NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your QB has bloated dome stats.

Well, we are playing in a dome, right? Honestly career stats mean ***** in playoff games. Wk 4 is also immaterial as teams and players are so very different now. If there is one QB who can keep up with Rodgers right now, it is Ryan and he has an home field advantage. There's no disrespect in being considered an underdog for this game.

Maybe it's the fan coloured view, but Rodgers will prevail. I expect Hyde to make a INT late to turn the tide.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maintenance. I babysit the refrigeration, heating, hydraulics, air, power and building systems. Been there a year. Learned if I screw up bigtime I can make the national news. I most likely wouldn't survive so we don't want that.
Don't use a socket when the job calls for a torque wrench.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't use a socket when the job calls for a torque wrench.
I'm not qualified to even be the observer when the tools come out but I CAN crash and burn, reroute and override the computer control system. Should have seen me dive for my phone the night a lightning strike took out plant wide power for 2-3 hours about a month into my job. Scary **** when we have no power backup (corporate $$$ savings.)

EDit: forgot to add, I can do the computer thing from my house 30 miles away when it's my turn to be on call.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea cubbie is bare for sure. With that we are young and hungry for a rings. Could be the difference. This isn't the conservative mike smith Falcons of 2010 lol

Just some ribbing, nothing serious.

But in all honesty...playing the Falcons will be far more refreshing than the Seadorks, irrespective of the outcome.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Ummmm....aren't they both still out? ;)

When it was a new situation having Sheilds,/Randall/Rollins out, as well as Lacy/Starks/Montgomery out. Then figure in the receiving corps of Cobb, Cook, and again Montgomery, limiting Rodgers options with his running backs all out...

All im saying is it was new back then and we didn't have an answer for the RB or CB positions yet...

Poker, I think you were joking around, but if not, Slacker gave the answer I would have.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You folks really like going back and forth on this stuff. You like examining all the ins and outs to try to determine who will be better. And I guess that's what keeps a forum going. But these arguments make me personally uneasy, thus I try to avoid them when I can.

I will say this. This has been a really weird NFL season. We had team jets sliding off the runway on ice, Quarterbacks breaking their legs on the same day, repeat hail marys, etc. With that in mind. All I can say for sure is that we have four very good teams playing this weekend; not a slouch in the bunch. Anything can and may happen in this weird season. Who knows what might arise on game day or in game that alters the whole thing. Who knows who is all of a sudden going to have an off day, or come down with some weird flu on game day? It's trite and over worn, but the phrase fits; "That's why they play the game." Whatever happens it's been a heck of a season for all of these teams.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You folks really like going back and forth on this stuff. You like examining all the ins and outs to try to determine who will be better. And I guess that's what keeps a forum going. But these arguments make me personally uneasy, thus I try to avoid them when I can.

I will say this. This has been a really weird NFL season. We had team jets sliding off the runway on ice, Quarterbacks breaking their legs on the same day, repeat hail marys, etc. With that in mind. All I can say for sure is that we have four very good teams playing this weekend; not a slouch in the bunch. Anything can and may happen in this weird season. Who knows what might arise on game day or in game that alters the whole thing. Who knows who is all of a sudden going to have an off day, or come down with some weird flu on game day? It's trite and over worn, but the phrase fits; "That's why they play the game." Whatever happens it's been a heck of a season for all of these teams.
Absolutely. I think you may have just made post of the day. I honestly couldn't say it better. If you wanna be the best you must beat the best. We are not the storied franchise like you are. We are the downtrodden Falcons who nobody outside the state of GA (and even that is debatable) care about. We're hungry for a ring. Everyone but us has one in the last 8 yrs that's remaining... for us Falcons fans we are hopeful and confident this is our year!

Good luck and let's all enjoy this Sunday coming up!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This reminds me of that 2015 Rams fan. A list of reasons why his team was more awesome in every way, better players at every position, etc. 24-10 Packers over Rams

I miss that guy
I miss him, too! He was special. Funny thing is that the only Ram he griped about was Cook, IIRC.

FalconBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to be wild. Aaron Rodgers is a fantastic QB, Matt Ryan is the presumed MVP who has elevated himself this year, both teams put up a ton of points. Which defense can step up? Obviously I hope it's the Falcons. I just hope it's a controversy free win for either team. Hate how the NFL seems to get things wrong more and more. One thing is for sure, this will be my last ever game in the GA Dome; what a way to send it off! May the best team win! Go Falcons!

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out Rodgers' stats in domes in the playoffs. You guys have to stop the best QB in the NFL who is on a MISSION. Good luck with that.
I did. And look who GB played in the Dome. Detroit they suck. Vikings they suck. On the six game winning streak you guys had the teams you played all suck except the Seahawks. They all had terrible QB. When GB faced a decent QB before the winning streak you guys allowed the TITANS 47pts & Redskins 42 pts. Aaron Rodgers was comfortable saying that he could run the table b/c he knew the last six games were against teams who couldn't score points. The FALCONS has been battle tested. Drew Brees high power offense. Beat them twice. Derek Carr high power offense. Beat them. Cam Newton and their great rushing attack beat them twice. TB were having a good season until the FALCONS went to their house & blew them out. The score ended up 43 to 28. But before we started to play prevent the score was 33 to 14. Whenever Dan Quinn plays a team twice it is nothing nice. He figures out how teams attack us and adjust accordingly. Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 against Dan Quinn by the way. So again do not take these Falcons lightly. We had alot of injuries also when we played GB the first team. Mainly Tevin Coleman who is looking great catching & running the ball out the back field. It may be a shootout but if GB turns the ball over it may be a long day in the Georgia Dome.

D

Deleted member 6794

On kick returns specifically, should have clarified. And, I know! I just watched the entire game and Davis and Janis both caught TDs and made significant impacts, maybe I'm skewed by that haha but I would love to see either of them returning kicks before Michael or Ty. Hyde seems reliable too.

Hyde is fine on punt returns but not explosive enough to be the guy on kickoffs.

Ok I think you missed the point.. look I know Aaron is good out of the pocket but is a right arm qb better running to his left and throwing or to his right?

Dallas didn't have a lb or Dlineman as fast as Beasley. We will push Aaron to the left where it is going to be much Harder to reset his body to throw accurately down field especially with Vic chasing him. If our line allows him to escape right we'll we lose on that play 99% of the time.

I don't believe the Falcons will be able to push Rodgers to the left consistently against the best pass blocking OL in football, especially if Quinn uses his best pass rusher in Beasley as a spy on the Packers quarterback. In addition as you've mentioned even if your defense accomplishes that it doesn't guarantee #12 not making a great throw.

I never said Rodgers wasn't capable of great things I've been more than flattering towards him.. just trying to talk x/o's and how we will probably plan to attack Rodgers. Everyone knows zone defense is suicide. The only chance is cover 1...

Any idea how your defense plans to stop atlantas offense? Seattle went with heavy pressure and that bit them in the ****. Or is your plan to just rely on the offense to score more points?

The best way to stop the Packers offense is to play in a cover 2 and getting pressure on Rodgers without having to blitz.

The Packers defensive game plan will be centered around trying to contain the Falcons running game in subpackages without having to load the box allowing both safeties to provide help over the top against Atlanta's talented receivers.

If they are able to accomplish that the unit might surprise a lot of people with a good performance on Sunday. But should the Falcons be able to run against a light box the Packers defense might be in for a long day.

I hope this will give you guys a better understanding of why we are ranked 27th on defense. When our offense puts up points like they have in the first three quarters our defense result to playing prevent. The ypg and ppg are a direct result of playing prevent. I definitely hope we do not play prevent against Aaron Rogers "The King Of Hailmerries". The media are talking about how our defense surprise them. That is because we get no national attention.

Every week someone who doesn't watch the games goes on a tirade about how putrid our defense is & how "The Falcons offense is amazing BUT..." there is no chance in Hades that a team that can't stop ANYONE can make it anywhere in the playoffs.

We've had the "Prevent Defense" discussion around here a few times & what it means for teams to be playing from 3 scores down, but when you really look at these 4th quarter scores as graphics -- without watching the games -- what would you say about this Falcons team?

Especially knowing graphics 1, 2, 3 & 4 represent the #3, #4, #12 & #10 scoring offenses in the NFL, respectively?

I'm not too worried about these young dudes.

Take out the prevent scores, -14 in Tam, 10 in Den, 16 Carolina, 7 in NO, 7 in Oak, Falcons end up at 22.6 points a game-15th instead of 29th.

It's true the Falcons defense is better through the first three quarters ranking 14th in points allowed. That's still behind the Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Vikings and Lions, all teams the Packers scored more than 30 points against.

I did. And look who GB played in the Dome. Detroit they suck. Vikings they suck. On the six game winning streak you guys had the teams you played all suck except the Seahawks. They all had terrible QB. When GB faced a decent QB before the winning streak you guys allowed the TITANS 47pts & Redskins 42 pts. Aaron Rodgers was comfortable saying that he could run the table b/c he knew the last six games were against teams who couldn't score points. The FALCONS has been battle tested. Drew Brees high power offense. Beat them twice. Derek Carr high power offense. Beat them. Cam Newton and their great rushing attack beat them twice. TB were having a good season until the FALCONS went to their house & blew them out. The score ended up 43 to 28. But before we started to play prevent the score was 33 to 14. Whenever Dan Quinn plays a team twice it is nothing nice. He figures out how teams attack us and adjust accordingly. Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 against Dan Quinn by the way. So again do not take these Falcons lightly. We had alot of injuries also when we played GB the first team. Mainly Tevin Coleman who is looking great catching & running the ball out the back field. It may be a shootout but if GB turns the ball over it may be a long day in the Georgia Dome.

Yet against common opponents the Packers defense gave up only 10 points against the Seahawks and 13 vs. the Eagles while the Falcons allowed 26, 20 and 24 respectively.

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this game as the ultimate litmus test for Ryan. Starting back in week 15 (game 14), every time he has look across the field he has seen a QB opposite him who has Superbowl experience. Some better than others (Kaepernick is one of them), but all with SB experience.

To run the table he would have to beat Wilson, Rodgers, and Brady/Roethlisberger. That is somewhere between 3 and 6 Lombardies. If you want to end the "elite" conversation and join the club...well, there's your path.

I like his chances mainly because of the road he has had to travel to get this far. While I'm not a total believer in advanced stats, I think there are two worth mentioning. PFF just released their rankings of front 7's in the NFL. Ryan has faced 8 of the top 10 and complied a record of 8-2 against them (includes 2 games vs. Carolina and Seattle). I'm not as high on DVOA, but if your into that the Falcons have faced the 2nd toughest average defensive schedule in term of DVOA of any team in football (GB, on the other hand, faced the 9th easiest defensive schedule). To put up 30+ per game on that schedule is impressive.

While the Falcons have done their work against a much tougher slate of defenses, the Packers have Aaron Rodgers. To say that is a great equalizer is the ultimate understatement. Let's play ball! I'm looking forward to a great game.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I'm not a total believer in advanced stats, I think there are two worth mentioning. PFF just released their rankings of front 7's in the NFL. Ryan has faced 8 of the top 10 and complied a record of 8-2 against them (includes 2 games vs. Carolina and Seattle).

The Packers have had success against those teams as well going 4-1 in five games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys really need all this to know what this game is going to be?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
do you guys really need all this to know what this game is going to be?

Just posturing I think ;)

I can throw out stats like PFF ranked Atlanta's front seven 24th and the Packers 9th, but that won't mean much on Sunday if either one doesn't play up to that level.