NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously counting the Lions 2x and the Texans in that mix?

Uh, yeah... those were both playoff teams.

I hear you on the Giants and the Cowboys but common...that's a ridiculous stat and of course your opponents had more wins than us because we had a bye and im sure you didn't factor in that you played an extra opponent being the Giants with 12 wins.

Try to follow along. I was specifically referring to each team's last 6 regular season opponents. Your bye week doesn't factor into that and no, I didn't count the Giants playoff game.

Listen, there were a lot of teams that didn't make the playoffs because we stole their soul, to include last years Super Bowl Champions Denver Broncos when we smashed them in Denver. We dropped 40+ on Carolina 2x and could have scored 50. As I remember those units had great defenses 365 days ago. Double digits over the Raiders in Oakland. 40+ on the Bucs in Tampa? Just look at what our offense did against Seattle 2x this year.

Stole their soul? Are you kidding me? You're a bit touched ain'tcha? Denver didn't make it because Manning retired. BTW, your offense averaged 31 points in 2 games against Seattle. We only played them once but put up 38 on them.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I believe Atlanta has the better overall team I just don't know how you bet against Aaron Rodgers right now. He just beat what was from start to finish the best team in football.

Gonna be painful to watch, but also should be an exciting football game.

Green Bay 37, Atlanta 34.

Also if Green Bay wins the Super Bowl it makes the loss a little easier to stomach.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones and Peanut Tillman have been seen hanging out together in Green Bay, cell phones in hand. :coffee:

All kidding aside, by everything that I have read and what writers are saying, McCarthy is holding this information tight to the vest, possibly as a strategic thing. However, if you read what he says and what he doesn't say, it appears that Jordy is really the only WR who may not suit up on Sunday. There are some even positive signs when it comes to Jordy, but he would just be an added bonus.

If Adams is a go, I really think we get along fine without Jordy. We will need him near 100% for the SB though, so I highly doubt he plays. Remember, if needed we can put Ty back at WR and Michael can handle RB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Although I believe Atlanta has the better overall team I just don't know how you bet against Aaron Rodgers right now. He just beat what was from start to finish the best team in football.

Gonna be painful to watch, but also should be an exciting football game.

Green Bay 37, Atlanta 34.

Also if Green Bay wins the Super Bowl it makes the loss a little easier to stomach.

Good post CF, after Sunday, there will still be plenty of room on the Packer Band wagon for Atlanta fans too! ;) The Giants fans all seemed to leave for some "Boat Ride with Justin Bieber" promotion.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron is sick and it's spreading across the locker room.

Can we catch a break, like once?

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out James Starks and JC Tretter for Sunday's NFCCG at Atlanta. Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Morgan Burnett, Jordy Nelson and Quinten Rollins listed as questionable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers rule out James Starks and JC Tretter for Sunday's NFCCG at Atlanta. Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Morgan Burnett, Jordy Nelson and Quinten Rollins listed as questionable.

I will take questionable at this point!! Encouraging news. Have to wonder how much MM is going to reveal between now and 1 PM on Sunday when the inactive list is due. Keep it close to the vest MM, we are playing to be in the SB!

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, yeah... those were both playoff teams.

Try to follow along. I was specifically referring to each team's last 6 regular season opponents. Your bye week doesn't factor into that and no, I didn't count the Giants playoff game.

Stole their soul? Are you kidding me? You're a bit touched ain'tcha? Denver didn't make it because Manning retired. BTW, your offense averaged 31 points in 2 games against Seattle. We only played them once but put up 38 on them.

Listen you said "Since Thanksgiving we are 5-0 against teams that made the playoffs". I pointed out who those teams were (Dallas, Giants, Lions, Lions, Texans). Now you want to call me "touched"? It doesnt really matter, because your team is getting boat raced and losing on Sunday. Most likely by double digits. All the signs are out there. I know it, Vegas knows ....so Brace yourself my friend. I say 41-27 and its not even that close.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Listen you said "Since Thanksgiving we are 5-0 against teams that made the playoffs". I pointed out who those teams were (Dallas, Giants, Lions, Lions, Texans). Now you want to call me "touched"? It doesnt really matter, because your team is getting boat raced and losing on Sunday. Most likely by double digits. All the signs are out there. I know it, Vegas knows ....so Brace yourself my friend. I say 41-27 and its not even that close.
You have a boat?

D

Deleted member 6794

For what its worth....

No. 4 Green Bay Packers at No. 2 Atlanta Falcons

Sunday | 3:05 p.m. ET | Fox

Referee: Bill Vinovich

Packers' record in his games: 3-4

Falcons' record in his games: 6-3

Vinovich's regular-season crew called 12.5 penalties per game in 2016, 31.7 percent fewer than the league leader (Brad Allen, 18.4). This was not a new development for Vinovich. In fact, his regular-season crew has called fewer than the NFL average number of fouls in each of the five seasons since he returned to the field in 2012 after recovering from a heart issue. ... This was especially notable in the area of offensive holding, where his crew called exactly half the number of fouls (31) as the league leader (62). He also called three fouls for roughing the passer, a fourth of the league leader (12), and had the second-fewest combined calls for taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct. ... He did eject two players, the only referee other than Jeff Triplette to disqualify more than one this season.

These numbers are completely irrelevant as Vinovich isn't working with his regular season crew in Sunday's game.

All teams have injuries and nobody is saying Boo about ours, so here they are:

Starting All Pro CB - Trufant - Torn Pectoral - we now have 2nd year project Jalen Collins and rookie Poole in the nickel

Trufant has never been named to an All-Pro team.

No doubtful's. Encouraging.

I will take questionable at this point!! Encouraging news. Have to wonder how much MM is going to reveal between now and 1 PM on Sunday when the inactive list is due. Keep it close to the vest MM, we are playing to be in the SB!

Don't forget that the Packers didn't practice today but will tomorrow and possibly update their injury report afterwards.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These numbers are completely irrelevant as Vinovich isn't working with his regular season crew in Sunday's game.

Trufant has never been named to an All-Pro team.

Don't forget that the Packers didn't practice today but will tomorrow and possibly update their injury report afterwards.
im sorry...he went to the pro-bowl

D

Deleted member 6794

Listen you said "Since Thanksgiving we are 5-0 against teams that made the playoffs". I pointed out who those teams were (Dallas, Giants, Lions, Lions, Texans). Now you want to call me "touched"?

It seems you have no idea when Thanksgiving is actually being celebrated. The Packers didn't play the Lions twice since then but crushed the Seahawks 38-10 in December.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems you have no idea when Thanksgiving is actually being celebrated. The Packers didn't play the Lions twice since then but crushed the Seahawks 38-10 in December.

Touche'...i confused the Lions helmet with the Seahawks

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is being smart with how vague he's being. I don't think we'll know anything until gametime.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Jordy, Crosby, and Rodgers are all sick now. They are talking about this game being like the Jordan Flu Game.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its really not the 6 point spread that is so concerning to me. The real public burial will come with the Over/under. Try to find one friend, one media star, an athlete....anyone right now that likes "the Under 61". Just look at the first meeting...33-32...and both teams are red hot now.

Some other crazy OVER stats. ATL has went over the total in every one of their home games this season (9-0) while GB has went over in 7 of their 9 road games. As a favorite the Falcons have went over 10 of those 11 games, with the 11th being a push. Meanwhile the Packers have went over in 4 of their 5 games as a dog.

Like i said earlier, the game this year went over the total (51) by 14 points. Packers have went over 6 games in a row. Falcons have went over 6 of their last 7, the one game that didn't was a push. Falcons are 14-2-1 going over the total this year.

If you take the GB/ATL under then you pretty much have to take the Falcons side. No way the Packers slow down the Falcons offense. We average 37 at home and your pass D is 31st. Falcons D has looked decent lately. I say that, but crazier things have happened. What if Matty goes down early and Schaub comes in?

Why is everyone on the over? Because the number is too low. Literally EVERYTHING points to it going over. Normally when it seems this much of a sure bet I avoid it but the only way it doesn't go over is if there are a ton of turnovers after long drives or fgs or something freekish happens. Im revising my final score from above and im giving my Falcons 37 and your Packers 23. Falcons and the Under.

Sky King

Reaction score
Its really not the 6 point spread that is so concerning to me. The real public burial will come with the Over/under. Try to find one friend, one media star, an athlete....anyone right now that likes "the Under 61". Just look at the first meeting...33-32...and both teams are red hot now.

Some other crazy OVER stats. ATL has went over the total in every one of their home games this season (9-0) while GB has went over in 7 of their 9 road games. As a favorite the Falcons have went over 10 of those 11 games, with the 11th being a push. Meanwhile the Packers have went over in 4 of their 5 games as a dog.

Like i said earlier, the game this year went over the total (51) by 14 points. Packers have went over 6 games in a row. Falcons have went over 6 of their last 7, the one game that didn't was a push. Falcons are 14-2-1 going over the total this year.

If you take the GB/ATL under then you pretty much have to take the Falcons side. No way the Packers slow down the Falcons offense. We average 37 at home and your pass D is 31st. Falcons D has looked decent lately. I say that, but crazier things have happened. What if Matty goes down early and Schaub comes in?

Why is everyone on the over? Because the number is too low. Literally EVERYTHING points to it going over. Normally when it seems this much of a sure bet I avoid it but the only way it doesn't go over is if there are a ton of turnovers after long drives or fgs or something freekish happens. Im revising my final score from above and im giving my Falcons 37 and your Packers 23. Falcons and the Under.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The final score of the game is what matters. Are you one those fans that claims the bad calls and ref's lost the game for your team? All the calls go to the opposing team? The other teams defensive line holds every play? I hope your here to converse after the game. Falcons win, you can come back to gloat (seems that would be your speed) or lose, come back to have a civil discussion. This is not regular season football, anything can and will happen.
I've already stated multiple times that if you win I would come back to wish y'all good luck. Don't let reading comprehension get in the way..

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've already stated multiple times that if you win I would come back to wish y'all good luck. Don't let reading comprehension get in the way..

If we lose, i will come back and kiss the ring and bid you good luck in the SB against Most likely the evil empire. It might take a while because im usually in the fetal position for about 24 hours...this might be 48.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts