Tracking the 2023 Green Bay Roster

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Leavitt was released to make room for Taylor. LB Christian Young was released from PS to make room for RB James Robinson.
It was a combo on releasing Leavitt. Savage came off the IR, so they won't have room for Leavitt in the safety room. Then they did need a spot on the 53 for Taylor.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP is updated finally - apologies. I may have still missed something but should be very close.

Reaction score
With AJ1's inflated contract and AJ2's expiring contract, we may need to find RB1 and RB2 for next season.
No doubt. It’s a weaker RB class at the Top, but there’s a sizable RB group that are worthy of a Day2 expenditure and several very intriguing prospects. A second guy I’d be eyeing with a Day 3 is Jonathan Brooks. He’ll be under radar to injury. He’s going to be a small injury risk but big time player investment. We have time to be patient on his return timing also which is not our usual scenario. Really good All-around RB there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt. It’s a weaker RB class at the Top, but there’s a sizable RB group that are worthy of a Day2 expenditure and several very intriguing prospects. One guy I’d be eyeing is Jonathan Brooks
Brooks, Benson, Allen, Corum, Sanders all come to mind for that Day2 strong consideration. Estime late third even, but I don't pair him in a backfield with a Dillon type too similar.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Robinson and Bo Melton released.

No other moves with, so that is two spots on active left open....perhaps Stokes or Savage....

Krabs

Reaction score
James Robinson and Bo Melton released.

No other moves with, so that is two spots on active left open....perhaps Stokes or Savage....
On the way into work that's exactly what they said. They're making room for Savage and Stokes. Robinson and Melton could very well end up back on the practice squad.

Krabs

Reaction score
Looks like they had a bunch of guys in for workouts. Such is the injury plague life of the NFL. The older I get the less I understand how people can put themselves through playing in the NFL. Anyway, as mentioned above, they signed Joel Wilson and brought in RB Brenden Knox (Marshall), RB John Lovett (Penn State), TE Devin Asiasi (UCLA), TE Nick Eubanks (Michigan), and QB Jarrett Guarantano (Washington State). I don't see any reason they would sign Guarantano. With signing Wilson, I think that takes Asiasi and Eubanks out of the equation. Look for them to sign Knox or Lovett. Knox has the better resume, but who knows. They have one spot available. Maybe it goes back to Melton, but WR is not a need.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like they had a bunch of guys in for workouts. Such is the injury plague life of the NFL. The older I get the less I understand how people can put themselves through playing in the NFL. Anyway, as mentioned above, they signed Joel Wilson and brought in RB Brenden Knox (Marshall), RB John Lovett (Penn State), TE Devin Asiasi (UCLA), TE Nick Eubanks (Michigan), and QB Jarrett Guarantano (Washington State). I don't see any reason they would sign Guarantano. With signing Wilson, I think that takes Asiasi and Eubanks out of the equation. Look for them to sign Knox or Lovett. Knox has the better resume, but who knows. They have one spot available. Maybe it goes back to Melton, but WR is not a need.
In a few weeks they will start signing futures contracts to get the guys signed for off season and training camp. We can then go with the 2024 roster thread.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such is the injury plague life of the NFL. The older I get the less I understand how people can put themselves through playing in the NFL.
1. Ego, $$$, and the inability to do anything else.

2. Dead horse, maybe, but what about all the folks who expose themselves to at least that level of physical danger all the time, putting others before themselves?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Ego, $$$, and the inability to do anything else.

2. Dead horse, maybe, but what about all the folks who expose themselves to at least that level of physical danger all the time, putting others before themselves?
Thousands of people do it. There are only about 20-25 starting caliber NFL QBs at any given time.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thousands of people do it. There are only about 20-25 starting caliber NFL QBs at any given time.
Very true. I don't follow how that answers the (apparent) question I was addressing of why people would subject themselves to the injuries sustained in the NFL. I gave three answers and then added another thought topic.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hard to say. Maybe if our record was better or we had even more injuries it may have been considered.
Honestly, at 6-6, wins over 2 very good teams (Lions, Chiefs) and a pretty soft 5 games ahead of us, I like our chances. Add to that, the offense seems to be improving from game to game, maybe you get Jones back soon, as well as Jaire, Stokes and possibly Musgrave and the Packers could actually be a dangerous Wildcard team.

Signing Amos, if he is wanting back, might be a smart move. He would take Zayne Anderson's spot, who probably safely slides to the PS and you have a veteran leader, that is familiar with the defense and able to play at any time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, at 6-6, wins over 2 very good teams (Lions, Chiefs) and a pretty soft 5 games ahead of us, I like our chances. Add to that, the offense seems to be improving from game to game, maybe you get Jones back soon, as well as Jaire, Stokes and possibly Musgrave and the Packers could actually be a dangerous Wildcard team.

Signing Amos, if he is wanting back, might be a smart move. He would take Zayne Anderson's spot, who probably safely slides to the PS and you have a veteran leader, that is familiar with the defense and able to play at any time.
I would not disagree with the move if we went that way. Many teams who become obvious contenders look to strengthen the roster with a late season veteran. On the other hand we let Rasul go for very little when our record indicated that we were playing out our schedule. Gute probably had a light go off in his head about Amos. Comparatively, he is thinking there are other positions which may be in greater need of a late season vet if one is available. TE comes to mind. RB is fragile this year. DT is always in need. Ron Wolf made a big move in 1995 by acquiring TE Keith Jackson mid-season. He added Jim McMahon in 1996 late just in case Favre did get hurt. It appears Gute wants to stay very young right now. Rodgers and Cobb and Big Dog created a generation gap.

Members online

Latest posts