PFF Grades Pre-Season vs Saints Game - Best/Worst

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wyatt hasn't even played a single snap in a regular season game. I guess it
might be smart to wait a bit longer before declaring him a disappointment.

The Packers played only an average of 2.3 defensive linemen per snap last season.

As to point #1, he’s pretty far down the depth chart, why do you believe he’s suddenly going to turn it around playing against 1’s on offense? I’m not saying he’s a bust but he’s certainly been a disappointment this season; obviously nobody should make any long-term assertions based on a rookie season.

#2 - Because the dline players weren’t very good. Why do people ignore this facet of personnel on the field? You think the DC just liked corner backs more and intentionally put worst players on the field cause he hates heavy players? If that’s the case then the Wyatt pick makes absolutely no sense.

D

Deleted member 6794

As to point #1, he’s pretty far down the depth chart, why do you believe he’s suddenly going to turn it around playing against 1’s on offense? I’m not saying he’s a bust but he’s certainly been a disappointment this season; obviously nobody should make any long-term assertions based on a rookie season.

What season are you talking about??? The Packers haven't played any meaningful games so far. I agree that I would have expected Wyatt to stay ahead of Slaton and Heflin on the depth chart through camp but it's far too early to make any statement about his rookie season before it even started.

#2 - Because the dline players weren’t very good. Why do people ignore this facet of personnel on the field? You think the DC just liked corner backs more and intentionally put worst players on the field cause he hates heavy players? If that’s the case then the Wyatt pick makes absolutely no sense.

There isn't any team around the league playing a base 3-4 defense which lines up with three, let alone four down linemen on the majority of downs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Then being 4-5 the depth chart is even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I expected Wyatt to compete for a starting job from the get-go as well but there's no reason to write him off because he hasn't been able to at this point at all.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I expected Wyatt to compete for a starting job from the get-go as well but there's no reason to write him off because he hasn't been able to at this point at all.

Maybe I mistyped somewhere but I never intended to imply that I'd written him off. I just said his play thus far has been disappointing.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe I mistyped somewhere but I never intended to imply that I'd written him off. I just said his play thus far has been disappointing.

While you never posted that you have written off Wyatt at this point you definitely made it sound like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts