NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I did. And look who GB played in the Dome. Detroit they suck. Vikings they suck. On the six game winning streak you guys had the teams you played all suck except the Seahawks. They all had terrible QB. When GB faced a decent QB before the winning streak you guys allowed the TITANS 47pts & Redskins 42 pts. Aaron Rodgers was comfortable saying that he could run the table b/c he knew the last six games were against teams who couldn't score points. The FALCONS has been battle tested. Drew Brees high power offense. Beat them twice. Derek Carr high power offense. Beat them. Cam Newton and their great rushing attack beat them twice. TB were having a good season until the FALCONS went to their house & blew them out. The score ended up 43 to 28. But before we started to play prevent the score was 33 to 14. Whenever Dan Quinn plays a team twice it is nothing nice. He figures out how teams attack us and adjust accordingly. Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 against Dan Quinn by the way. So again do not take these Falcons lightly. We had alot of injuries also when we played GB the first team. Mainly Tevin Coleman who is looking great catching & running the ball out the back field. It may be a shootout but if GB turns the ball over it may be a long day in the Georgia Dome.

Just few points.

The Def held Wilson down.. And got 4 int and 2 fumbles?

Eli, who all said would light them up, didn't.

So your point about good qb is true for the birds, but don't forget what the Packers did.

Sky King

Reaction score
The only we have not yet seen is somebody posting their complete misunderstanding of what the Las Vegas betting line really means and how this "proves" there's is the better team. I'm sure it's still coming, same as it did for last week's game where, as usual, the sports books made fools out of the bettors who think this way. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only we have not yet seen is somebody posting their complete misunderstanding of what the Las Vegas betting line really means and how this "proves" there's is the better team. I'm sure it's still coming, same as it did for last week's game where, as usual, the sports books made fools out of the bettors who think this way. :cool:

See now you planted that seed with Falcon fans and they won't post it. I was looking forward to the post you sent out to a Dallas fan. I wonder if that fan took it to heart and bet his house on the Packers?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When it's SB week, that's long..

But you won't feel that, so there's that to look forward to. ;)

With that in mind, I would like to formally extend an invite to some of the Falcon posters to come back after the Packers win on Sunday. They can join the few remaining Giant and Cowboys fans that are helping us strategize against our next opponent, which most likely will be the Patriots.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My greatest Atlanta Falcons memory is from the 1998 NFCCG. I was a Packers fan, enduring my fourth year of living in Minnesota, surrounded by a hoard of Vikings fan watching Gary Anderson miss his only field goal of the season. You could hear a mouse pissing on cotton when he missed that 39 yard FG. Another Packers fan and I quickly exited the room and smiled at one another. We would have sparked a melee if we'd done it in front of the once raucous Vikings fans. Nice win Atlanta.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
With that in mind, I would like to formally extend an invite to some of the Falcon posters to come back after the Packers win on Sunday. They can join the few remaining Giant and Cowboys fans that are helping us strategize against our next opponent, which most likely will be the Patriots.
I'm starting to wonder about that. Brady looked awful against the Texans, and Belichick had two weeks to prepare. I don't want to jump the gun, because many have predicted Brady's demise for years, but I'm just saying it didn't look good.

As crazy as it sounds, I would much rather play the Patriots than the Steelers at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder about that. Brady looked awful against the Texans, and Belichick had two weeks to prepare. I don't want to jump the gun, because many have predicted Brady's demise for years, but I'm just saying it didn't look good.

As crazy as it sounds, I would much rather play the Patriots than the Steelers at this point.

I will be fine with playing either team :D But I think the Packers VS Patriots and #12 VS #12 would be epic. I guess we can discuss how the game is going to shake down after Sunday. :tup:

D

Deleted member 6794

The Texans defense is way better than the Packers' one though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Texans defense is way better than the Packers' one though.
Understandable, but all things considered, I would rather deal with an older Brady with a lesser supporting cast, as opposed to Big Ben with AB and Bell.

I'm starting to doubt Brady's ability to consistently get the ball down the field with pressure coming at him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Understandable, but all things considered, I would rather deal with an older Brady with a lesser supporting cast, as opposed to Big Ben with AB and Bell.

I'm starting to doubt Brady's ability to consistently get the ball down the field with pressure coming at him.

Interestingly the Patriots have scored more points than the Steelers this season though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I got my first real look at Le'Veon Bell this past weekend and all I could say was "Wow!" The patience that guy has in letting the play set up and then how he squirts through the hole is incredible, a running style I hadn't seen before. Seemed like on half his runs, I would see a pile of players and expected him to be in it, but he would squirt ahead for another 2-3 yards. He scares me more than Elliott just from being a runner that seems to produce well on every carry.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got my first real look at Le'Veon Bell this past weekend and all I could say was "Wow!" The patience that guy has in letting the play set up and then how he squirts through the hole is incredible, a running style I hadn't seen before. Seemed like on half his runs, I would see a pile of players and expected him to be in it, but he would squirt ahead for another 2-3 yards. He scares me more than Elliott just from being a runner that seems to produce well on every carry.
He's the best RB in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As some of you are also probably doing, I keep combing the Web for any news on Jordy. One thing keeps popping into my head, IF.....he can play on Sunday, or even if he can't, I really hope MM holds off until the 1 hour deadline before kickoff on Sunday to announce it. Why give your opponent more information than you need to? Let them prepare for both scenarios. Not to mention, I think if Jordy did play, just seeing him suit up on Sunday could give his teammates an added boost of adrenaline, not that they should need it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll leave this here.

With Rodgers' 6 TD's so far this postseason, he's passed John Elway, Terry Bradshaw, Kurt Warner, and Dan Marino on the all time postseason TD list.

Not bad for 2 games work.

He's now #5 on the all time list behind Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Tom Brady, #2 among active QB's.

Also, with his 717 passing yards so far, he's moved from #15, to #8 all time in postseason passing yards, passing Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, and Kurt Warner.

Currently #3 among active quarterbacks, behind Roethlisberger and Brady.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is he on the postseason INT list? :D

I'll never forget the un-ending feel of being stabbed repeatedly when Favre threw six against the Rams in the 2001 playoffs :poop:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will point out that it's been interesting to watch the forum this week. While I have zero issues with fans looking beyond the current opponent, it's been interesting to see how the topics and conversations have drifted somewhat from Atlanta to SB talk, the Patriots, and the Steelers.

It's natural but still an interesting progression.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Where is he on the postseason INT list? :D

I'll never forget the un-ending feel of being stabbed repeatedly when Favre threw six against the Rams in the 2001 playoffs :poop:
I'd be willing to bet that he is #1 in INT% among QB's that have started at least 6-8 games.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the game gets closer, the more confident I'm feeling. Our defense sucks, but these guys are in the NFL for a reason. Someone is going to have to step up and make a play, it's not impossible.

Peppy with a strip sack, HaHa with an INT, something like that is what it's going to take to win this game. I believe our offense will put us in a position to win as well. This team has gone too far to lose now. I want this W so ****ing bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd be willing to bet that he is #1 in INT% among QB's that have started at least 6-8 games.

Rodgers is fifth in playoff interception percentage during the Super Bowl era among quarterbacks with at least 84 pass attempts (the equivalent of six qualifying games) behind Jeff Hostetler, Alex Smith, Tony Romo and Drew Brees.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will point out that it's been interesting to watch the forum this week. While I have zero issues with fans looking beyond the current opponent, it's been interesting to see how the topics and conversations have drifted somewhat from Atlanta to SB talk, the Patriots, and the Steelers.

It's natural but still an interesting progression.

Guarded optimism has been building for the last 8 weeks for both the Packers and their fans. Although, I think the Players themselves have had that feeling longer than us and it's what turned their season around, instead of just quitting, which most of the fan base had. The Packers offense is finally back to consistently playing at the level that they had been many moons ago. With each win after AR's "Run the Table" comment, I think we all are saying to ourselves "WTH.....this is happening and they ARE legit." While there is only a small handful of people I have seen that are your typical over confident fan, there has also been a shift away from all the doomer and gloomers.

I guess what I am trying to say, Packers fans are finally soaring again, full confidence in AR and the offense, but collectively holding our breaths on injuries and the defense. Doesn't really matter who the opponent has been for the past 8 weeks, its been the Packers finally playing at a championship level of football almost every game, that gives us all something to be excited and optimistic about.

Falcons33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the falcons win....what will happened?

Members online

Latest posts