Official Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina - 9/18: Win 30 - 23

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible the Packers are already looking ahead to the Bears and spending some time preparing for that matchup, thus not giving 100 per cent to this match up. Even so, I think it might be something like; "Hey Cam! Mr. Rodgers is coming to your house and he's bringing a friend he wants you to meet. His name is Clay. Do you know what he does for a living? He's a predator. That's right, a predator. Can you spell predator? Would you be his neighbor?"
The coaches would NEVER do it, and I'm pretty sure they'll be emphasizing Carolina all week long, but if the game starts and Carolina doesn't show much resistance, there's a big possibility they get complacent.

If it starts too easy, they could definitely be thinking that they can score anytime, and if somehow Carolina gets it together and pulls a lead, it could be too late.

But, honestly, otherwise I don't think we lose this game.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the packers will take care of the panthers...maybe it'll be close at first but they'll pull away. i think they're in very good shape to start 3-0.

OceanPanther

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would never over look a "next game" to prep for another game.. Even though we're not a good team, we are in the NFC.. a conference game.. down the road games in conference mean more toward tie breakers.. You won't over look this game.

We have good skill players, Smith, Shockey Olsen, D Williams, Steward,, and time will tell if Cam is one of these.. but the others are a proven quanity.. There's not a coach on you staff that is overlooking this game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand, I expect the Packers to win.
On the other, they are playing a professional (Not some community college) team at home.
I mean, the Panthers have the best team they can put together.
So I can see it going either way even though I think the Pack will win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Packers would never over look a "next game" to prep for another game.. Even though we're not a good team, we are in the NFC.. a conference game.. down the road games in conference mean more toward tie breakers.. You won't over look this game.

We have good skill players, Smith, Shockey Olsen, D Williams, Steward,, and time will tell if Cam is one of these.. but the others are a proven quanity.. There's not a coach on you staff that is overlooking this game.

They probably won't over look this game too much. But you better believe they are already preparing for the Bears. Don't underestimate either the necessity of beating NFC North opponents or the deep deep rivalry between Chicago and Green Bay.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Looks like Thomas Davis is hyping his team. Good for him. I am hoping the Panthers fight hard and the Packers fight harder. Though I just checked and my supervisor scheduled me to work during the game, I changed my mind of hoping for an amazing Packers game, and I hope Starks, Grant and Kuhn drive the ball down to the endzone like crazy, and MM gives A-Rod a small break from passing so much.

Packersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey dose any one no were I can watch a stream of the next game. I live in California and it dose not come on out hear. Do you guys no of a good site I can go to watch the game. let me no what I can do. Thanks.:)

Reaction score
Hey dose any one no were I can watch a stream of the next game. I live in California and it dose not come on out hear. Do you guys no of a good site I can go to watch the game. let me no what I can do. Thanks.:)
It should be on Fox on Sunday. The Packers are going to be on a lot of nationally televised games this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Always buy nfl pass?? I think it is called that and you can watch online from the nfl web site

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Newton had a surprise impact last week... that is all it was, surprise. Green Bay will plant him on the ground so often his *** sweat will fertilize Bank of America Stadium (turf or not!) and you'll have a full crop of corn by the end of the 3rd quarter.

As for Tebow... I have no idea how you can call Tebow a "complete bust" when he really hasn't had a chance to to play. Given the coaching staff, the ragtag offensive line and lack of talent the Bronco's have, Aaron Rodgers would have a hard time winning. Adrian Peterson would be lucky to pull more than 45 yards a game. Tebow is a very intelligent young man with an excellent understanding of the game. Now, I'm not saying he should have been a 1st round pick, but come on, give the guy a break.

Packers 35
Panther 10

~Val

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have some experience with Greg Olsen, since he used to play with the Bears, our arch rival. A Woodson-Smith matchup sounds interesting, considering the problems he gave us while on the Giants team in 2007.

I know about the QB, but how's your running game? Is it all DeAngelo Williams, or is it a two- or three-back set like ours (Grant & Starks)? Does having Newton help with that?

Also, the secondary. Will Rodgers tear it up, or do they actually stand a chance? Are there some cornerbacks and safeties that he needs to keep in mind?

I think you're thinking of the other Steve Smith who is now with the Eagles.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're thinking of the other Steve Smith who is now with the Eagles.

There are two Steve Smiths? Wow. Reminds me of my MLB gaffe, where there are two Chris Carpenters, one for the Cardinals and one for the Cubs. Honestly thought they did some sort of backdoor trade with each other.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inactive for Packers today: RB Alex Green, CB Davon House, CB Tramon Williams, LB Frank Zombo, T Derek Sherrod, DE Mike Neal, LB Vic So'oto. More game info:http://www.packers.com/

I was hoping So'oto would see the field today but i guess it was wishful thinking. Hopefully him and Tramon Williams will be ready to go next week.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a good game. I think the Packers will win it, based on paper and match-ups, but you never want to underestimate the Panthers. Somebody mentioned trap game and I can't help thinking in the back of my mind, if I were the coach, I'd be saying proceed with caution. I can't wait to see our D get a hold of Cam and his O-line. That is going to be interesting in the least. I think Cam just might make a franchise QB for the Panthers and Lord knows they need one. He will be tested by our D, though. This game may be a true assessment as to exactly where Cam is at right now.

AnyPack, good game to all, Packers peeps and visiting Panthers fans on here alike!

Members online

Latest posts