NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a bad match up all things considered. J.Jones is dealing with a nagging injury. Same goes with Vic Beasley. Adrian Clayborn is also out the rest of the playoffs with a torn bicep.

The big thing in our favor is just having Aaron on the other sideline, should bridle some of Atlanta's offensive prowess. They don't want to get into a shoot out with us. I expect them to try and eat clock which will help our bend but don't break, piecemeal defense. If they want to get into a shootout, I'd gladly take that as well.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just few points.

The Def held Wilson down.. And got 4 int and 2 fumbles?

Eli, who all said would light them up, didn't.

So your point about good qb is true for the birds, but don't forget what the Packers did.
I never said GB had a bad defense. I think they are solid. I am just stating that our defense is not as bad as the media are talking about.

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just posturing I think ;)

I can throw out stats like PFF ranked Atlanta's front seven 24th and the Packers 9th, but that won't mean much on Sunday if either one doesn't play up to that level.
The nature of these offenses is such that it really doesn't matter how well your defense plays. I really think it will probably be about which defense comes up with 1 or 2 big plays. Over the course of the game, these offenses are moving the football.
With that in mind, I would like to formally extend an invite to some of the Falcon posters to come back after the Packers win on Sunday. They can join the few remaining Giant and Cowboys fans that are helping us strategize against our next opponent, which most likely will be the Patriots.
Win or lose, I'll be back. I don't gloat, and I don't hold a grudge. I'll be pulling for which ever team reps the NFC in the Superbowl. The best team doesn't always win in football, so the Packers always have hope!

By the way, I live in Upstate NY. Based on my experience here, I have a very hard time believing that Giants and Cowboys fans are helping you in any sort of collaborative fashion!

Sky King

Reaction score
What if the falcons win....what will happened?
Our fan base has endured similar disappointments in the past and we're all still here. In another 4 years our team will be 100 years old. Our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents before us have seen it all before, good and bad, same as we have. Nothing we cannot handle with dignity and grace either way.

D

Deleted member 6794

I never said GB had a bad defense. I think they are solid. I am just stating that our defense is not as bad as the media are talking about.

I don't believe the Packers defense is solid, especially against elite quarterbacks. In my opinion the Falcons one isn't any better though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The nature of these offenses is such that it really doesn't matter how well your defense plays. I really think it will probably be about which defense comes up with 1 or 2 big plays. Over the course of the game, these offenses are moving the football.
Agreed. A poorly timed turnover may decide this game or as what ended up happening in the Dallas game, who has the ball last.

Win or lose, I'll be back. I don't gloat, and I don't hold a grudge. I'll be pulling for which ever team reps the NFC in the Superbowl. The best team doesn't always win in football, so the Packers always have hope!
You are right, the best team doesn't always win, but I have faith that my Packers will be the better team on Sunday. ;)

By the way, I live in Upstate NY. Based on my experience here, I have a very hard time believing that Giants and Cowboys fans are helping you in any sort of collaborative fashion!

Let's just say as upset as the Giant fans were at their team for losing, they were very much wanting the Packers to go down to Dallas and kick their rivals butts....we did. As far as Cowboy fans, most of them are still whining about "this call or that call" not going their way or how they are still the better team, blah blah blah......some actually do like Aaron Rodgers and the Packers and want them to win it all. Not sure if the Packers could be labeled "America's Team" but I know that title no longer applies to the Cowboys like it once did.

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big thing in our favor is just having Aaron on the other sideline, should bridle some of Atlanta's offensive prowess. They don't want to get into a shoot out with us. I expect them to try and eat clock which will help our bend but don't break, piecemeal defense. If they want to get into a shootout, I'd gladly take that as well.

I think Atlanta would love a shoot out. One edge we have is making big plays on defense. Atlanta has a better turnover margin that GB and we turned 5 of those turn overs into defensive TDs (tied for league lead). The more you make teams throw it, the more likely you are the get a strip sack or INT. We get a lot of our quick productions on the ground as well. We just don't have to take as many chances to get quick production on offense as most teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Atlanta would love a shoot out. One edge we have is making big plays on defense. Atlanta has a better turnover margin that GB and we turned 5 of those turn overs into defensive TDs (tied for league lead). The more you make teams throw it, the more likely you are the get a strip sack or INT. We get a lot of our quick productions on the ground as well. We just don't have to take as many chances to get quick production on offense as most teams.

The Packers struggled early this season in turnover margin as well but lead the league over the last eight games at plus-16. Don't expect Rodgers to allow your defense to make a big play though as he has thrown only one pick six during his entire career and that one happened in 2009.

D

Deleted member 6794

WR Julio Jones didn't practice for the Falcons today. DT Jonathan Babineaux, WR Taylor Gabriel and S Keanu Neal were limited participants.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers struggled early this season in turnover margin as well but lead the league over the last eight games at plus-16. Don't expect Rodgers to allow your defense to make a big play though as he has thrown only one pick six during his entire career and that one happened in 2009.

you beat me to the punch as usual LOL.

I would add, that the Packers secondary, even as poorly as they have played, has 5 more interceptions than the Falcons.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would add, that the Packers secondary, even as poorly as they have played, has 5 more interceptions than the Falcons.

True, and both teams have given up a ton of opposing touchdowns passes with the Packers having allowed 32 and the Falcons only one less.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will point out that it's been interesting to watch the forum this week. While I have zero issues with fans looking beyond the current opponent, it's been interesting to see how the topics and conversations have drifted somewhat from Atlanta to SB talk, the Patriots, and the Steelers.

It's natural but still an interesting progression.

I guess I'm being a negative nellie again this week. Don't really mean to. Atlanta looks sharp and have a lot of weapons. I am confident in our offense. Rodgers seems to have a 6th sense when pressure is coming...except for that one play where, Thank God for big hands, he got sacked.

I am curious as to what Capers and the coaches come up with on defense. I don't doubt the motivation of the team.

I don't know...maybe I just don't wanna get my hopes up.

I'm not looking past this game. This one will be tougher than the last.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess I'm being a negative nellie again this week. Don't really mean to. Atlanta looks sharp and have a lot of weapons.
I don't know...maybe I just don't wanna get my hopes up.

I'm not looking past this game. This one will be tougher than the last.

Not trying to sound over confident or downplay who Atlanta is and how well they are playing, but to calm your nerves a bit, look at who Atlanta has been so impressive against the last half of the season. While doing so, keep in mind when December rolls around and a team is out of the playoffs, there is a reason they are and it also may influence their level of play.

The Packers on the other hand in their last 8 games have played some pretty stiff competition, teams who were either headed to the playoffs or at least still in contention. Every one of those games has been a pretty much must win game for the Packer and they have shined.

Enough said, Atlanta fans don't like when I bring this up. :D

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedules/schedule.html

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been lobbying for this opportunity for weeks now.... There must be a pretty good reason why the Packers have not responded.

Sky King

Reaction score

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you beat me to the punch as usual LOL.

When you throw an int to GB, its a punt (zero TDs). When you throw an INT to the Falcons, it results in a pick 6 25% of the time (3 for 12). Atlanta has added 2 TDs on fumble recoveries. When you consider points off turnovers, Atlanta has a one point edge in Net Turnover Points (52/51). Again, like on offense, Atlanta is just more efficient. Fewer events leading the the same number of points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts