NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans,

I said I would be back. Nothing but respect for your team and fans. To many injuries and some early misfortune. Those are the breaks. You will be back and #12 will have 1 or 2 more before it's said and done. Be thankful that you have the most storied history in football to fall back on.

We lose this SB and back to trash heap for us.

GL next year.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Luck to the Falcons. An NFC win is a win for all of us...sort of.......(Excluding a Philadelphia Eagles win obviously, that would be a travesty)

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans,

I said I would be back. Nothing but respect for your team and fans. To many injuries and some early misfortune. Those are the breaks. You will be back and #12 will have 1 or 2 more before it's said and done. Be thankful that you have the most storied history in football to fall back on.

We lose this SB and back to trash heap for us.

GL next year.

I agree completely. Was hoping for a more competitive game, but Atlanta is on another level from everyone else in the NFC. This is the NFL though. That always changes. There is a reason only one team has repeated as NFC champs in the last decade.

Green Bay like the other the team they beat last week just needs to address some of their defensive issues via the draft, get healthy, and they'll be a top contender again next year and probably as long as Rodgers is still playing.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packers fans, we will see you next year. Aaron Rodgers is still the man. It's just our time. Your team has always had great fans. Thank you for letting me be on the boards this week
You're welcome back during the off season when both of our teams will be drafting at the back of each round. Good luck against the Pats, take 'em down!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty falcon fans..

Real class..

Gl!

except for the falcon fan on their boards talking trash about our packers and the crazy falcon lady running around the stadium knocking our precious cheesheads off packer fans' heads!

Sui_Generis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Luck next year Pack. With a revamped defense and healthy team the Pack will be back. Hopefully my birds can take down whomever they face. Cheers and heres to a great offseason.

Good luck in the future and may we have another dance in the new stadium.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much respect to all PACKERS fan. I was at the game & I told every GB fan seating around me that you guys are an class act. You have nothing to be ashamed of b/c the many injuries and playing on the road in a hostile environment was not in your favor. But I just wanted you guys to know that our defense is not as bad as the media said that we are. Dan Quinn knew how GB wanted to attack the Falcons & he makes great adjustments. We have a lot of rookies and second year players starting on defense that are fast and physical. We have a LONG way to go to become a great defense but when you have an offense that average 30 + puts a game average is ok. Great season GB. I enjoyed your football knowledge and welcoming me to you guys page. I love talking about football without cursing or arguing or disrespecting. Much love and respect.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much respect to all yall thanks again for talking some really good football with me all week!
Cyall next year for the rematch!

get healthy!

Heres to the NFC capturing the Lombardi back.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except for the falcon fan on their boards talking trash about our packers and the crazy falcon lady running around the stadium knocking our precious cheesheads off packer fans' heads!
its a message board, as if people here wouldnt be talking about the falcons choking had yall won..

good luck guys!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching staff failed in this one, since we had more injuries in the game we only lost by 1 point.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcon fan here, not here to spout off about my team being world beaters just here to discuss football.

Just wanna pick at what you said here a bit. Seattle said the same exact thing you just did. They brought pressure all game and it backfired dearly. Ryan went 10/15 for 157 when Seattle blitzed. Everyone's solution is that ryan will break if you put him under pressure but he has dealt with it all year. He's been sacked 34+ times this season and stood in the pocket all season and delivered ball after ball. He may not be the mobile qb Arod is but he has improved his pocket presence 10x fold this season.

We all know this games gonna be a shootout and GB will likely get a sack or 2 as is par for the course against Atlanta. Gonna be a great game for sure!

37-30Atlanta

I think Rogers goes downhill too, As Does Ryan, when he is rushed effectively and gets sacked a few times. I wonder how many times both qbs have been sacked? Anyone know? I bet Rogers has been sacked fewer times than Ryan this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's not TT's fault this year. The players were in place. All starts with CB's on D.

Entering this season cornerback was a perceived strength. Unfortunately with Shields being done it became abundantly clear the position was in dire need of an upgrade. Unfortunately Thompson stood pat and it was the main reason the Packers aren´t going to the Super Bowl. Time to move on from TT.

I think Rogers goes downhill too, As Does Ryan, when he is rushed effectively and gets sacked a few times. I wonder how many times both qbs have been sacked? Anyone know? I bet Rogers has been sacked fewer times than Ryan this season.

Including the playoffs both quarterbacks were sacked 43 times this season with Rodgers having played in the wild card round as well.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Dang!!! I could tell from the get-go that we weren't going to be able to keep up with them. I think they played their hearts out at Dallas, were too banged up and sick to keep it going. I know that some people don't think those are good excuses, but I do.

I'm proud of the team. The team worked really hard to right the ship after things went south at the beginning of the season and for as inadequate and injured as the DB's were the defense did ok. The only thing I can't figure out is why the defense can't collapse the pocket. Are they just not big and strong enough? As far as scheme goes although I still think we need a fresh perspective regarding a DC, I don't know what any DC could have done with the players we had available.

I am kinda bummed that we won't get a very high draft pick but the end of the season was fun to watch and I won't be forgetting the Dallas game for a long time.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly this game or the result of it makes me feel better about that loss last week to you guys.

Dallas got down 21-3 to Green Bay last week. Atlanta dominanted this game against Green Bay from the get go.

It basically shows they're clearly the best team in the NFC right now. Even if Dallas gets past Green Bay I can't say with any confidence they don't get their doors blown off as well.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly this game or the result of it makes me feel better about that loss last week to you guys.

Dallas got down 21-3 to Green Bay last week. Atlanta dominanted this game against Green Bay from the get go.

It basically shows they're clearly the best team in the NFC right now. Even if Dallas gets past Green Bay I can't say with any confidence they don't get their doors blown off as well.

Yes atlanta tore apart our secondary. Other than that this game would have gone either way had our receivers been 100% healthy and our secondary at full strength.
The better team won yesterday and that was the Falcons.

BTW...had we come from behind and lost by a FG or TD....that would have hurt even more. I'm already over this game.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck to the Falcons fans. I wouldn't have thought to say this but I really do envy the Falcons D. Young, hard hitting and ascending defense.

I really hope they will go on to win the big game. They would deserve it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, Dang!!! I could tell from the get-go that we weren't going to be able to keep up with them. I think they played their hearts out at Dallas, were too banged up and sick to keep it going. I know that some people don't think those are good excuses, but I do.

I'm proud of the team. The team worked really hard to right the ship after things went south at the beginning of the season and for as inadequate and injured as the DB's were the defense did ok. The only thing I can't figure out is why the defense can't collapse the pocket. Are they just not big and strong enough? As far as scheme goes although I still think we need a fresh perspective regarding a DC, I don't know what any DC could have done with the players we had available.

Yes atlanta tore apart our secondary. Other than that this game would have gone either way had our receivers been 100% healthy and our secondary at full strength.
The better team won yesterday and that was the Falcons.

BTW...had we come from behind and lost by a FG or TD....that would have hurt even more. I'm already over this game.

The Packers entered the game at Atlanta missing only two week 1 starters. There´s absolutely no reason to use injuries as an excuse for not going to the Super Bowl. It was exciting to see the team rally after falling to 4-6 but ultimately they fell short of expectations once again.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers entered the game at Atlanta missing only two week 1 starters. There´s absolutely no reason to use injuries as an excuse for not going to the Super Bowl. It was exciting to see the team rally after falling to 4-6 but ultimately they fell short of expectations once again.
come on man, are you trying to imply this team had week two health to the team? Because a guy isn't on IR or inactive doesn't mean he's healthy, especially when they're bringing up guys that have been with the team only a month to back them up if they can't go. Plus we lost Brice on the first play. Not a week 2 starter, but are you trying to say he hasn't seen increased time in our defense the past 6 weeks? Hyde out beginning of 2nd quarter. Ryan out in the 3rd and that was just the defense. For as bad as Randall looked, he never looked that bad as a rookie. I'm sure his groin surgery and other injuries he played with all year had nothing to do with it. Rollins was active, but kept back in reserve, at least that was the plan, yet after Brice went down after the opening kick off the plan changed and players rotated before a defensive snap even happened. I don't know how anyone can't look at this season and say injuries weren't an issue. From the players it took out of the line up to the constant flux in position groups that notoriously play better the more they play together. Not just for this team, but for every team in the league.

It's funny how circumstances change things. the steelers have an injured and ineffective RB and they look like dog **** last week. The week before the Pats were extremely fortunate to be playing a team without a QB or they likely don't make it past their first game

D

Deleted member 6794

come on man, are you trying to imply this team had week two health to the team? Because a guy isn't on IR or inactive doesn't mean he's healthy, especially when they're bringing up guys that have been with the team only a month to back them up if they can't go. Plus we lost Brice on the first play. Not a week 2 starter, but are you trying to say he hasn't seen increased time in our defense the past 6 weeks? Hyde out beginning of 2nd quarter. Ryan out in the 3rd and that was just the defense. For as bad as Randall looked, he never looked that bad as a rookie. I'm sure his groin surgery and other injuries he played with all year had nothing to do with it. Rollins was active, but kept back in reserve, at least that was the plan, yet after Brice went down after the opening kick off the plan changed and players rotated before a defensive snap even happened. I don't know how anyone can't look at this season and say injuries weren't an issue. From the players it took out of the line up to the constant flux in position groups that notoriously play better the more they play together. Not just for this team, but for every team in the league.

It's funny how circumstances change things. the steelers have an injured and ineffective RB and they look like dog **** last week. The week before the Pats were extremely fortunate to be playing a team without a QB or they likely don't make it past their first game

There's no denying several players were banged up entering the NFCCG and losing some others during the game for sure didn't help but the Packers weren't significantly off worse than other teams in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts