2023 Game 16 rematch with the Vikings pregame thread: Win or stay home

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Two teams fighting to stay in contention for a wildcard slot. Loser has the slimmest of odds if not being outright eliminated. Can the Packers defense carry their weight for a whole game? Will the upstart offense crumble under the spotlight of Sunday night football? Who will return from injury and who will get injured in practice this week?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Vikings go with Dobbs. He's going to present problems with his running ability and extending plays. Not ready for prediction yet

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Vikings go with Dobbs. He's going to present problems with his running ability and extending plays. Not ready for prediction yet
From what I have read the Vikings are supposed to be done with him. But it will be interesting to see what they do in the next couple days. If Dobbs plays and fails by chance the coach gets railed. If he plays the rookie they will not expect much. If they go with Mullens it could be 50/50.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings play with intensity. So we have to match that. And I hope we don't try calling plays over the crowd noise. Maybe just one or two hand signals with a receiver or RB. Try and keep it simple and execute. and I hope we see fewer end arounds to the W/O and fewer 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage passes. Just fewer.

Last edited:

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire has been suspended for the Vikings game. "Conduct unbecoming..."

Grabbing popcorn and soda for afternoon Twitter wars. Gonna be a trip...

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander suspended. I think he's TRYING to be gone.

Where there is smoke there is fire. He is driving the World Series trophy around the parking lot at this point.

I think the Packers have been covering for him for weeks over the entire shoulder thing (Christmas miracle he was suddenly well enough to play in his hometown), but when a guy just trots himself out to make the coin call for the heck of it and it becomes a story, either you take action or you put yourself in a position to look like anyone can do anything at any time. Wouldn't be shocking if this was the last time we saw him in a Packers uniform. Next week it will be more shoulder stuff.

Bad enough the JB thing is out there making it look like MLF has no control.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Alexander suspended. I think he's TRYING to be gone.
Opps...posted this in the Barry thread.

I am glad to see the Packers suspending him for being a complete idiot. This was a classic example of putting his own needs before the teams.

Now lets just hope it doesn't save Barry's job.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire. He is driving the World Series trophy around the parking lot at this point.

I think the Packers have been covering for him for weeks over the entire shoulder thing (Christmas miracle he was suddenly well enough to play in his hometown), but when a guy just trots himself out to make the coin call for the heck of it and it becomes a story, either you take action or you put yourself in a position to look like anyone can do anything at any time. Wouldn't be shocking if this was the last time we saw him in a Packers uniform. Next week it will be more shoulder stuff.

Bad enough the JB thing is out there making it look like MLF has no control.
If you are correct and JA will be gone this offseason and he returns to his All-Pro level of play for his new team I'll be pissed and not at him. I'll be unhappy that MLF allowed that side of the ball to become such a mess by sticking with a nincompoop at DC that one of his best players revolted making it impossible to keep him around and he had to be shipped off to another team.

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There needs to be a better way of compensating athletes in this league. There should be a year end assessment with big or small bonuses based on performance and not a big paycheck before a season. This has bit us with the salary cap for people not on the field. What motivation is there to get out there if you already got paid?????

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be unhappy that MLF allowed that side of the ball to become such a mess by sticking with a nincompoop at DC that one of his best players revolted making it impossible to keep him around and he had to be shipped off to another team.

Both are wrong. MLF for allowing this to go on with JB and Jaire doing whatever Jaire is doing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings offense is a joke. Vikings fans were convinced that Dobbs was the answer. Every purple fan that I talked with thought that I was insane for suggesting that Dobbs may be a flash in the pan, once defenses figured out his scrambling. Dobbs imploded quickly. Mullins sucks too. They really have no options and no offense, and that was before losing TJ Hockenson and DJ Wonnum last week.

Our offense will likely struggle against their defense, but their offense will struggle and bumble even worse against ours. I predict an easy victory for our home team.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings offense is a joke. Vikings fans were convinced that Dobbs was the answer. Every purple fan that I talked with thought that I was insane for suggesting that Dobbs may be a flash in the pan, once defenses figured out his scrambling. Dobbs imploded quickly. Mullins sucks too. They really have no options and no offense, and that was before losing TJ Hockenson and DJ Wonnum last week.

Our offense will likely struggle against their defense, but their offense will struggle and bumble even worse against ours. I predict an easy victory for our home team.
That's all they have to do is run,run,run. Make easier 3rd downs and throw it on 3rd and 2 to the wide open guy on third down. They maybe a crappy, but, our defense has looked TERRIBLE against crappy teams!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all they have to do is run,run,run. Make easier 3rd downs and throw it on 3rd and 2 to the wide open guy on third down. They maybe a crappy, but, our defense has looked TERRIBLE against crappy teams!

Why it is important for the Packers to try to force them into as many 3rd and 30s as possible.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both are wrong. MLF for allowing this to go on with JB and Jaire doing whatever Jaire is doing.
I'm not condoning what JA did. He should have gone up to MLF and asked to be one of the captains before game day. All I am saying is I won't be happy if JA is traded and returns to form for another team while MLF keeps Barry around while the defense keeps circling the drain.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Our defense has made worse offenses look like world beaters (see NYG and Panthers games). I don't see this as an easy victory at all, especially in Minneapolis.

Members online

Latest posts