NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
3:40 kick again next week. It's been lucky for us so far.

EDIT: 3:05. Fox put up a wrong visual and I forgot to change this earlier.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. This was close. Very close. I'd have had an heart attack if this went into OT. Touch wood.

Falcons will be a high scoring game. Straight up between Rodgers vs Matt on who can score more. And Matt's been having a season as good as Rodgers. Quite even, I should say.

Weirdly, the difference maker will be our Defence. Falcons D sucks even worse than ours. I think we'll hold them off to couple of scores less than ours.

Packers 49 - 42 Falcons

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is going to have to play the game of their lives. This Falcons offense is disgusting.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is going to have to play the game of their lives. This Falcons offense is disgusting.

I actually think we matchup a little better against them. Their O-line isn't quite as dominant as D's.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, this is going to be an interesting pregame discussion leading up to this one.

I guess the one thing about the Falcons is in the past one would always say they just lacked that "IT" factor. Don't know if one could honestly say that's changed yet despite beating Seattle.

I know people look at that Falcons Seahawks game as it being some major offensive fireworks show that Atlanta put up on them, but I'd say the big problem for the Seahawks was their O couldn't stay on the field. Wilson, aside from a couple deep bombs was running for his life and throwing garbage passes like he's been doing all year on the road. And the Hawks O-line was garbage and responsible for turning the game on a safety and handing points to the Falcons.

To me .... I'm just looking at who wants this more and I'm feeling it's the Packers.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This defense is going to get torched next week. Our only hope is the offense. This defense is as soft as they come.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Atlanta pass Def..... 406 points allowed .. Packers 385

Atlanta Def yards allowed passing 4,267 yards

Packers
4, 308 yards allowed passing..

Yeah, this will be a shoot out

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This defense is going to get torched next week. Our only hope is the offense. This defense is as soft as they come.
Even though we won today, our D was making me so, SO mad. Ugh. They are so soft it's not even funny. We might be in trouble if Morgan can't play.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC highest scoring playoff game for both teams was Packers Arizona 2009. One team is like 73 points in ancient history.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time we win or Rodgers makes a great throw, the announcers come up with the standard "Team no one wants to play" line. But then, considering the state of defense, almost all opposition fans I speak to or forums I read, seem to think they'll have a field day against us. Most have already written us off.

Started off with "One and done in playoff's" in almost all articles. "Giants D will shut AR down" seems to be the theme. We wiped the floor with their D.

Then "Zeke will run them ragged" He did run, but we ain't ragged. No siree, not even close. I even read comments like "Cowboys vs Patriots, the game America wants to see" Well, don't hold your breath for that game. The #1 team just became #2 in our playoff hit list.

Now Falcons 'brotherhood' is claiming this to be a no contest. They seem to think they have a better O and D than us. I think they are OD'd with whatever they are smoking.

Looking forward to the "They didn't win. We beat ourselves" excuse from the Falcons next week.

Personally I think the Cowboys were the litmus test. I fancy us against the Falcons and even moreso against the Pats should they float to the top of the sewer.

#GoPackGo

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, it's funny surfing the Falcons and Patriots boards. Both say the same thing: if we play the Packers we'll blow them out.

Atlanta don't exactly have an awesome D. As for the Pats, if the Texans had half a QB they may have won that game.

Reaction score
My main concern is injuries. IF we can go toe to toe with Atlanta and squeak out a win without more injuries? Then we'll have 2 weeks to get healthy and prepare, which is paramount.
Any "expert" fan who discounts GB after watching the 1st seed fall at home is just plain naive and that pride will only make the fall harder. ;)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Every time we win or Rodgers makes a great throw, the announcers come up with the standard "Team no one wants to play" line. But then, considering the state of defense, almost all opposition fans I speak to or forums I read, seem to think they'll have a field day against us. Most have already written us off.

Started off with "One and done in playoff's" in almost all articles. "Giants D will shut AR down" seems to be the theme. We wiped the floor with their D.

Then "Zeke will run them ragged" He did run, but we ain't ragged. No siree, not even close. I even read comments like "Cowboys vs Patriots, the game America wants to see" Well, don't hold your breath for that game. The #1 team just became #2 in our playoff hit list.

Now Falcons 'brotherhood' is claiming this to be a no contest. They seem to think they have a better O and D than us. I think they are OD'd with whatever they are smoking.

Looking forward to the "They didn't win. We beat ourselves" excuse from the Falcons next week.

Personally I think the Cowboys were the litmus test. I fancy us against the Falcons and even moreso against the Pats should they float to the top of the sewer.

#GoPackGo
Most of this message board, including myself, did not give the Cowboys the proper credit and respect that they deserve. They are one hell of a football team and deserve all of the credit in the world for what they were able to do.

Atlanta concerns me, but after what I saw tonight, I'm not doubting what this team can accomplish.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Even though we won today, our D was making me so, SO mad. Ugh. They are so soft it's not even funny. We might be in trouble if Morgan can't play.
I think that it's mostly schematically, though. Not necessarily soft players.

Not sure what you were implying, if anything. Just giving my thought.

Members online

Latest posts