Official Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina - 9/18: Win 30 - 23

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you win like this when you are good. I would have preferred a several TD win though. Down by 13. That hasn't happened in a few years. I hope it doesn't again this season. And A-rod won't get credit for a come from behind win either by the doubters I bet.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Can I try to put a different spin on the win?

Scrape by wins are great for the Packers, especially in this case. It brings the Packers down to reality that as great as they are last year, this isn't last year and they need to get back to work and fix what is broken. In the long run of things, this win won't hurt us, it will only give motivation to McCarthy to find the holes to correct. With the Saints and Panthers victory there is a LOT of good tape to cover for ways to fix the Pack, that the team will use.

What I see after this win is A-Rod going over with his Recievers what happened. Then reviewing the tape of what he himself can work on. Cobb focusing on how his fumble happened and what he can do to fix it. And all the other coaches working on things to fix an already great team.

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
It's my birthday today. Had a great day of sport planned. Rangers v Celtic and Spurs v Liverpool soccer games then the Packers game. I saw Celtic lose badly then Liverpool lose too. I feared the worse after the first quarter of the Packers game but we should today why we are champions. We didn't play our best but got the win.

Thanks Packers, at least one of my teams gave me a birthday win.

Go Pack Go!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.842609,-4.115977

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who is satisfied with the Packers winning. Can I?

A win is a win. They keep your heart beating and give you a lot of excitement this way. Two weeks in a row the D has faced an exceptional QB and come out on top. I'm ok with that.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm satisfied too. There's been times in the past our team wouldn't have come out on top in a game like this. We all knew teams would bring their best against us. Just like MM said, there's more than enough fingers to point.
No matter, a W is in the books and we have some of the best coaches in football to right the ship for next week. No matter which way you look at it, this is a really good Green Bay Packers football club.
Even when they perform poorly they win.

Carolinablue52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me or was that announcer (Mora) almost obnoxiuosly biased toward Cam Newton (will be really special someday just not so much today) and the Panthers? Will replay but I could have sworn I actually heard him say something along the lines of "we have to do a better job on defense..." after a Packers reception down the sideline. That is what is referred to as a "journeyman's effort" by the Pack. Not quite clicking on all cylinders but still good enough. Next week should be fun.
I don't remember mora calling any panther games in the last couple of years and i don't think hes as much as a homer as he is just talking about the hype cam newton has gotten, now Ron pitts has announced most of panther game and he has gave us alot of Criticism last couple of years, You guys really should not care what announcers think... and if you do you would of hated being a panther fan last couple of years, we have gotten nothing but dirt i don't care much about what people think

About the penalty calls, I think both sides got jipped a couple times i wish all the calls where correct so there would be no excuses.

other then that good game, you guys are a good team im surprised we managed to do that well against you guys
Best of luck the rest of the season and best wishes to collins!

Reaction score

You better believe I'm satisfied! Couldn't get the game here, but was a nervous wreck watching the NFL station Packer/Carolina game capsule and seeing the horizontal back and forth movement of the arrow like a "rollercoaster" swing of emotions clear up until we ran out the clock. Whew! I was concerned about the long layoff and just how we would react. When I checked in on the Forum at the half and read how lousy we were playing, like most of you, I sensed another "trap" game coming back to haunt us as was the case last year in games we should have won easily, but we came
out hungry and did enough to get a win. There's just NO easy outs in the NFL, especially on the road and sometimes these "lack-luster" performance scratch-out wins is a good wake up call, but we really need to be sharp and give the Bears a knock out "statement" punch next week. That would be so fine!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OceanPanther

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First.. GOOD WIN. ALL wins in the NFL are good.. you take them and move on.
Second, I hope Collins is ok..
Third,, yeah, I was pleased we competed with the Packers. No we aren't as good. You had a few bad breaks early on with the fumble and your offense couldn't get on the field.. since your offense didn't really play much, nor get in a rythem, or feel for the game till the second qtr,, you scored 30 in 3 qtrs basicly.. we looked bad on big plays,, and give the Packers all the credit for that.
I can't figure out all the Cam haters,, he doesn't run his mouth, he isn't cocky at all,, he's still learning the play book, much less trying to learn the speed of the NFL.. He hit a ton of different recievers again,, and that means he's learning his progessions. He's played only 4 qtrs in the NFL , sheesh. He'll make a lot more mistakes in the near future, but because he doesn't have his head up his ****, he's learning and will get better. He's got to learn to pass in the Red Zone, short field,, and 3rd down conversions.. the rest of his game is coming along just fine..
I didn't see the announcers making the Packers the whipping boys.. they were reporting on an NFL rookie, and how he was doing against a very good defense.

We'll get better only when our O line makes some holes for a running game. Pass blocking for Cam is only one of their duties.. If Cams going to throw the ball 40 plus times, we have no running game. Maybe that's why if teams put 8 in the box against us, our running back ( Steward ) get 100 yrd receiving,, dump off passes..

Your PACKERS are just fine.. as all of you know, you want the win, and not to peak in Sept,, but win now and peak in Dec/Jan.
You'll be just fine.. stay healthy my friends and good luck against the Bears..

OceanPanther

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot.. I have a feeling Rogers will be the best NFL Qb for the next 5-10 yrs ( compliment ) over that period of time the Mannings and guy at New England will have had their peak.. and Rogers will be THE MAN.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third,, yeah, I was pleased we competed with the Packers. No we aren't as good. You had a few bad breaks early on with the fumble and your offense couldn't get on the field.. since your offense didn't really play much, nor get in a rythem, or feel for the game till the second qtr,, you scored 30 in 3 qtrs basicly.. we looked bad on big plays,, and give the Packers all the credit for that.
I can't figure out all the Cam haters,, he doesn't run his mouth, he isn't cocky at all,, he's still learning the play book, much less trying to learn the speed of the NFL.. He hit a ton of different recievers again,, and that means he's learning his progessions. He's played only 4 qtrs in the NFL , sheesh. He'll make a lot more mistakes in the near future, but because he doesn't have his head up his ****, he's learning and will get better. He's got to learn to pass in the Red Zone, short field,, and 3rd down conversions.. the rest of his game is coming along just fine..
I didn't see the announcers making the Packers the whipping boys.. they were reporting on an NFL rookie, and how he was doing against a very good defense.

We'll get better only when our O line makes some holes for a running game. Pass blocking for Cam is only one of their duties.. If Cams going to throw the ball 40 plus times, we have no running game. Maybe that's why if teams put 8 in the box against us, our running back ( Steward ) get 100 yrd receiving,, dump off passes..

Your PACKERS are just fine.. as all of you know, you want the win, and not to peak in Sept,, but win now and peak in Dec/Jan.
I watched the postgame interviews, particularly Newton's.

I was impressed with the game he played, but those answers gave me an even better impression.

I was afraid of him. I thought he was cocky and his pre-draft interviews did sound re-hearsed.

But he looks the real deal. Poised, confident, humble... All the traits of a great leader. It would've been better if he didn't spent the time on the sidelines with the towel over his head, but he's a rookie for crying out loud. If Rodgers is still developing his leadership, imagine Newton.

I was very, very impressed with him. If he can maintain this attitude of self-scrutinization with poise, and when (I do think, with him and your coaching staff, is a matter of when) he starts winning, if he doesn't let it get to his head, he can be an elite QB in this league.

Honestly, I was more impressed with him than I've ever been with Flacco and Ryan.

It's still too soon, it'll take a while before you guys are a winning team, and it'll take a while for Newton to lead this offense like Rodgers and Brees do (Ryan hasn't lead the Falcons offense, Turner has. Maybe it changed this year, but till then, Ryan has been a game manager). But hang in there. Your future is good. You need to find playmakers on defense, specially in the secondary and in the interior of the DL, but with a couple successful drafts, your team will be making a push for the NFC South title every single year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great and awesome post! Thank you.

Your right about the win. Take it and move on. I honestly don't see anything to complain about. The Packers played well enough to win and that's all that matters.

Where are the Cam haters?
If they are fans of another team, it's because he isn't playing for that team.
Panthers fans? Well there were Aaron Rodgers haters among Packers fans when he first took over.
They accepted him when they finally got used to having him around and could see how good he is.

I think Cam is quite good and promising.
I wonder if the Panthers stay the same or get worse while Cam gets better he could go to a different team.
I hope not for your sake.
You guys have a good QB and should keep him.

Defense wins championships
True and I agree.
However the Packers could prove that wrong.
Or at least I'd like to think so.
We shall see.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I drove 1027 miles from Alabama to see this game. I told my little brother, buy online tickets! But, no, he listened to my niece who lives in Wawatosa who was driving up on a bus with a load of friends who claimed oh, she bought tickets outside the stadium for 40-50 bucks every time she did it. No tickets for two under $250 per by the scalpers. I did watch the game from the Stadium View Bar, but it's just not the same as being in Lambeau.

Next week I am dragging his little butt to New Orleans to see the Pack, and I already HAVE the tickets! (I also did manage to go to a Packers game at Soldier Field long ago, so I'm not a Pack ******. (Brett tore them Bears a new one that day.)

Members online

Latest posts