NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened in the 5 games you lost? I didn't see the games.
Week 1 we got our teeth kicked in by TB. They wanted to win their HC is our former OC and their D.C. Is our forme HC.. they were out for blood. Lost by 7 on a stalled last minute drive

Week 6 seahawks lost by 2 in Seattle. Julio bobbled a ball and it was int and set up the game winning field goal. Sherman also got away with murder on 4th n 10. Lost by 2

Week 7 lost in OT after failing a 4th down conversion in our territory. Also missed a gw field goal to end regulation by about 3 inches..

Week 9 got our teeth kicked in by the power run game of philly. Controlled the clock for 40 minutes... lost by 9 our worst loss of the season. Dog tired and weak legs showed.

Week 12 vs KC took the lead only to throw a pic 2 to Eric berry who took it to the house to give them a 1 pt win.. absolute freak play.. they also scored on a fake punt and another pick 6... ryan hasn't had a turnover since that game.

We lost by a combined 22 pts.. we were in every game untill late 4th qtr.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

Felt we could all relate to this..
Falcons played 7 of the top 10 fronts this season and played CAR and Seattle twice and now GB twice.

Our oline is defiantly battle tested when I comes down to it. You guys have a great front but it's nothing we haven't seen before. Sunday hurry your **** up!

Comparatively packers have faced 6 of the top 10 facing Vikings twice

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season/

Falcons played 7 of the top 10 fronts this season and played CAR and Seattle twice and now GB twice.

Our oline is defiantly battle tested when I comes down to it. You guys have a great front but it's nothing we haven't seen before. Sunday hurry your **** up!

This one's gonna be a Defense coleslaw day. Our front can't get squat for pressure and our OL seems to hold for days at a time. Not going to be a boring day by any means. Expect perhaps record combined QB ratings at the end of this one. Maybe the highest scoring CCG in history. Just what Uncle Goodall wants.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one's gonna be a Defense coleslaw day. Our front can't get squat for pressure and our OL seems to hold for days at a time. Not going to be a boring day by any means. Expect perhaps record combined QB ratings at the end of this one. Maybe the highest scoring CCG in history. Just what Uncle Goodall wants.

Yeah, not ready to give a prediction yet, but it looks like another down to the wire shootout to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm telling you, everyone expects it 46-48 or something, that's when the football god's decide on a 9-6 game, or maybe 5-6 even, just for fun.

I predict this happening if there is either a blizzard or a Monsoon inside The Georgia Dome.

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So
Ok thanks for having an open mind. Not a troll and I have discussed this with @longtimefan. Guess I just enjoy the ins and outs of football more than just saying my qb is better your defense sucks the end..
You are doing good.
When I was looking the DivRound of ATL I became scared a bit because of the RB's and Julio and his company.
And because I thougt the D was capable of rushing and covering.
UNTIL the GBFans answered you and some reports about SEA showed me the problems the SEA-OL had and the problems their secondary had with injuries (as ours). So we might give up 30+ Points as well, minus our passrush has more different angles/premium rushers than only an in-game-hurt Bennett and your O-Line is not the same as Dallas'.

Whereas the rush of the Falcons would not get home as much as last sunday because the SEA-OL is no aquivalent to GB's-OL.
So Rodgers might even get more time than in Dallas.
Because your secondary without Trufant will have its hand full to cover all - I see less DB's blitzing from the Falcons because our short and slot passing game will hurt you.

And you know what happens with Rodgers having time...

Pick your poison. Freeney said and he is right.

BUT: It is almost the same as for our DB's if our passrush does not Play to his money.

If nobody comes back at CB and no SS Burnett this might become the hiughest-scoring-game in NFL-Playoff-history.
What is it now?
96 Points; NFC-FR: Arizona (51) vs. Green Bay (45), 2009
And you know one of the QB's in that game will be on that pointparty this sunday, again.
But this time with much more experience. And he will win of course.
Why?
Because we are in a Packerforum :p

btw: The key for the Packers D will not be stopping Ryan but stopping the run with 5 to cover with all what is left to play back there. a lot of undrafted rookies included.

Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Destiny - No Such Thing. There is only execution and a bit of random occurrence. If we want to win this one, we are going to have to go out there and win it. There are no freebees in the CCG.

ATL has a great offense. GB has a great offense. Neither one of us has a defense that is going to scare anyone. In the end, who will make the big play on D will probably determine the outcome of this game. Maybe a knee jerk flag or some stupid decision by an over-amped hothead will shift the tide.

Each team has it's own edge, yet being this close to the SB might make their fans the tipping point on a pretty equal scale. Two good teams playing for an invite to The Big Show... just as it should be. Whoever ends up winning this one will have to work for it, there are no freebees in the CCG...

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, I've been wrong so much lately, I'm tempted to call it for the Falcons, thereby guaranteeing a Packer win.
Good friend of mine here in Houston is a Pats fan (from Boston), so if it's GB-NE we'll try to get tickets.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, I've been wrong so much lately, I'm tempted to call it for the Falcons, thereby guaranteeing a Packer win.
Good friend of mine here in Houston is a Pats fan (from Boston), so if it's GB-NE we'll try to get tickets.

Do whatever you have to do to bring a win back to Green Bay......as long as you don't post pictures of you doing it!

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 6 seahawks lost by 2 in Seattle. Julio bobbled a ball and it was int and set up the game winning field goal. Sherman also got away with murder on 4th n 10. Lost by 2

Sherman gets away with so much garbage. Some day someone's going to return the favor.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things that worry me most vs Atlanta. First is the deadly 1-2 punch of Freeman&Coleman. They really have done phenomenal this season. They hurt you on ground and in pass game. Second would be the speed Beasley uses to beat Tackles no problem, and the physicality of Keanu Neal worries me also. He can cause loose ball every hit! Bak and Bulaga will have hands full with Beasley. Final score prediction. 28-27 Packers!!!!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CAR doesn't count and Seattle is just a shadow of the D they used to have.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things that worry me most vs Atlanta. First is the deadly 1-2 punch of Freeman&Coleman. They really have done phenomenal this season. They hurt you on ground and in pass game. Second would be the speed Beasley uses to beat Tackles no problem, and the physicality of Keanu Neal worries me also. He can cause loose ball every hit! Bak and Bulaga will have hands full with Beasley. Final score prediction. 28-27 Packers!!!!
We ran 20 stunts against Seattle. I expect we will try to do the same but I doubt it will be as effective against your oline who are 10x that of seattles Swiss cheese. It's likely our only chance to get to Rodgers though

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this will give you guys a better understanding of why we are ranked 27th on defense. When our offense puts up points like they have in the first three quarters our defense result to playing prevent. The ypg and ppg are a direct result of playing prevent. I definitely hope we do not play prevent against Aaron Rogers "The King Of Hailmerries". The media are talking about how our defense surprise them. That is because we get no national attention.

Every week someone who doesn't watch the games goes on a tirade about how putrid our defense is & how "The Falcons offense is amazing BUT..." there is no chance in Hades that a team that can't stop ANYONE can make it anywhere in the playoffs.

We've had the "Prevent Defense" discussion around here a few times & what it means for teams to be playing from 3 scores down, but when you really look at these 4th quarter scores as graphics -- without watching the games -- what would you say about this Falcons team?

Especially knowing graphics 1, 2, 3 & 4 represent the #3, #4, #12 & #10 scoring offenses in the NFL, respectively?

I'm not too worried about these young dudes.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Take out the prevent scores, -14 in Tam, 10 in Den, 16 Carolina, 7 in NO, 7 in Oak, Falcons end up at 22.6 points a game-15th instead of 29th.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina really sucked this year. At least MN had a moment.
Ok seems logical.. its basing it off defensive front 7... in the same regard we could just say Green Bay doesn't count bc the defense was terrible this year.. at least read the article before you just come spouting off about what doesn't count and what does. I guess we will just vacate both our wins against Carolina since they don't count :rolleyes:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out Rodgers' stats in domes in the playoffs. You guys have to stop the best QB in the NFL who is on a MISSION. Good luck with that.

Members online

Latest posts