watch a stream of the next game. I live in California and it dose not come on out hear. Do you guys no of a good site I can go to watch the game. let me no what I can do. Thanks.:)

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Go to a bar that might have the game on

We know of no links to watch the game

14. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    It should be on Fox on Sunday. The Packers are going to be on a lot of nationally televised games this year.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Always buy nfl pass?? I think it is called that and you can watch online from the nfl web site

16. Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express SKOL VIKINGS!

Ratings:
    +65
    Newton had a surprise impact last week... that is all it was, surprise. Green Bay will plant him on the ground so often his a$$ sweat will fertilize Bank of America Stadium (turf or not!) and you'll have a full crop of corn by the end of the 3rd quarter.

As for Tebow... I have no idea how you can call Tebow a "complete bust" when he really hasn't had a chance to to play. Given the coaching staff, the ragtag offensive line and lack of talent the Bronco's have, Aaron Rodgers would have a hard time winning. Adrian Peterson would be lucky to pull more than 45 yards a game. Tebow is a very intelligent young man with an excellent understanding of the game. Now, I'm not saying he should have been a 1st round pick, but come on, give the guy a break.

Packers 35
    Panther 10

~Val

17. Packersfan12

Packersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no I checked.. nothing. Only on DirectTV :unsure:

18. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Boo! I double checked as well and it's some other game. SMH. Well, at least I have NFL Sunday Ticket for the internet...I can watch it that way.

19. Packersfan12

Packersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    now that's a true fan... I guess I am just too cheap...lol

20. OneHotelFoxtrot

OneHotelFoxtrot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    I think you're thinking of the other Steve Smith who is now with the Eagles.

21. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    There are two Steve Smiths? Wow. Reminds me of my MLB gaffe, where there are two Chris Carpenters, one for the Cardinals and one for the Cubs. Honestly thought they did some sort of backdoor trade with each other.

22. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Inactive for Packers today: RB Alex Green, CB Davon House, CB Tramon Williams, LB Frank Zombo, T Derek Sherrod, DE Mike Neal, LB Vic So'oto. More game info:http://www.packers.com/

I was hoping So'oto would see the field today but i guess it was wishful thinking. Hopefully him and Tramon Williams will be ready to go next week.

23. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    It's going to be a good game. I think the Packers will win it, based on paper and match-ups, but you never want to underestimate the Panthers. Somebody mentioned trap game and I can't help thinking in the back of my mind, if I were the coach, I'd be saying proceed with caution. I can't wait to see our D get a hold of Cam and his O-line. That is going to be interesting in the least. I think Cam just might make a franchise QB for the Panthers and Lord knows they need one. He will be tested by our D, though. This game may be a true assessment as to exactly where Cam is at right now.

AnyPack, good game to all, Packers peeps and visiting Panthers fans on here alike!

24. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Online stream anyone?

25. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Wow lots of Panther receivers wide open!