NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said before let's just box the trophy up and send it to GB. There is clearly no possible way the Falcons can stop Rodgers from scoring every single possession...

You sound shocked about wandering into a Packers forum and not having a plethora of people telling you why they think the Falcons are going to beat the Packers or something.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sound shocked about wandering into a Packers forum and not having a plethora of people telling you why they think the Falcons are going to beat the Packers or something.

I always get shocked by posters like this. They are diehard fans of other teams that come here and share why their team is great and the Packers won't win and are shocked Packer fans disagree

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always get shocked by posters like this. They are diehard fans of other teams that come here and share why their team is great and the Packers won't win and are shocked Packer fans disagree

Life is hard when you leave the bubble. Reality is a b***h.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I'm not shocked at all I've been here all week debating back and forth with y'all. I have never once doubted that this will be a great hard fought game and I didn't come here to try and convert anyone. I came here and have discussed football and reasons why I think we may have your number this time around. I've gotten a lot of lazy nu uh Aaron Rodgers responses.. but I guess when you've been privileged with 30 years of amazing qb play that's just kind of your go to.

Once again I'm just being sarcastic when I say we should box the trophy up. Nothing any of us say has any effect on this game I'm just here enjoying talking football.

I'm sure y'all would get plenty of similar responses from our boards.

Good luck to y'all!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
lol ... I'm sure y'all would get plenty of similar responses from our boards.

Exactly. I am sure if anyone did the exact reverse on a Falcons board, or any other board, there would be a similar disconnect.

As with any board, half of us here are self-proclaimed homers. Then, half of the remainder are also homers, but won't admit it. And of the last group, half are wannabe homers, half are pessimists who only complain, and half are lurkers who never post. Then there is one or two who are bad at math.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I am sure if anyone did the exact reverse on a Falcons board, or any other board, there would be a similar disconnect.

As with any board, half of us here are self-proclaimed homers. Then, half of the remainder are also homers, but won't admit it. And of the last group, half are wannabe homers, half are pessimists who only complain, and half are lurkers who never post. Then there is one or two who are bad at math.
lol yeah that's a lot of halves ....

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didnt realize how good Davis and Allison are until i re-watched the game again. Davis has really good speed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The nfl sack leader getting schooled on a qb keeper.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice resolution. Try some aluminum foil on your antennas next time.

I paused it at a point to see the ball.. So it is the dvr..

But don't be mad the all world sack leader got schooled.. It's okay

I Can try to please you, but your a dirty bird

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of lazy nu uh Aaron Rodgers responses..
Not a bad strategy considering the guy is playing quarterback better than it's ever been played in the history of the National Football League.

Bottom line: If he's not great, we don't have a prayer.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a whole, the GB defense is getting healthier after Perry broke his hand and CM3 separated his shoulder late last year. I believe both Perry and Mathews are getting more comfortable each week with their recovery. I also believe, between Peppers, Perry and Matthews, that one of these guys will have a comeback party game this week and make a play(s) that will change the tide of the outcome of this game.
As much as it would be awesome to have Jordy back, I honestly don't think we need him. We should concentrate on getting him healthy for the SB if we do our job.
While we lost Jordy, we picked up Cobb, Montgomery and Cook..who were all inactive in Atlanta in October. Another point is GB will have Ty Montgomery and Christine Michael running Sunday which is an obvious upgrade over
Don Jackson and Kniles Davis last meeting
While these changes are no guarantee of success against a very formidable Atlanta passing game, I believe we have a strategic edge to get another upset on the road.
You guys sound like Seattle fans. Unbelievable. This is totally different team. Everyone waiting on Matty Ice to choke. We have NEVER ever had an offensive line like we do now. Alex Mack is a BEAST. Have you ever seen a team score 35 pts in the first half? GB is 0-3 against Dan Quinning. Our defense will create turnovers. We have face the NFL best mobile QB than any other team. Our young rookies has finally learned the system & are playing fast & physical. It will not surprise me though if we lose. It will not surprise me if blow GB out. I just cant wait to get this game started.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a team score 35 pts in the first half
Not sure, and don't have time to look at the moment, if the Packers have done it since Rodgers had SIX passing TDs in the first half a few seasons back. So that 42 trumps your 35 and can be included since you said EVER.
EDIT: OK I had time. Closest to 35 since that game was 31 put up on, well lookie here, the Falcons in 2014 a few weeks later.

Last edited:

FalconBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to make Packers and Falcons fans proud of their QBs in my opinion. The winning team will also get to be proud of their defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

While we lost Jordy, we picked up Cobb, Montgomery and Cook..who were all inactive in Atlanta in October. Another point is GB will have Ty Montgomery and Christine Michael running Sunday which is an obvious upgrade over
Don Jackson and Kniles Davis last meeting

Unfortunately it seems Adams and Allison are iffy for Sunday´s game as well. Both not being able to play would be devastating for the Packers.

Well dan Quinn is 3-0 against Rodgers.. but hey your right we should just box the trophy up and send it to GB and not even bother playing the game bc there's no way our defense could possibly out perform their defensive ranking on a given sunday. It's great to be a fan but when you lack perspective you come off as arrogant. I wish you luck Sunday.
It's not just DQ that found his kryptonite. When teams play press coverage he struggles if he can't escape the pocket and buy an extra 8 seconds.. NY had him on lock till DRC got hurt. Dallas had him on lock the second half until they lost contain on a classic Arod buys 10 seconds play. GB is beatable I'm sorry to inform you. We will have to play 100% disciplined football to win.

Like I said Rodgers will make plenty of plays nobody's denying that.. but I believe we can string enough good defensive plays to get him off the field 2-3 times in the game

Two of Quinn´s wins against Rodgers are completely irrelevant as they happened while he was with the Seahawks and their defense has way more talent than the Falcons. In week 8 Atlanta won the game because of their offense.

It´s hilarious that you seemed to have figured out Rodgers´ kryptonite yet defensive coordinators around the NFL have struggled to contain the Packers offense as the unit has scored 30 points in six consecutive games while facing four top six scoring defenses over that period.

Don´t get me wrong, I don´t expect the Packers to score a touchdown on every single drive but I believe they will put up enough points to win the game if the defense gets some timely stops.

That shouldn't have happened if Arod is 100% unstoppable like people on here claim.

Once again, nobody is claiming Rodgers is unstoppable but there´s no doubt it´s extremely tough to contain him for an entire game.

Didnt realize how good Davis and Allison are until i re-watched the game again. Davis has really good speed.

While Davis is fast he isn´t a polished route runner and Rodgers doesn´t trust him a lot.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems Adams and Allison are iffy for Sunday´s game as well. Both not being able to play would be devastating for the Packers.

Two of Quinn´s wins against Rodgers are completely irrelevant as they happened while he was with the Seahawks and their defense has way more talent than the Falcons. In week 8 Atlanta won the game because of their offense.

It´s hilarious that you seemed to have figured out Rodgers´ kryptonite yet defensive coordinators around the NFL have struggled to contain the Packers offense as the unit has scored 30 points in six consecutive games while facing four top six scoring defenses over that period.

Don´t get me wrong, I don´t expect the Packers to score a touchdown on every single drive but I believe they will put up enough points to win the game if the defense gets some timely stops.

Once again, nobody is claiming Rodgers is unstoppable but there´s no doubt it´s extremely tough to contain him for an entire game.

While Davis is fast he isn´t a polished route runner and Rodgers doesn´t trust him a lot.

defensive coordinators around the NFL have struggled to contain the Falcons offense as the unit has scored 30 points in 7 games and 40 points in 5 other games.

Your defense isn't going to magically contain our offense either. We will score enough points to win the game regardless of what Aaron does.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 6794

defensive coordinators around the NFL have struggled to contain the Falcons offense as the unit has scored 30 points in 7 games and 40 points in 5 other games.

Your defense isn't going to magically contain our offense either.

As I´ve said repeatedly I don´t feel comfortable at all about the Packers defense being able to stop Atlanta´s offense.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what forum your in and cant say i know any Falcons fans that share that opinion. Try Falconsroost.com if you want the true pulse of old school Falcons fans. Been a member there before the internet was invented.
"Talk about the falcons - Falcon life forums"

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cowboys were down 21-3 yet somehow managed to make it 31-31 in the second half.. that shouldn't have been possible if a team hadnt figured out to slow arod down enough to allow a comeback. That shouldn't have happened if Arod is 100% unstoppable like people on here claim.
The final score of the game is what matters. Are you one those fans that claims the bad calls and ref's lost the game for your team? All the calls go to the opposing team? The other teams defensive line holds every play? I hope your here to converse after the game. Falcons win, you can come back to gloat (seems that would be your speed) or lose, come back to have a civil discussion. This is not regular season football, anything can and will happen.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys sound like Seattle fans. Unbelievable. This is totally different team. Everyone waiting on Matty Ice to choke. We have NEVER ever had an offensive line like we do now. Alex Mack is a BEAST. Have you ever seen a team score 35 pts in the first half? GB is 0-3 against Dan Quinning. Our defense will create turnovers. We have face the NFL best mobile QB than any other team. Our young rookies has finally learned the system & are playing fast & physical. It will not surprise me though if we lose. It will not surprise me if blow GB out. I just cant wait to get this game started.

The Packers have 1 turnover is the last 6 weeks and 2 in the last 8.

Highly doubt Atlanta gets more than one, especially since they had 0 in the last match up.