NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I say our oline is better? Nope we are weak at RG and our Matthews is playing hurt. Simply informed you that our RT is top 5. We have arguably the best C in fb. And our LT is clays cousin. That match up alone will be a joy to watch on both sides. Cousin vs cousin. Neither wants to lose. You have a great pass blocking team. We have fast penetrating linemen. It's gonna be a battle.

Your statement wasn't to "simple" you're just close minded to the fact that we match up against you better than dallas did..
and apparently the rest of the NFL too lmao. Not sure what Dallas has to do with any of this, My statement is based on the Packer's O line play all year against every team they have faced in the last 18 games. Even when the Packers's offense was struggling, the line was giving Rodgers all day to find a receiver. I will stand by my earlier statement and say that comparing Beasley to Perry is a moot point without considering the respective o lines.

Last edited:

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and apparently the rest of the NFL too lmao.
That makes 0 sense. You lost 6 games for a reason.. if your offense was unbeatable then you wouldn't have lost those games. Fact is we found a way to slow you down week 8. Giants found a way to slow you down and so did dallas. Difference is Giants left points on the field and you know it. Dallas lost contain and you made them pay..

Your team is not unbeatable.. either is ours. All I have done is give you ways that our defense plans to attack you. All I've heard so far is nuh uh Arod this and Arod that.. how do you plan to stop our offense bc the only thing that stopped us last time was illegal formation penalties.. not your defense..

I want to know how your defense plans to stop us. I've presented our case and still all I get is no Arod will march in on a unicorn slingin bullets.

You guys are great classy and passionate fans, just humor me and give me a reason why your d can stop our offense..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Falcons to score 30+ why would I give you reasons our D is going to stop you? this is dumb. The Falcons are marginally better than Dallas. they are not better than the Giants, Texans, Vikings or Seahawks. I'm not worried about your defense. Go ahead and press and use your spy. Do it 90% of the time. We'll see on sunday how it works.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Falcons to score 30+ why would I give you reasons our D is going to stop you? this is dumb. The Falcons are marginally better than Dallas. they are not better than the Giants, Texans, Vikings or Seahawks. I'm not worried about your defense. Go ahead and press and use your spy. Do it 90% of the time. We'll see on sunday how it works.
Alright good talk. Sounds good

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Your statement wasn't to "simple" you're just close minded to the fact that we match up against you better than dallas did..
It's a tough call. I definitely think that Ryan will be able to exploit us more in the secondary, deep down the field.

However, your offensive line and running game is no Dallas. I think the key for Green Bay will be the ability to situationally get to Matt Ryan and disrupt his throwing lanes and lay a little wood on him.

If the Packers are able to do that, I love our chances. Otherwise, a shootout is indeed in the works.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
humor me and give me a reason why your d can stop our offense.
I accept it won't be often. We'll play bend not break and force Atlanta to slowly ooze down the field. Capers banks on your offense ******** up once or twice during those long drives which is when the defense will pounce. Hold you to a field goal with the expectation Rodgers will trump that with a TD going the other way. Picture your 1st quarter last week playing out all game. Each side gets maybe 5-6 drives? 1 or 2 stops, a field goal or two and the scores maybe get in the thirties.
Playing bend-don't break defense by both sides forcing long time consuming drives is why I believe the over / under is too high.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes 0 sense. You lost 6 games for a reason.. if your offense was unbeatable then you wouldn't have lost those games. Fact is we found a way to slow you down week 8. Giants found a way to slow you down and so did dallas. Difference is Giants left points on the field and you know it. Dallas lost contain and you made them pay..

Your team is not unbeatable.. either is ours. All I have done is give you ways that our defense plans to attack you. All I've heard so far is nuh uh Arod this and Arod that.. how do you plan to stop our offense bc the only thing that stopped us last time was illegal formation penalties.. not your defense..

I want to know how your defense plans to stop us. I've presented our case and still all I get is no Arod will march in on a unicorn slingin bullets.

You guys are great classy and passionate fans, just humor me and give me a reason why your d can stop our offense..
lol so you take a very focused statement by me and broaden your argument to a general conversation so that you can change the subject and make statements that you feel more confident in making.... Everything I said made sense... you just decided to address points I did not make. I never made any claims about the Packer's offense being unstoppable. Nor did I make any statements about how successful I think our defense will be. At this point I think LT fan was right and you are a troll.... don't bother answering... I will not see it I have placed you on ignore.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a tough call. I definitely think that Ryan will be able to exploit us more in the secondary, deep down the field.

However, your offensive line and running game is no Dallas. I think the key for Green Bay will be the ability to situationally get to Matt Ryan and disrupt his throwing lanes and lay a little wood on him.

If the Packers are able to do that, I love our chances. Otherwise, a shootout is indeed in the works.

I accept it won't be often. We'll play bend not break and force Atlanta to slowly ooze down the field. Capers banks on your offense ******** up once or twice during those long drives which is when the defense will pounce. Hold you to a field goal with the expectation Rodgers will trump that with a TD going the other way. Picture your 1st quarter last week playing out all game. Each side gets maybe 5-6 drives? 1 or 2 stops, a field goal or two and the scores maybe get in the thirties.
Playing bend-don't break defense by both sides forcing long time consuming drives is why I believe the over / under is too high.

Thanks guys for responding, I think you both make very good points. I agree with San that your going to key on us making mistakes to get stops. Our offense has been known to get stupid procedural penalties. In fact our first game we had 4 illegal formations that cost us 4 first downs and stalled a few drives giving you the stops you just talked about. I do feel like we have cleaned them up but even with that Jake Matthews has been a little shaken and prone to false starts even when we are at home. I think his knee injury is effecting him more than we know because he has been jumping to the left to anticipate outside rushes and getting his **** kicked on the inside move.

I apologize if I come across as arrogant, I just really enjoy talking football and am looking for ways to pass the week.. big shout out to @longtimefan for letting me do that after booting me last week.

Cheers to you guys for making the nfccg. It's gonna be a great battle. Whoever holds to their team to 30 or less wins I feel.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Thank you for making my case for me.

Dallas slowed us down, yes. New York slowed us down, yes. What has happened in the first two playoff games? Dallas holds us to 16 the first time, we toss up 34 the second time around. New York holds us to 23 the first time around, we toss up 38 the second time around. Atlanta holds us to 32 the 1st time around...... I think you get the picture.

Honestly our only hope is that we get a guy or two back completely healthy in the secondary, and that the front 7 can put enough pressure on Ryan, and hopefully the back end holds up just long enough for Clay, JPep, or Perry to get to him.

Pressure on Ryan is going to be key. And yes, I know he had a passer rating off the charts this season against the blitz, but it's our best bet. And hope that the pressure of playing in his first NFCCG gets to him. I can promise you that if either team is fortunate enough to win the turnover margin by 2, that team is going to win this game. The Packers have had without question the best turnover margin in the NFL for the past 8 games. I trust Rodgers more than Ryan to not turn the football over. And as long as we avoid a huge fumble from a skill position guy, we should be in good shape.

He's been slingin' bullets from that unicorn for 8 straight weeks, homie. ;)

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol so you take a very focused statement by me and broaden your argument to a general conversation so that you can change the subject and make statements that you feel more confident in making.... Everything I said made sense... you just decided to address points I did not make. I never made any claims about the Packer's offense being unstoppable. Nor did I make any statements about how successful I think our defense will be. At this point I think LT fan was right and you are a troll.... don't bother answering... I will not see it I have placed you on ignore.
Ok thanks for having an open mind. Not a troll and I have discussed this with @longtimefan. Guess I just enjoy the ins and outs of football more than just saying my qb is better your defense sucks the end..

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ok thanks for having an open mind. Not a troll and I have discussed this with @longtimefan. Guess I just enjoy the ins and outs of football more than just saying my qb is better your defense sucks the end..

Personally I think you`ve done it well and credit to you for that, but like I said to the other guy, you`re on a Packerforum bud, and we`re hardly likely to agree with any point you make. May the best team win.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for making my case for me.

Dallas slowed us down, yes. New York slowed us down, yes. What has happened in the first two playoff games? Dallas holds us to 16 the first time, we toss up 34 the second time around. New York holds us to 23 the first time around, we toss up 38 the second time around. Atlanta holds us to 32 the 1st time around...... I think you get the picture.

Honestly our only hope is that we get a guy or two back completely healthy in the secondary, and that the front 7 can put enough pressure on Ryan, and hopefully the back end holds up just long enough for Clay, JPep, or Perry to get to him.

Pressure on Ryan is going to be key. And yes, I know he had a passer rating off the charts this season against the blitz, but it's our best bet. And hope that the pressure of playing in his first NFCCG gets to him. I can promise you that if either team is fortunate enough to win the turnover margin by 2, that team is going to win this game. The Packers have had without question the best turnover margin in the NFL for the past 8 games. I trust Rodgers more than Ryan to not turn the football over. And as long as we avoid a huge fumble from a skill position guy, we should be in good shape.

He's been slingin' bullets from that unicorn for 8 straight weeks, homie. ;)
Great points across the board. On our end we have a similar case.. we have played 4 teams twice this season. Seattle, NO, TB, CAR. Now before you say well those team suck... hear me out please.

We gave up 31 to TB wk 1. 2nd time we played them we were up 43-14 midway through the 4th befor allowing garbage yards/TDs playing prevent.

We were up 48-18 week 4 vs Car. Midway through the 4th before calling the dogs off.
We then held them to 16 points at their field week 16

We were up 45-25 @ NO who had #2 offense.. before drew Bree's went on his classic garbage stat hunt. 2nd time we played them it was 38-13 with the game well in hand beginning of the 4th. We let them back in the game towards the end but it was never really in question.

We lost 26-24 to Seattle in Seattle week 6. 2nd game around they scored the first touchdown and then proceeded to not find the end zone again untill 3 minutes left in the game down 36-13..

Look I know you guys can point out games similar to this. What I know after watching our team this year is that Quinn is great at in game adjustments and even better when he plays you a second time..

No question you will score. I doubt you'll score less than 24.. I also doubt you'll score more than 32.. nobody has scored more than 33 against us this season. The same can't be said for your D.

Thanks for hearing me out, it's going to be a great game of chess between ryan/capers and Rodgers/Quinn.

Here's to a great game!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think you`ve done it well and credit to you for that, but like I said to the other guy, you`re on a Packerforum bud, and we`re hardly likely to agree with any point you make. May the best team win.
I agree 100% with you. The rolls would be flipped if you came to our board. Thanks for hearing me out and reading what I had to say

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we had 4 rookies playing their 5th, 6th and 7th games on defense.. something tells me they play faster and more controlled now. We shall see won't we?
They are going to have to play faster because now they have to cover Cobb, Ty and Cook. Watch out for Ty he is sneaky good, and has a avg if 5.9 ypc. If Rodgers wasn't so hot right now we would run more often, there is just no need to right now. I cant even say how much of a impact having Ty at running back and Cook at tight end has helped this offense.

If we get Rollins and Burnett back we have at least a shot at slowing your offense down some. Without them we are looking at really high scoring game. We are going to rely on a fresh Peppers (saved for playoffs) CM, and Perry to get after Ryan. I don't see much blitzing because we are to beat up in the secondary. If the packers are slowing down the Falcons it will be because their pass rush is getting home. I really don't see some master plan that we are going to try, its more relying on the for rushers getting home before Ryan can find the open man.

The way I see it the Falcons better hope the Packers D don't slow them down even a little. With the Weapons we have on offense right now ( even without Jordy) I don't see us being slowed down by the Falcons below avg Defense. Before you start talking about the Falcons defense giving up garbage stats in the 4th qtr Ill have you know the Packers wrote the book on giving up garbage points and yards in the 4th lol

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are going to have to play faster because now they have to cover Cobb, Ty and Cook. Watch out for Ty he is sneaky good, and has a avg if 5.9 ypc. If Rodgers wasn't so hot right now we would run more often, there is just no need to right now. I cant even say how much of a impact having Ty at running back and Cook at tight end has helped this offense.

If we get Rollins and Burnett back we have at least a shot at slowing your offense down some. Without them we are looking at really high scoring game. We are going to rely on a fresh Peppers (saved for playoffs) CM, and Perry to get after Ryan. I don't see much blitzing because we are to beat up in the secondary. If the packers are slowing down the Falcons it will be because their pass rush is getting home. I really don't see some master plan that we are going to try, its more relying on the for rushers getting home before Ryan can find the open man.

The way I see it the Falcons better hope the Packers D don't slow them down even a little. With the Weapons we have on offense right now ( even without Jordy) I don't see us being slowed down by the Falcons below avg Defense. Before you start talking about the Falcons defense giving up garbage stats in the 4th qtr Ill have you know the Packers wrote the book on giving up garbage points and yards in the 4th lol
Touche lol I think your correct about your defense not doing anything exotic. Look our oline is weak at RG in pass protection if Daniels can get good push he can disrupt our timing and ryan. I will say ryan is much better moving in the pocket this yr but he is no Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Great points across the board. On our end we have a similar case.. we have played 4 teams twice this season. Seattle, NO, TB, CAR. Now before you say well those team suck... hear me out please.

We gave up 31 to TB wk 1. 2nd time we played them we were up 43-14 midway through the 4th befor allowing garbage yards/TDs playing prevent.

We were up 48-18 week 4 vs Car. Midway through the 4th before calling the dogs off.
We then held them to 16 points at their field week 16

We were up 45-25 @ NO who had #2 offense.. before drew Bree's went on his classic garbage stat hunt. 2nd time we played them it was 38-13 with the game well in hand beginning of the 4th. We let them back in the game towards the end but it was never really in question.

We lost 26-24 to Seattle in Seattle week 6. 2nd game around they scored the first touchdown and then proceeded to not find the end zone again untill 3 minutes left in the game down 36-13..

Look I know you guys can point out games similar to this. What I know after watching our team this year is that Quinn is great at in game adjustments and even better when he plays you a second time..

No question you will score. I doubt you'll score less than 24.. I also doubt you'll score more than 32.. nobody has scored more than 33 against us this season. The same can't be said for your D.

Thanks for hearing me out, it's going to be a great game of chess between ryan/capers and Rodgers/Quinn.

Here's to a great game!
Impressive.

I'll counter with this.

During the 8 game winning streak, the Packers dismantled 4 of the top 6 scoring defenses for the regular season. Those teams being Seattle, Minnesota, New York, Dallas. In all 4 games, the Packers threw up more points on them than any other opponent this season, scoring 38, 38, 38, and 34 respectively.

Atlanta presents the 6th worst scoring defense in the NFL this season.

Also, this is the only time in Aaron Rodgers' career that he has scored 30+ points in 6 consecutive games. And I certainly don't see that changing this week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm telling you, everyone expects it 46-48 or something, that's when the football god's decide on a 9-6 game, or maybe 5-6 even, just for fun.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Touche lol I think your correct about your defense not doing anything exotic. Look our oline is weak at RG in pass protection if Daniels can get good push he can disrupt our timing and ryan. I will say ryan is much better moving in the pocket this yr but he is no Rodgers.
Nahh Rodgers and his unicorn are on a mission and it has me pumped up hahaha

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impressive.

I'll counter with this.

During the 8 game winning streak, the Packers dismantled 4 of the top 6 scoring defenses for the regular season. Those teams being Seattle, Minnesota, New York, Dallas. In all 4 games, the Packers threw up more points on them than any other opponent this season, scoring 38, 38, 38, and 34 respectively.

Atlanta presents the 6th worst scoring defense in the NFL this season.

Also, this is the only time in Aaron Rodgers' career that he has scored 30+ points in 6 consecutive games. And I certainly don't see that changing this week.
Also impressive.. I don't doubt that you will score one bit lol. The Falcons have posted 40+ in 5 games this season and 30+ an additional 7 times. 12/17 games.

Prediction of the score?
I say 38 - 31 falcons
Arod 4 tds
Ryan 4 tds
Freeman 1 rushing TD being the difference

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You're not being arrogant. It's just the sensitivity of these little snowflakes here. When this thread first started I was going to compliment them as being a lot more mature than the Seahawks board, but then they all started to get their feelings hurt just because you disagreed with them when their arguments were no different than yours. And then you get banned, although the did let you come back. And now every post you're having to put a little groveling in to make sure their sensitive little feelings don't get hurt. Our board puts up with 10 times more stuff than any other board does. At least we can handle it.

Well head back to your board then. He`s argued some good points, you`ve just come in shooting your mouth off.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're not being arrogant. It's just the sensitivity of these little snowflakes here. When this thread first started I was going to compliment them as being a lot more mature than the Seahawks board, but then they all started to get their feelings hurt just because you disagreed with them when their arguments were no different than yours. And then you get banned, although the did let you come back. And now every post you're having to put a little groveling in to make sure their sensitive little feelings don't get hurt. Our board puts up with 10 times more stuff than any other board does. At least we can handle it.
So some people dont agree with you we are being sensitive? lol it sound like you are the one that cant handle it.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What happened in the 5 games you lost? I didn't see the games.