Official Game Day Thread: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina - 9/18: Win 30 - 23

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Week 2 will soon be upon us. Who else is looking forward to an easier week after a tough, hard fought week 1?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am! But I am pretty sure I said the same thing about Washington and Miami last year. It seems its going to be another long year for the heart attack pack and anything is possible.

Reaction score
Any given team, any given day. But Carolina certainly isn't the power house the Saints are. I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

Happy Panther

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense has looked really bad in preseason but Beason has been out. That is the biggest issue especially DT (we only have 3) and CB - scrappy 5'8" Munnerlyn is tough but I'm not sure he will perform against elite WR/QB combos.

Fans are being pretty reasonable with expectations around Newton. His accuracy has been off but he exudes charisma leadership and physicality. We just want him to keep us in it and develop.

He is the tallest guy in the huddle. And he can run.

If our O-Line performs then we can hang around in any game with Williams and Stewart.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not get too cocky against teams that could be weaker than us.
Remember what happened at Detroit last year?
A-Rod got hurt, had to leave and the Lions went on to win.
Anything can happen.
So long as A-Rod and the squad stay healthy, hopefully it will be a win for the Pack.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Let's not get too cocky against teams that could be weaker than us.
Remember what happened at Detroit last year?
A-Rod got hurt, had to leave and the Lions went on to win.
Anything can happen.
So long as A-Rod and the squad stay healthy, hopefully it will be a win for the Pack.

The Lions are also divisional, and while many folks don't want to believe it, no matter how bad a divisional team is, they know us really well from playing us twice a year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should just start our 2nd strings! hahah that'd be something.

EDIT: This is a joke b/c some ppl don't have sense of humors.
If I were Mike I would actually start or have Matt Flynn play more often so that he wouldn't feel like leaving.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why?
Just because he's the opposing QB or did he say/do something that you find upsetting?

I just don't like him. He thinks he's going to be an elite and he needs a reality check, quick.

Newton reminds me of Tebow. The big hype quarterback that just cannot deliver as a starter.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The biggest bright side I am thinking to this game is Rodgers doesn't have to worry about Peppers. I wonder if Don Capers want to do anything special for them?

I'm not overly concerned on this game but I hope the Packers get a nice lead and not give it up.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't like him. He thinks he's going to be an elite and he needs a reality check, quick.

Newton reminds me of Tebow. The big hype quarterback that just cannot deliver as a starter.
Gotchya. Thanx.

Yeah, I actually want the Pack to play Tebow when they take on the Bronx.
I would love to see how Tim does against the Pack Dominating Capers D.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Gotchya. Thanx.

Yeah, I actually want the Pack to play Tebow when they take on the Bronx.
I would love to see how Tim does against the Pack Dominating Capers D.

***** that's all we ever hear about when Denver comes into conversation. Tebow, Tebow, Tebow. At the rate ESPN uses his name you would think he's John Elway 2.0 lol. I know Orton is not the greatest quarterback ever, but if they replace him with Tebow, they are asking to get laughed at just like Mike Shanahan going from McNabb to Grossman. Think that was the biggest WTF last year.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I totally forgot about Tebow until this post. Thanks a lot Bogart! This man will never die...

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would anyone be opposed to playing Alex Green more? I'd like some of our rooks, including So'oto, to get some real reg season action in.

Happy Panther

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tebow is a complete bust.

Newton should be better than Tebow.

I hope.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tebow is a complete bust.

Newton should be better than Tebow.

I hope.

I think they both will be busts but Newton has one thing going for him that Tebow don't; and that is the Run-N-Shoot King Warren Moon mentoring him, so he does have a chance. I can't completely rule him out yet.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I totally forgot about Tebow until this post. Thanks a lot Bogart! This man will never die...

LOL you're welcome pal, nope we'll be hearing about Tebow come playoff time when Denver don't make it anywhere and they'll be trying to say how godlike the kid is and they didn't make it cause he wasn't the starter and so on.

If I was general manager, I would have drafted him to sell jerseys, so can't say I really blame Denver for keeping him a 3rd stringer. He plays like crap, but he does sell a lot of jerseys lol

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Newton get slammed to the ground over and over and over.

Word. Matthews should get 3 sacks no problem. He's going to be a caged animal after being contained pretty much the entire game against the Saints

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Word. Matthews should get 3 sacks no problem. He's going to be a caged animal after being contained pretty much the entire game against the Saints

I agree, but they also should have no problem intercepting and beating down a hot shot quarterback that thinks he's still in Auburn to say "Look at me break a run for 30 yards!" Oh noooo Newton, we're gonna tear your *** up!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL you're welcome pal, nope we'll be hearing about Tebow come playoff time when Denver don't make it anywhere and they'll be trying to say how godlike the kid is and they didn't make it cause he wasn't the starter and so on.

If I was general manager, I would have drafted him to sell jerseys, so can't say I really blame Denver for keeping him a 3rd stringer. He plays like crap, but he does sell a lot of jerseys lol
If he never gets to start or switches teams, expect tons of those jerseys to sell on ebay.
If he becomes a superstar, expect to see tons of those jerseys on ebay.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If he never gets to start or switches teams, expect tons of those jerseys to sell on ebay.
If he becomes a superstar, expect to see tons of those jerseys on ebay.

Seriously, Tebow could make someone rich!

He is the most overrated player EVER.

I won't say most overrated quarterback (Kevin Kolb gets that trophy) but as a player; yes. He gets more media attention than those that deserve it.

Even in preseason his fame overshadowed Orton who looked pretty good in most games. Tebow still thinks he's in college and can bust a run for 20 yards. And if he can't run he can't complete passes, his accuracy is terrible.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I agree, but they also should have no problem intercepting and beating down a hot shot quarterback that thinks he's still in Auburn to say "Look at me break a run for 30 yards!" Oh noooo Newton, we're gonna tear your *** up!

I just hope that we can get him to the ground if he does decide to tuck and run. Hawk and Bishop were absolutely horrendous in the opener. There had to be at least 10 missed tackles by the both of them. They had some of these guys dead to rights and they still missed.

I think they'll have to keep an eye on Shockey and Olson because they are probably going to get targeted the most by Newton.

Members online

Latest posts