2023 Game 16 rematch with the Vikings pregame thread: Win or stay home

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MLF allows Joe Barry to call a defense that allows Jaren Hall to win a must win game. That would be extremely embarrassing to say the least

At what point does the head coaches decision making cone into question?
If Cousins was the QB I would understand. But not a brand new tyro.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF has alluded to the fact that he is not going to fire JB during the season.

Going to wait until his contract is up, and then tell everyone what a great job he has done, and let him go.

I didn't say fire him, I said don't allow him to call a defense that is going to allow Jaren Hall to win a must win game...if the head coach allows that to happen with a chance to go to the playoffs on the line. Against a 5th round rookie qb making his 2nd start. He threw only 6 passes in his first start by the way

When is that MLF's fault?

You simply cant let Jaren Hall beat you when you have Jordan Love. They not on the same level. And I get it neither was Tommy Devito but seriously how many times can you let that happen in one season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say fire him, I said don't allow him to call a defense that is going to allow Jaren Hall to win a must win game...if the head coach allows that to happen with a chance to go to the playoffs on the line. Against a 5th round rookie qb making his 2nd start. He threw only 6 passes in his first start by the way

When is that MLF's fault?

You simply cant let Jaren Hall beat you when you have Jordan Love. They not on the same level. And I get it neither was Tommy Devito but seriously how many times can you let that happen in one season?
Goes back to my theory..The BOD has a hand in this.

Diff GM, diff HC and still same arguments and debates
Def sucks
Free agents
Drafting philosophy
Injuries ( yes I know this makes no sense but it happens. Same soft Tissue stuff) it's a debate for years.

I don't know why or how the bod would make all this the same but it's the only consistency after Ron Wolf

They for sure had a say in Brett being traded. Bergstrom kicked open his suite door and said he played his last game as a packer when Brett tossed the int vs the Giants in Nfccg

Call me crazy but just so many similar things for years

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely do think the bod has everything to do with the philosophy that they dont need to win the SB...its good enough for buisness to just be a contender every year

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That means a newbie who is wet under the ears.
The expression is; "Wet behind the ears.," not under them. But I like the way you put it. I haven't heard tyro thrown on the table for quite some time.

Interestingly enough, here's M-W's reference to it in "slang."

What does Tyro mean in slang? Amateur, dilettante, dabbler, tyro mean a person who follows a pursuit without attaining proficiency or professional status.

In proper circles, it's a beginner or novice.

I choose the slang. It kind of fits with a lot of these. Our you could have said, "Wet squib!," which is slang for the slang "Flash in the pan."

Oh Gawd! Where am I going with this................. Nap time!

Reaction score
It’s almost like we’re “trying” to lose this game.. or at least set the D up for failure. The D will be the scapegoat, but very few teams will play without either boundary CB or a bonafide Safety being legit and still excel Defensively.
It just might be we’re thinking getting a better look at our backups. If we lose? We’re back into a top 10 selection or better (draft a starting LT or starting DB etc) no big loss here as we pick early rounds. Having a Top 10 overall player and a pair of Top 40 selections in Rd2 is appealing also.
If we win? Great! We get healthier next week (or possibly into the postseason) and have both DB’s and Savage back, plus a good chance Watson or Musgrave

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have NO faith in Barry's ability to stop Jefferson, Addison, Osborn, AND Chandler/Mattison. I also have faith in Love regularly beating their blitzing D. Whoever wins turnover battle wins due to the extra possession(s). Packers 45 - Vikes 42.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The expression is; "Wet behind the ears.," not under them. But I like the way you put it. I haven't heard tyro thrown on the table for quite some time.

Interestingly enough, here's M-W's reference to it in "slang."

What does Tyro mean in slang? Amateur, dilettante, dabbler, tyro mean a person who follows a pursuit without attaining proficiency or professional status.

In proper circles, it's a beginner or novice.

I choose the slang. It kind of fits with a lot of these. Our you could have said, "Wet squib!," which is slang for the slang "Flash in the pan."

Oh Gawd! Where am I going with this................. Nap time!
The Latin root was used to refer to someone in the ancients who was a military recruit. But use of the word has diminished in the last 50 years. I believe I picked it up from doing crossword puzzles as a kid.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stokes is out again
No big loss in my opinion. He hasn't been very good in the few games that he has played. He and Alexander are starting to remind me of the frustrations we went through with Dix, Randall and Rollins. Throw in Kevin King and Josh Jackson as well. I swear, the Packers secondary is cursed and/or poorly coached/conditioned.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me thinks we should be aggressive and send a 5th rusher regular.

Give Jaren Hall a dose of the NFL upfront and close. That also clogs rushing lanes more because your stuffing a crease.

Keep Quay Walker parallel to Hall at all times. This time don’t wait to take my advice into the 2nd half, like they did with DeVito. It’s very obvious to me the Vikings saw our weakness against a scrambling QB due to complete negligence. They didn’t bench Mullens to discipline him, the activated Hall to run all over us

Scouting key:

“His accuracy becomes an issue when not allow to properly set his feet”.

So.., don’t let him set his feet. Make him run

If we send five and Quay is in mirror patrol they will EAT the remaining five UP!!!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No big loss in my opinion. He hasn't been very good in the few games that he has played. He and Alexander are starting to remind me of the frustrations we went through with Dix, Randall and Rollins. Throw in Kevin King and Josh Jackson as well. I swear, the Packers secondary is cursed and/or poorly coached/conditioned.
I think Stokes may be gone next year. He is not going to be able to heal again.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there was ever a time to scheme run blitz its tonight. Great posts on here. Stop making sense!! We all know the clown car passengers are aplenty. I cannot stand losing to the queens. I hate em worse than the bears. Just get after this newbie qb and play man or blitz, no zone.

Oh I forgot we have cheeleader Joe as our DC. He picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry's rough was probably Lafleur telling him "your contract is up we are not resigning you. These last 3 games are your chance to showcase your talents to rest of the league. We are still your employer..do not make us regret it!"

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still stings though, but I don't think we are cursed, just as of late. Am I the only person that remembers Woodson, Williams, Collins, Harris, Sharper, and Butler just to name some? I definitely agree that, as of late, they have looked bad, but some of those players were undrafted or very low picks. I think the GBP are looking too hard for the next big homerun and have really forgotten how to coach great talent up. Honestly, I can see a ton of regression this year, are we just to assume that is the players and not coaching?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think the GBP are looking too hard for the next big homerun and have really forgotten how to coach great talent up. Honestly, I can see a ton of regression this year, are we just to assume that is the players and not coaching?
I think some is coaching, some is scouting, some is players, some is injuries and some is the big money.

Bottom line, no matter where you draft a player or how he plays one season, there are no guarantees from year to year or even from game to game. Yet, many of the players are guaranteed a lot of money, no matter what the outcome. This is possibly my biggest pet peeve when it comes to the NFL and other Sports.

Members online

Latest posts