NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re-watched the week 8 game, last night... the Falcons offense is very good, but their D isn't any better than the Packers D.
- Rodgers was only pressured a few times and eluded the rush consistently.
- Adams, Allison & Janis were regularly open.
- Very little Packer running game, most yards by a scrambling Rodgers.
- Last 40 seconds of the game AR had errant shots downfield, which he isn't missing now (except for his underthrown pick last week).
- Defensively the Packers stopped Freeman until the 2nd half when there was more focus on dropping LB's into coverage to help. 2nd half ward & Freeman found more holes.
- Gunter & Dix missed interceptions so Ryan isn't infallible.

This Sunday's game:
- We'll have Cobb, Monty & Cook this time.
- With Nelson, Adams & possibly Allison out/limited GB will use more 2 TE sets which should help the run attack even more. I see Monty over 100 yds. (running & receiving) & Michaels chipping in another 50.
- Cook will have a big receiving game
- Defensively Burnett should be in the box helping the run & (hopefully) covering Coleman out of the backfield.
- DB's can't continuously double Julio Jones allowing Sanu & Gabriel in single coverage... hopefully they'll disguise coverages better than week 8.

Both offenses will march up and down the field... turnovers & clutch D stops will determine which offense gets the ball more. Packers 43, Falcons 40.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll take a stab....

Green Bay is up 42-31 with 3 minutes to go. Capers is in his normal 4th quarter, double digit lead prevent defense. Ryan throws a touchdown with :54 on the clock, but doesn't get the 2 point conversion. Only this time, Green Bay recovers the onside kick and puts it away.

Final Score - Packers 42, Falcons 37.

Rodgers tosses 5 TD's, Rip runs in another.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Re-watched the week 8 game, last night... the Falcons offense is very good, but their D isn't any better than the Packers D.
- Rodgers was only pressured a few times and eluded the rush consistently.
- Adams, Allison & Janis were regularly open.
- Very little Packer running game, most yards by a scrambling Rodgers.
- Last 40 seconds of the game AR had errant shots downfield, which he isn't missing now (except for his underthrown pick last week).
- Defensively the Packers stopped Freeman until the 2nd half when there was more focus on dropping LB's into coverage to help. 2nd half ward & Freeman found more holes.
- Gunter & Dix missed interceptions so Ryan isn't infallible.

This Sunday's game:
- We'll have Cobb, Monty & Cook this time.
- With Nelson, Adams & possibly Allison out/limited GB will use more 2 TE sets which should help the run attack even more. I see Monty over 100 yds. (running & receiving) & Michaels chipping in another 50.
- Cook will have a big receiving game
- Defensively Burnett should be in the box helping the run & (hopefully) covering Coleman out of the backfield.
- DB's can't continuously double Julio Jones allowing Sanu & Gabriel in single coverage... hopefully they'll disguise coverages better than week 8.

Both offenses will march up and down the field... turnovers & clutch D stops will determine which offense gets the ball more. Packers 43, Falcons 40.
I re-watched the game as well, and I too noticed that Ryan gave our defense chances to create turnovers. I think if we're able to put consistent pressure on him, he will give us at least three opportunities to get a turnover.

But this doesn't mean anything if Rodgers and the offense coughs it up too. We need a clean, clean game.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if our starting WRs are out then who the hell will start? cobb, davis, and cook and rich?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These injuries to our receivers are really bumming me out and hurting my enthusiasm. I mean the secondary is one thing but the passing attack is the strength of our team. Jordy was looking like himself (one of the best receivers in the league), Davante was coming into his own as a top 10-15 receiver and he and Rodgers are completely on the same page, and Allison was making big plays as a rookie. I feel like no matter how bad the D is as long as we have our weapons we will win. But to have these players out/limited is going to effect Rodgers's confidence, especially in knowing where to be and when to be there. I know this is such a whiny post it just is a perfect shitstorm right when our offense was clicking like no other. Feel really bad for Jordy/Davante in particular, I wanna watch how far they've come this year

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if our starting WRs are out then who the hell will start? cobb, davis, and cook and rich?
Don't forget Rip'r out of the backfield! He can catch a ball! And with that kickers cage on his helmet, I am guessing that Crosby would be able to see the ball real well, that's two more! What about that lanky kid that hands out the Gatorade? I bet he's pretty fast. C'mon man, we have weapons all over the place!:rolleyes:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee that Adams and Allison will be out there. McCarthy has said that if it wasn't the playoffs, these guys would be sitting out so I think that he's saying they will sit out all week and then play. If they aren't able to cut or get separation, you'll see more of Janis, Davis, Richard Rodgers, and possibly Montgomery moving back to WR temporarily.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure MM isn't divulging anyone's "real" status until he must (Sat. afternoon?). Adams & Allison wouldn't play if this was regular season but I'm thinking both will be in uniform and on the field. Even hobbled they will tie-up Atlanta's CB's (1 & 3?) allowing Monty & Cook to work against a linebackers &/or safeties.

Mentioned it in previous post, but I also think with the hobbled WR's that we'll see more double TE sets and more running than we've seen since Lacy went out.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what its worth....

No. 4 Green Bay Packers at No. 2 Atlanta Falcons

Sunday | 3:05 p.m. ET | Fox

Referee: Bill Vinovich

Packers' record in his games: 3-4

Falcons' record in his games: 6-3

Vinovich's regular-season crew called 12.5 penalties per game in 2016, 31.7 percent fewer than the league leader (Brad Allen, 18.4). This was not a new development for Vinovich. In fact, his regular-season crew has called fewer than the NFL average number of fouls in each of the five seasons since he returned to the field in 2012 after recovering from a heart issue. ... This was especially notable in the area of offensive holding, where his crew called exactly half the number of fouls (31) as the league leader (62). He also called three fouls for roughing the passer, a fourth of the league leader (12), and had the second-fewest combined calls for taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct. ... He did eject two players, the only referee other than Jeff Triplette to disqualify more than one this season.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys,

These injuries to our receivers are really bumming me out and hurting my enthusiasm. I mean the secondary is one thing but the passing attack is the strength of our team. Jordy was looking like himself (one of the best receivers in the league), Davante was coming into his own as a top 10-15 receiver and he and Rodgers are completely on the same page, and Allison was making big plays as a rookie. I feel like no matter how bad the D is as long as we have our weapons we will win. But to have these players out/limited is going to effect Rodgers's confidence, especially in knowing where to be and when to be there. I know this is such a whiny post it just is a perfect shitstorm right when our offense was clicking like no other. Feel really bad for Jordy/Davante in particular, I wanna watch how far they've come this year

All teams have injuries and nobody is saying Boo about ours, so here they are:

Starting TE - Tamme lost for season with Shoulder injury vs Packers
Starting All Pro CB - Trufant - Torn Pectoral - we now have 2nd year project Jalen Collins and rookie Poole in the nickel
Starting WLB - Weatherspoon - We now have rookie Campbell
Starting DE - Clayborn - Upshaw is a converted LB

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packers fan living in Minnesota but a UofM alumni, I'm excited to see a pair of former Gopher football players again. De'Vondre Campbell has started most of the season at OLB for Atlanta if I remember correctly. Ra'Shede Hageman was a beast for the Gophers, but seems to have struggled to crack the starting lineup and I believe he had a domestic abuse charge early this season.

Any insight from the Atlanta fans about how these two have played?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys,
All teams have injuries and nobody is saying Boo about ours, so here they are:

Starting TE - Tamme lost for season with Shoulder injury vs Packers
Starting All Pro CB - Trufant - Torn Pectoral - we now have 2nd year project Jalen Collins and rookie Poole in the nickel
Starting WLB - Weatherspoon - We now have rookie Campbell
Starting DE - Clayborn - Upshaw is a converted LB
No crying allowed, Drew... our list is bigger than your list ;).
CB's - Out for the year #1 (Shields), #5 (Goodson), #6 (Dorleant). Missing significant time throughout season: #2 (Randall - sports hernia & hammy), #3 (Rollins- groin, neck & concussion).
RB's - Out for year #1 (Lacy), #3 (Crockett) #4 (Jackson). Missing significant time: #2 (Starks) with knee surgery & concussion.
NT/DT - #3 (Pennel) Out for 10 games & then cut for being a substance abusing D-bag.

Heading into this game there's concern whether the following can play:
WR's: #1 (Nelson), #2 (Adams), #4 (Allison)
DB's: #3CB (Rollins), #1 Safety (Burnett)

You're correct that all teams have injuries...these aren't an excuse, just coaching "hurdles".

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No crying allowed, Drew... our list is bigger than your list ;).
CB's - Out for the year #1 (Shields), #5 (Goodson), #6 (Dorleant). Missing significant time throughout season: #2 (Randall - sports hernia & hammy), #3 (Rollins- groin, neck & concussion).
RB's - Out for year #1 (Lacy), #3 (Crockett) #4 (Jackson). Missing significant time: #2 (Starks) with knee surgery & concussion.
NT/DT - #3 (Pennel) Out for 10 games & then cut for being a substance abusing D-bag.

Heading into this game there's concern whether the following can play:
WR's: #1 (Nelson), #2 (Adams), #4 (Allison)
DB's: #3CB (Rollins), #1 Safety (Burnett)

You're correct that all teams have injuries...these aren't an excuse, just coaching "hurdles".

There are never excuses until a team losses and reflects on what could have been. Did you hear Seattle after we beat them??? It was all about Sherman's Meniscus and safety issues. I know...your list is significantly bigger. I don't know if you can count Lacy's fatness as an injury though. I saw that coming last year and Im still bitter that I drafted that guy with 11th pick of my big money FF league draft.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packers fan living in Minnesota but a UofM alumni, I'm excited to see a pair of former Gopher football players again. De'Vondre Campbell has started most of the season at OLB for Atlanta if I remember correctly. Ra'Shede Hageman was a beast for the Gophers, but seems to have struggled to crack the starting lineup and I believe he had a domestic abuse charge early this season.

Any insight from the Atlanta fans about how these two have played?

Hageman is a bit of a headcase and disappears at times. Once and while he has a big play. He should get more reps this week with the Clayborn injury.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if you can count Lacy's fatness as an injury though. I saw that coming last year and Im still bitter that I drafted that guy with 11th pick of my big money FF league draft.
No more bitter than I am for drafting Gronk with the 9th pick in my no-money league! ;)

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea you had a tougher road only bc your team started the season 4-6 and had no choice but to make a run against a string of not very good teams.

Since Thanksgiving we are 5-0 against teams that made the playoffs. The Falcons are 3-2 against playoff teams for the entire season. Your last 6 regular season opponents had a combined 36 wins. Our last 6 opponents had 45 wins. On the whole season, your opponents had 122 wins. Our opponents had 129 wins. So you don't need to be talking about easy schedules.

Furthermore, every team we have played in the last 2 months had a better defense than the Falcons. We played 3 of the top 5 defenses and put up a combined 97 points against those three teams. You'll have to pardon us if we're not exactly afraid that your team will shut our offense down.

Pack 41
Birds 28

Last edited:

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Thanksgiving we are 5-0 against teams that made the playoffs. The Falcons are 3-2 against playoff teams for the entire season. Your last 6 regular season opponents had a combined 36 wins. Our last 6 opponents had 45 wins. On the whole season, your opponents had 122 wins. Our opponents had 129 wins. So you don't need to be talking about easy schedules.

Are you seriously counting the Lions 2x and the Texans in that mix? I hear you on the Giants and the Cowboys but common...that's a ridiculous stat and of course your opponents had more wins than us because we had a bye and im sure you didn't factor in that you played an extra opponent being the Giants with 12 wins. Listen, there were a lot of teams that didn't make the playoffs because we stole their soul, to include last years Super Bowl Champions Denver Broncos when we smashed them in Denver. We dropped 40+ on Carolina 2x and could have scored 50. As I remember those units had great defenses 365 days ago. Double digits over the Raiders in Oakland. 40+ on the Bucs in Tampa? Just look at what our offense did against Seattle 2x this year.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously counting the Lions 2x and the Texans in that mix? I hear you on the Giants and the Cowboys but common...that's a ridiculous stat and of course your opponents had more wins than us because we had a bye and im sure you didn't factor in that you played an extra opponent being the Giants with 12 wins. Listen, there were a lot of teams that didn't make the playoffs because we stole their soul, to include last years Super Bowl Champions Denver Broncos when we smashed them in Denver. We dropped 40+ on Carolina 2x and could have scored 50. As I remember those units had great defenses 365 days ago. Double digits over the Raiders in Oakland. 40+ on the Bucs in Tampa? Just look at what our offense did against Seattle 2x this year.

not calling just you out, but the packer fans in here too. its funny watching all of you bring up these obscure stats as if one of these times the other person is just going to say "omg you're right" and concede that the other team WILL win. maybe we should start a new thread and call it "The GB/ATL d*ck measuring contest"

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not calling just you out, but the packer fans in here too. its funny watching all of you bring up these obscure stats as if one of these times the other person is just going to say "omg you're right" and concede that the other team WILL win. maybe we should start a new thread and call it "The GB/ATL d*ck measuring contest"

Don't do that. I'll most definitely lose.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

James Jones and Peanut Tillman have been seen hanging out together in Green Bay, cell phones in hand. :coffee:

All kidding aside, by everything that I have read and what writers are saying, McCarthy is holding this information tight to the vest, possibly as a strategic thing. However, if you read what he says and what he doesn't say, it appears that Jordy is really the only WR who may not suit up on Sunday. There are some even positive signs when it comes to Jordy, but he would just be an added bonus.

Last edited:

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think its just me and Larry David posting here...minus a few guest appearances

Latest posts