Official Game Day Thread: Cowboys @ Packers - 11/7: WIN 45 - 7

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So after a game no one expected us to win we play a game that no one expects us to lose.

Is this our trap game?

Anything worry you about this game?

Can Rodgers get the offense going?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word up Ivo, bring us the Cowboys!!! Here is a team that is an absolute mess, they are down and almost out. The thing is, somewhere inside of them they know that. A team with nothing to lose can sometimes be more dangerous than a team with everything to lose. I say we have a pretty sure chance of winning this game, but so did the Jets think that of us. Therefore approach with caution. Take no chances, play smart and tough like we did today. We don't want the Cowboys to be thanking us for their turnaround point.

Now that I got that cautionary wisdom out, on to the battle!!! I've been smelling blood week out here. Look for our D to come up HUGE. Poor Kitna is gonna be drowning in a sea of green and gold. CM3 and company leading the charge. This is another game where we can work our running game a bit more. Go Kuhn and Bjax! This could be a good game for us, a win going into our bye week would be just what we need with the Vikings coming up again. Rogers needs a good game here to get his mojo back. Logically there is no reason we shouldn't win this game, but logic and this season have been at odds. Therefore I am weary, but still very very confident in the Pack winning this game!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I'll admit, my confidence in this team was wearing pretty darn thin... But after that Minny win and this win in New York, I'm starting to have some faith. It's feeling like we have a heartbeat. But that heartbeat stops with special teams and defense... Our offense, outside of our O-line, is making me nervous. I don't know how the hell Dom Capers does it but the defense is putting in a solid performance nearly every week now... with a bunch of backups...

This upcoming game with the Cowpokes is a nervous game. It looks like it should be an easy win... In Green Bay, TERRIBLE Cowboys team, what appears to be a quality Packers defense/special teams and an average offense led by what I still think is one of the best QB's in the game... It's these kind of games that I'm afraid we could easily lose. Just don't get overconfident, PLEASE!!

I would feel VERY blessed going into our bye week at 6-3, given our injuries. Hell, I'd have been fairly happy if you'd have told me that we would be 6-3 at our bye even before the season started.

At this point, if we can keep up this pace and build on this success, I think that we can still get the number 1 seed in the NFC. We just need to keep our feet on the ground and our head out of the clouds and play football.

BTW, I think it's coming to light just how valuable Ted Thompson is. He has built a much deeper team than we gave him credit for. The moves he's made to bring guys in to help have worked out and they are contributing in a positive way. I'm for one, glad that he is the one running this team as opposed to myself or some others of us on this board...

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I honestly cannot wait for this game! we are going to blow the cowgirls out of the water, thats how i feel. With co workers that love dallas and try to team up against me when im holdin down the pack i cannot wait to smaaash them. Im not worried at all. We are going to beat on them @ greenbay. That is that ahah. *knocks on wood* i say we win by 10 or more.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Pack has had 2 tough games in a row. But, our confidence is rising as a team, especially on D. You can tell the guys on D are having fun out there. That's a GREAT sign. The offense is still struggling, but the O-line looks like it's solidifying. Green bay beating the Vikes might have been their "Tampa Bay" game of the year and the team has found it's identity finally.

Without Romo, I just don't see it happening for the the boys. You can tell the Cowboys have no confidence in Kitna and they are just mailing it in. Maybe Jones even told em. Hey, Romo's gone, the season is gone. Go out and put out a half *** effort, so we can get high picks in the draft. I have no evidence of that, but I wouldn't put it past Jones.

Dallas got old, really old in one year. From playoff contender to pretender. Wonder if Jaworski on Monday Night Football is still picking them as his #1 SB seed. LMAO

The Cowboys are cursed, their haven't won a game in their new stadium all year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like this Jets game was last year's Cowboys game.
We were at a slump, they were coming off a win streak, they were the clear favorites to win, it was a D statement for us.

So, yeah, the Cowboys game is a HUGE trap game, like the SF game was last year. We have to take care of it.

It helps that it's Kitna on the other side, though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give us a worst case scenario, Ware gets 4 sacks and Dez takes at least one back to the house. Both are possible and could lead to a loss. I hope the vets are in the youngins ear all week.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in Texas, I can tell you the fans have turned on the Cowboys, the sportscasters have turned on the Cowboys and it looks like Jerry Jones has reached a breaking point, he thinks the Cowboys record is 1-7, maybe he's counting next week's game vs the Packers as a loss..I don't know, but you'd think the owner of a ball club would know the standings. Tonight one local sports guy calls the Cowboys delusion because he said they would "win out". He stated the Cowboys don't stand a chance in Halloween against the Packers at home. And I, of course agree.

We're getting healthier, our defense and special teams are looking better. Aaron needs to obviously work more with our receiving corps. And our running game is atrocious, but guess what, Jackson got more yards than LT today.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I can see an upset happening only because it can happen on any given sunday... but the way the cards have been delt I dont see the Pack losing to a bruised and battered Cowpie team at Lambeau...So as far as a Trap game... The Cowpies can Trap Deez N You **** in their mouths because the Pack is gonna take care of business!!! :)

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only way they lose is if they have big heads,and they have not shown that.I think this week a-rod and company put some points on the board special teams will keep them down like they did the jets d-line c.m gets at least 3 sacks i'm being nice and with those sacks i see one in the end zone points for us,that would be sweet i may be dreaming but i do feel they will be very good this week.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I'll admit, my confidence in this team was wearing pretty darn thin... But after that Minny win and this win in New York, I'm starting to have some faith. It's feeling like we have a heartbeat. But that heartbeat stops with special teams and defense... Our offense, outside of our O-line, is making me nervous. I don't know how the hell Dom Capers does it but the defense is putting in a solid performance nearly every week now... with a bunch of backups...

This upcoming game with the Cowpokes is a nervous game. It looks like it should be an easy win... In Green Bay, TERRIBLE Cowboys team, what appears to be a quality Packers defense/special teams and an average offense led by what I still think is one of the best QB's in the game... It's these kind of games that I'm afraid we could easily lose. Just don't get overconfident, PLEASE!!

I would feel VERY blessed going into our bye week at 6-3, given our injuries. Hell, I'd have been fairly happy if you'd have told me that we would be 6-3 at our bye even before the season started.

At this point, if we can keep up this pace and build on this success, I think that we can still get the number 1 seed in the NFC. We just need to keep our feet on the ground and our head out of the clouds and play football.

BTW, I think it's coming to light just how valuable Ted Thompson is. He has built a much deeper team than we gave him credit for. The moves he's made to bring guys in to help have worked out and they are contributing in a positive way. I'm for one, glad that he is the one running this team as opposed to myself or some others of us on this board...

Hey man I was right there with you, I live in NJ, I see the JETS every week...that was a STATEMENT...I'm definitely back on board with the COACHING STAFF, TT, & These Players fighting every sunday!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not get cocky like the Jets now...!
Hopefully we snap our injury streak this Sunday :x

We can't get very cocky at all. I also live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and to me this is a dangerous game. I know I am aging myself here but I watched the Cowboys beat the Packers with a 3rd string QB back around maybe 1994 ish. I am to lazy to go back and look at the exact year but I believe Jason Garret was the 3rd stringer I am refering to. All the fans as well as the teams and odds makers had us whipping that *** by at least 10 or more points. They shocked the world.

Anyone remember the Tampa Bay game last year???? Anyhow........these are the games that I worry about the most. If anyone has their backs to the wall its the Cowboys. That is dangerous. I think we will win but lets not get cocky and think we got it in the bag before our team steps a foot on that field.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear a letdown game here. I'm confident the Packers will be focused. Those loses to Washington and Miami seem to have kicked em in the ***.

I like the "underdog" role.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this earlier today and thought it holds some truth.

Ever hear McCarthy’s name mentioned when pundits talk about the Packers? Rarely.

But the way he’s kept his team together despite crippling, front-line injuries this year is a tribute to his leadership. This is the same guy that coaxed an MVP-type season out of Brett Favre in 2007, and then got his replacement to play just as well. The same guy who’s now 43-29 as a head coach despite taking over a Packers franchise that was in transition.

Imagine if the Cowboys had lost Felix Jones, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten for the season, plus played the first half of the season without half of the starting secondary. Their record would be minus-2 and 9.

But the Packers lost Ryan Grant, Nick Barnett and Jermichael Finley – plus several other key bench players – for the year, then went into New Jersey Sunday and held the Jets to zero points. None.

How many points did you score Sunday? So did the Jets.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At this point, if we can keep up this pace and build on this success, I think that we can still get the number 1 seed in the NFC. We just need to keep our feet on the ground and our head out of the clouds and play football."

Excuse me, I don't think you are following your own advice. First you say that the Cowboy game makes you nervous, that this is type of came we can easily lose. Hell every game makes me nervous. That is natural.

Then you wander off in to dream land talking about ending up with the number 1 seed.

Is that keeping your feet on the ground and your head out of the clouds?

I have no idea if you think they win or lose.

The Packer Players take pride in defending their turf. I trust they will play their hearts out. Win or lose, that's all I can or will ask for.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to see Keith Brooking do his horrible pump up speech prior to the snap and then watch replays of us owning them, wishful thinking but not far fetched

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read this earlier today and thought it holds some truth.

Ever hear McCarthy’s name mentioned when pundits talk about the Packers? Rarely.

But the way he’s kept his team together despite crippling, front-line injuries this year is a tribute to his leadership. This is the same guy that coaxed an MVP-type season out of Brett Favre in 2007, and then got his replacement to play just as well. The same guy who’s now 43-29 as a head coach despite taking over a Packers franchise that was in transition.

Imagine if the Cowboys had lost Felix Jones, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten for the season, plus played the first half of the season without half of the starting secondary. Their record would be minus-2 and 9.

But the Packers lost Ryan Grant, Nick Barnett and Jermichael Finley – plus several other key bench players – for the year, then went into New Jersey Sunday and held the Jets to zero points. None.

How many points did you score Sunday? So did the Jets.
Yeah, but at the same time, with the team fully healthy, how many sloppy plays, terrible coaching decisions and bad offensive playcalling have we seen from McCarthy?

I judge a coach based on a season, not on a handful of games, though. But he could've taken more from the players before.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think the Pack will pull this one out. The additions on D are solid. We might get Harris and Bigby. I think the run game and the screen attacks will slow down their D.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack will pull this one out. The additions on D are solid. We might get Harris and Bigby. I think the run game and the screen attacks will slow down their D.

Has anyone heard anything official on these two??? I've been waiting for their return! Maybe just maybe they should sit them for the Dallas game to give them some extra time what with the bye week and those pesky Vikings looming. Or do you think they should play them against Dallas just so they can get their feet in the water so to speak? They cut Montgomery, so it looks like somebody is going to be moving up. Our D played like all pro champs last week, I think they can more than handle an ailing Dallas without Bigs and Harris.... I say save 'em for the Vikes!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK Croak...to your signature

Malum,dele, ut bonum floreat=
Destroy evil, in order that good men can prosper. Latin translators are tough!

Or maybe it means "An apple a day keeps the Dr. away".

Members online

Latest posts