NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I want to know how your defense plans to stop us.
I've already sacrificed two chickens. I was trying to find a goat but the only one I could find was on a farm outside town and the farmer's wife wouldn't sell her to me. Thought about grabbing her and putting her in the car but I know the wife would get pissed and visions of Tommy Boy were dancing through my head.

The next step was a bull but those are much harder to come by. I broke into the country-western bar up the road and spread some road kill blood on the mechanical bull while chanting in a loosely-interpreted creole dialect but left my Jobu doll behind so that may have negated the effect, (he's a bit finicky anyway and can't help with curve balls either).

I DID catch a mouse in the trap I set yesterday however, so sorry, you guys are toast!

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not holding my breath on that one. Still, Tillman would sure look a lot better in coverage to me than Randall -- who for whatever reason has been truly awful. He's been the weak link in this secondary by a mile and I can hardly imagine that a rusty old vet could play much worse than Randall has lately.

I highly doubt Tillman would be ready to play at a decent level four days from now.

When you throw an int to GB, its a punt (zero TDs). When you throw an INT to the Falcons, it results in a pick 6 25% of the time (3 for 12). Atlanta has added 2 TDs on fumble recoveries. When you consider points off turnovers, Atlanta has a one point edge in Net Turnover Points (52/51). Again, like on offense, Atlanta is just more efficient. Fewer events leading the the same number of points.

Wow, I love to use stats to prove a point as well but that is one creative post to show your team supposedly has an advantage over the Packers. I don't think it has any meaning for Sunday's game though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'll be cheering for the Steelers because my brother is a big fan who used to have season tickets there and took me to see the games. ;)

Yeah, I`d like us to face the Steelers again if we get there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Tillman. Don't like the Bears, but what's not to like about a guy like Tillman. Great professional as far as I'm concerned. But having a guy who's mind was tough, but body has failed him a couple times in the past few years ending his seasons, step in this time of year probably isn't going to result in anything good. that said, if he had something to offer, and the coaches thought he could, I'd be all for it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We just dont know what secondary is gonna show up on Sunday but remember last time we played Atlanta Goodson was playing. IMO he was the worst of the bunch.

Lets be real here. If your waiting for "coverage sacks" your gonna keep waiting. We need Mattthews, Peppers and Perry to get Ryan off his spot and force some bad tbrows. Some pressure up the middle by Daniels would help immensely as well. Datone Jones needs to show up.

They worked Rollins out hard today and I like Brice as he has shown to be a sure tackler so far if Burnett can't go. I know he dropped that pick against Dallas but at least he got himself in position to make the play. Joe Thomas has proven to be a good coverage LB. Ha Ha can make plays. Hyde is playing well. Gunter is solid.

A good game by Randle and watch out. This packer defense could surprise some people Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison (hamstring), Morgan Burnett, Mason Crosby (illness), Julius Peppers (not injury related), James Starks and JC Tretter didn't practice today. Jeff Janis, T.J. Lang (foot), Jordy Nelson and Quinten Rollins were limited participants.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that he is #1 in INT% among QB's that have started at least 6-8 games.
I think Brady is within 1 int. of Favre. Of course Brady has played in several more playoff games. I think Favre has around 26 ints.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I think Brady is within 1 int. of Favre. Of course Brady has played in several playoff games. I think Favre has around 26 ints.

Actually Brady tied Favre for most interceptions in postseason history at 30 last week vs. the Texans. He has played in eight more playoff games though.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I've already sacrificed two chickens. I was trying to find a goat but the only one I could find was on a farm outside town and the farmer's wife wouldn't sell her to me. Thought about grabbing her and putting her in the car but I know the wife would get pissed and visions of Tommy Boy were dancing through my head.

The next step was a bull but those are much harder to come by. I broke into the country-western bar up the road and spread some road kill blood on the mechanical bull while chanting in a loosely-interpreted creole dialect but left my Jobu doll behind so that may have negated the effect, (he's a bit finicky anyway and can't help with curve balls either).

I DID catch a mouse in the trap I set yesterday however, so sorry, you guys are toast!
As I started to read this post, I had to double check who was the poster. Thought it was Amish...

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all,

Life long Falcons fan here

Before i tell you why i think we are going to win, i just want to say that i have been a Falcons, Braves and Hawks fan since 1980. I was at Fulton County stadium in 1980 when my Father took me to see the Falcons vs. Cowboys in the divisional round. We choked away a double digit lead in the final 3 minutes and so began the long dark history of Atlanta sports. Its not easy following these teams. Things usually end in heartache. I've seen a lot of people talking about a lot of different reasons why they think the Packers or the Falcons are going to win. Most of them are tactical and strategic reasons based on offensive and defensive production. Im going to try to cover a topic that i don't think has been covered...ITS OUR TIME!...more of a subjective approach. Here are my five reasons:

1. The Cardinals beating the Seahawks in Seattle - This was a very improbable win for the Cardinals but it allowed us to get the #1 seed. Hawks were 9 pt favs at home and blew it. Listen...things like this just dont happen in Falconsland. We got another by week that we needed out of this. Unlike GB who is going on game 16 in a row.

2. Earl Thomas getting hurt - surely this would have been more of a struggle if Earl was playing center field.

3. Falcon injuries - really nothing significant - Trufants injury actually allowed us to switch to more man to man than cover three which has been more effective over the last 8 games. Clayborn injury doesnt hurt because he wasnt really playing lights out anyway...just came back from a meniscus tear. Our O-line is 100% in tact.

4. GB beating Dallas - Giving this city another home game. This means GB has back to back road games and we dont have to travel. Always better to be at home, however Rodgers is lethal on the turf and can surely do us in. Additionally, since we had the early game on Saturday, we got an extra day to prep. This could pay dividends in a close game.

5. Penalties - We are starting to get some penalties go our way or shall i say non calls. Look at the pick play Sanu used to free up Julio for TD...totally illegal but not called. Additionally, the holding call on the Devon Hester return. Are you kidding me? It was holding but that happens to us on every play...we never get holding calls. Teams are usually allowed to manhandle us after 5 yards. Usually the Falcons are managed very closely and have to overcome bad penalties. This type of preferential treatment is new to me...but ill take it.

I will end with this. If you guys win this game, you will win it all. More than anything, your team needs some time off to rest and NE or PITT can be had.

Good luck and Godspeed to all participants!

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's Chris Wesseling's take on the "improved" Falcons defense:

Atlanta's defense has improved statistically over the past five outings, allowing an average of just 19.0 points after hemorrhaging 27.6 points per game early in the season. Coach Dan Quinn's explanation, via The MMQB: "We get better every week because we've got young guys still learning our defense." That sounds plausible, right? The Falcons are certainly a faster, harder-hitting defense after hitting the jackpot with their last three draft classes.

Here's the problem with Quinn's pie-in-the-sky hypothesis: There's too much statistical noise in his defense's sudden stinginess. That five-game sample includes overwhelmed Rams quarterback Jared Goff, San Francisco's talent-starved offense, Cam Newton in the midst of one of the most scattershot stretches of the 21st century and a Seattle attack that turns inept behind a swinging-gate offensive line on the road. When Quinn's troops face Aaron Rodgers, we're going to see the third-worst red-zone defense among all teams since 2000.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ishers-obvious-hold-more?campaign=Twitter_atn

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison (hamstring), Morgan Burnett, Mason Crosby (illness), Julius Peppers (not injury related), James Starks and JC Tretter didn't practice today. Jeff Janis, T.J. Lang (foot), Jordy Nelson and Quinten Rollins were limited participants.

Are the trainers at least full participants? :eek:

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As explosive as the Falcons are on offense, I still believe Dallas was a better overall team. The Cowboys sole mistake despite Elliott having a great game was not feeding Dez the ball early and often, a mistake I feel Atlanta will not be making with Julio.

Our secondary is not built to handle all the speed Atlanta brings, yes our linebackers are fast but Atlanta is faster and our DBs will get burned if Ryan gets time in the pocket. The only way we slow down their offense is to play physical with their receivers, gamble on press coverage and get after Ryan. We will lose every time to soft coverages.

Offensively I'm not super concerned, Atlanta's defense does not frighten me, especially their red zone defense. No one on that team is threatening Rodgers- that being said I am fully expecting we utilize Michaels more to balance out our pass and run attack. I suspect Atlanta will be using more of a spy/contain strategy with an occasional outside blitz to keep Rodgers inside the pocket.

I predict a fairly high scoring game, 34 to 37 in favor of the Pack.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? For divine intervention, follow the flights of the ball on both of the Packers field goals in the last game. Now THAT is fate.
You have a good point there! That one ball looked like a shank and then came in. A

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah
that list grew....... whats up with tretter?

Members online

Latest posts