NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been discussed, toughest SOS at the beginning of season means nothing. We had the easiest SOS at the beginning. In the end, we both had roughly the same SOS.

D

Deleted member 6794

As has been discussed, toughest SOS at the beginning of season means nothing. We had the easiest SOS at the beginning. In the end, we both had roughly the same SOS.

The Packers actually ended up with a tougher SOS at the end of the 2016 season being tied for 12th.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reality is that we played Atlanta in the midst of our worst stretch of the season. Our defense was at its worst and our offense was running a couple cylinders short of normal, and we still had a nail-bitter in Atlanta. I'm not by any means predicting a whooping by GB and think it's going to be close again, but everyone else whooped us around that time but the Falcons struggled to win. That's not a good sign considering how much better our offense and defense has been playing the past two months.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I promised myself I would stear clear of this thread, kind of burnt out on debates with fans from N.Y., Dallas and now Atlanta.

But have to ask fans from Atlanta, why do you keep hanging your hat on a meaningless stat of SOS from 2015? It means absolutely nothing at the end of the next season. A more meaningful stat if you are trying to gauge just how good your team is based on the opponents it has played, is the current SOS for 2016. But even that is flawed, since not all teams are as strong/weak consistently throughout the season. Once again, take a look at Atlanta's last 8 games and who they were played against as well as what was at stake for that game. I hope that helps boost that confidence you have in just how good the Falcons are. I'm not saying that the Falcons aren't good, but the teams you "rolled" in the last half of the season, isn't something I would be hanging my hat too firmly on.

Last edited:

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 11?
Season doesn't end then

I know. I could find anything. At work brother! Regardless, we played 4 bad teams to end the season to include the Saints and Panthers who were disappointments. I didn't realize the Cowboys had such an easy schedule.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of revenge, Aaron Rodgers was on the Le Batard show yesterday and they missed Rodgers completely trolling Skip Bayless (I missed it as well); apparently Le Batard let Rodgers ask the questions in a rapid fire segment and Rodger's first question, without hesitation or thought, was "How many Facebook accounts do you have?"; a subtle shot at Bayless for having multiple accounts that all praise his show. Yet more evidence that Rodgers might actually know everything on the planet and be able to bring it up at a moment's notice; if he wasn't a Packer I would hate him because he's basically better at everything in life (I get through my days by imagining that he's actually really bad at riding a bicycle).

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I promised myself I would stear clear of this thread, kind of burnt out on debates with fans from N.Y., Dallas and now Atlanta.

But have to ask fans from Atlanta, why do you keep hanging your hat on a meaningless stat of SOS from 2015? It means absolutely nothing at the end of the next season. A more meaningful stat if you are trying to gauge just how good your team is based on the opponents it has played, is the current SOS for 2016. But even that is flawed, since not all teams are as strong/weak consistently through the season. Once again, take a look at Atlanta's last 8 games and who they were played against as well as what was at stake for that game. I hope that helps boost that confidence you have in just how good the Falcons are. I'm not saying they Falcons aren't good, but the teams you "rolled" in the last half of the season, isn't something I would be hanging my hat too firmly on.

Guy, I'm not here because I'm confident...quit the opposite actually. I'm not hanging my hat on anything either. We can absolutely lose this game, that's what we do. Im just trying to present some facts and opinion and fun with this, with a great bunch of great Packer fans who seem reasonable and intelligent. I try not to get to high or too low as a Falcons fan because in the end it usually ends in heartbreak and have to go to work on Monday. Here's the difference between the two team...If we lose this game, everything that we have done all year will be forgotten in 24 hours. Ryan and the Falcons will be chokers and the city of Atlanta will be loserville...again. The pundants will say "I told you so". It is what it is people. Its our burden. You guys (to include Pitt, NE, NYG, Denver) have a historical pedigree as winners. You lose this game and your fine. You will still get 3x MNF games, 2x SNF games and have multiple Super Bowl trophies to stare at until September.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All that really matters is how teams are playing right now. The Falcons kicked the ***es of a pretty good Seahawk team last week and the Packers are on an eight game roll with a QB playing at an extremely high level, but with an inconsistent defense. Falcons have home field advantage, but I don't expect that to affect the Packers too much. I expect a good, hard fought game that could go either way.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the kind of guy that plans for the worse and hopes for the best. So I'm saying we can't get a lead early and it ends up biting us late. Same score as last week but flip it. Falcons win 34-31. As well as our offense is playing, I still have a hard time picturing us going all the way with our secondary. But hey, maybe they get their :poop: together this week!

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People keep on bringing up the week 8 game and I have no clue why. Not only was Green Bay's offense still out of sync but their defense was in the middle of a stretch of football that ,IMO, was the worst defense I think I've ever seen an NFL defense play. They were bad. I'm sure a high school 8 man team could have ran circles around that defense during those 4 games. No one, Packer fan or not, should be using that game as an argument point.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People keep on bringing up the week 8 game and I have no clue why. Not only was Green Bay's offense still out of sync but their defense was in the middle of a stretch of football that ,IMO, was the worst defense I think I've ever seen an NFL defense play. They were bad. I'm sure a high school 8 man team could have ran circles around that defense during those 4 games. No one, Packer fan or not, should be using that game as an argument point.

I was at that game. You guys outplayed us in week 8 and should have won that game IMO. We got some breaks that went our way and Rodgers couldn't get it together late in the game. Both teams are very different now both with personnel, philosophy and momentum. The 2x biggest advantages for us are that you now have to account for Tevon Coleman who IMO is almost indefensible by NFL LB's when comes out of the backfield and when he gets to the second level his speed is top notch. Secondly, Taylor Gabriel wasn't really a big part of the offense at that point. He was still splitting time with Aldrick Robinson. You guys look different at the RB position and Cobb is playing...however Jordy may not. This should be different.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was at that game. You guys outplayed us in week 8 and should have won that game IMO. We got some breaks that went our way and Rodgers couldn't get it together late in the game. Both teams are very different now both with personnel, philosophy and momentum. The 2x biggest advantages for us are that you now have to account for Tevon Coleman who IMO is almost indefensible by NFL LB's when comes out of the backfield and when he gets to the second level his speed is top notch. Secondly, Taylor Gabriel wasn't really a big part of the offense at that point. He was still splitting time with Aldrick Robinson. You guys look different at the RB position and Cobb is playing...however Jordy may not. This should be different.

Don´t forget that Jared Cook missed the first game vs. the Falcons as well. The Packers are 10-2 with him in the lineup averaging 29.7 points per game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You do understand the Falcons had the toughest Strength of schedule going into the season? You had a tough road because you started 4-6.

You do understand you havent won **** but 1 NFC champ in 51 years? I've seen this "Atlanta Falcon Show" before.

Now you got an 11-5 team that beat up a beat up Seahawk team.

Your "excited" I get it.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don´t forget that Jared Cook missed the first game vs. the Falcons as well. The Packers are 10-2 with him in the lineup averaging 29.7 points per game.

I forgot about Cook. I don't remember seeing Ripkowski in the first matchup either. We had Jacob Tamme at TE in week 8 and now rookie Austin Hooper is the main effort. Lots of different looks from both sides.

D

Deleted member 6794

I forgot about Cook. I don't remember seeing Ripkowski in the first matchup either. We had Jacob Tamme at TE in week 8 and now rookie Austin Hooper is the main effort. Lots of different looks from both sides.

Ripkowski played 32 snaps in the first meeting carrying the ball six times for 34 yards.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do understand you havent won **** but 1 NFC champ in 51 years? I've seen this "Atlanta Falcon Show" before.

Now you got an 11-5 team that beat up a beat up Seahawk team.

Your "excited" I get it.

I've seen the Atlanta Falcons show every year since 1980, but you said that like the Packers have never **** the bed in the playoffs before. The loss you had to the Seahawks in the NFCCG where you were winning 19-7 with 4 minutes left and had the ball...was probably the worst collapse in NFL playoff history. As much as Atlanta has the "choke gene"...you are obviously not immune.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts